What's new

Shahid Afridi to retire from International cricket

He is preparing his entry for IPL .

As he is no more associated with PCB like Wasim Akram , he will be allowed to play .

He will earn much more in IPL
Good decision Afridi :lol:

Shahid Afridi Announces Retirement

KARACHI: Former Pakistan one day capatin, Shahid Afridi has announced his retirement from international cricket on Monday evening, according to reports.
Local media reported that Afridi, currently in the US, had decided to announce his retirement from international cricket after weeks of estranged ties with the Pakistan Cricket Board which saw him being replaced as the Pakistan team captain.
Afridi had come under sharp criticism for comments he made about the team management when he returned home following a lackluster end to the one day series in West Indies which saw Pakistan cede ground too easily in the final two one day internationals. Pakistan had won the series 3-2.
His comments caused a storm between team management and the explosive batsmen and it prompted PCB to remove Afridi as the ODI team captain.
Afridi reportedly said that it was difficult for him to play under the current cricket board, which – he says – pays no respect to senior players.
Afridi had also withdrawn from the current two match series against Ireland citing ill health of his father as the reason to skip the series. Afridi had already been replaced by Misbahul Haq as the team captain by the PCB.
Shahid Afridi made his ODI debut on 2nd of October 1996 against Kenya and his Test debut on 22nd of October 1998 against Australia.
Afridi is the leading wicket-taker in the twenty-twenty format, taking 53 wickets in 43 matches.
In June 2009 Afridi took over the twenty-twenty captaincy from Younus Khan, and was later appointed one-day captain for the 2010 Asia Cup.
In his first international innings, Afridi broke the record for the fastest century in one-day international cricket, scoring a hundred in 37 balls.

Shahid Afridi announces retirement – The Express Tribune

All is politics, though he was uunable to perform with bat but his captaincy & bowling were great. PCB consists of duffer PPP clowns, first Shoaib Akhter, now Shahid Afridi. They did same politics with Mohammad Yousuf & Shoaib Malik.

According to him , it " punjabi clan" who made his life miserable plus Ijaz butt (fat ) who really really need to quit. But he is Zaradari cronies crony. I think he been mistreated. He suppose to be Captain in Ireland squad, but I.Butt ejected him .

About time he left, give the young boys a chance. He is waaaaay past his prime. I wouldnt be surprised however if two months on we hear Afridis coming back. Nothing can be predicted in Pakistan cricket.

i know a lot of members wont like me saying this but pakistani cricket is just a reflction of pakistan as a country. there is so much uncertainity and total lack of transperency.

we can see sometimes individual flashes of brilliance but the cohesion and team spirit is gone.

i am sure he will be back after some time. publically anounced retirement and quiet selection into team is normal these days in pakistani cricket.

Damn lame reason given by Afridi while retiring
There was no need to blame PCB , he said PCB is the worst board to work with .
So now how will he play cricket , thru UAE :lol:

His batting in World Cup was abysmal , instead of working on himself and improving he chose to retire and blame PCB for it

How many times the same drama has been played earlier?

I think he is doing it for the 3rd or 4th time.

Didn't he retire early in the year as well?

I suppose all 'non selected' players tend to retire, and when they are told that they might be selected, they choose to come out of retirement.

There is no room for Afridi in the next World Cup. The best is to groom the youngsters like Hammad Azam and get them ready to win the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom