What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

I think we have made a lot of strides in creating capabilities that are effective against the Shaheds,” Mr. Crino said. “Our ability to get those systems to Ukraine and get them integrated into their defensive structure has been somewhat more limited.”

As the Russian invasion nears its first anniversary, private companies say they are factoring the Iranian drones into their planning.

Bill Haraka, vice president of defense and security with the Dutch Robin Radar Systems, said his firm was optimizing its sensors to best identify larger drones including the Shahed-136. “The requests we’re getting from different organizations in Europe is actually to battle that particular threat,” Haraka said.

Fortem Technologies, a Utah-based airspace security company, said it was modifying its DroneHunter system, which captures drones in nets, to work against Iranian drones. “We have certainly been made aware of the characteristics of the Shahed-136, and we have made improvements that can capture that type of drone,” CEO Jon Gruen said.

He added that the Shahed-136 “is currently the biggest threat of an unmanned air system type in the Ukrainian conflict.”

-----

It's tough to be a Shahed hater today :-)
GOOOOSH!

If Shahed 136s are causing THIS MUCH PROBLEMS for Ukraine, can you imagine how much more damaged Ukraine would now if Iran sold Russia/ If Russia used more deadly drones like the Arash 2????? smfh...Arash 2s in the same volume and # of Shahed 136 will take Ukraine back to the 70s or 80s ...jokes aside.

In other words, still having difficulty in detection.
that other Utah company apparently uses "nets'?? whaaaat??? i've never heard of any countries using nets to effectively "capture" military drones in real war scenario. smh.

Last edited:
If more stuff from Iran is found in Russia, perhaps this thread should be re-named into a Iran - lend/lease thread.

Anyways, these helmets look alot like these posters.

1673410938076.png
1673410995747.png

Anyone know if these helmets are also made by Russia and Iran has a copy, or are these helmets Iranian. This is a picture of newly mobilized in training personnel.

You can see the slight differences between the Russian ones and what I presume is the Iranian one.

Russian Helmet;
1673411143845.png

Iranian one;
1673411194577.png

One can see what I presume is the Iranian one which has a longer backside and large gap for the ears.

Attachments

• 1673411157073.png
    1673411157073.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Isn't that just a PASGT copy?
Certainly looks like it, which makes me wonder how Russian mobilized and in-training units would have them equipped.

As far as I am aware, Russia has never had or used them, but Iran does and makes copies so the conclusion would be they got them from Iran. I would initially be hesitent to say that since they are widely spread around the world, but since we also saw Iranian plate carriers in newly mobilized men, I assume its part of a package.

Rumour from a popular Ukrainian - Russian telegram channel which has proven to be somewhat reliable. (Легитимный)

#Gossip
Our source reports that Russia has formed a large stockpile of kamikaze UAVs. It is expected that the Russians can apply their mass and simultaneous use for two to four days, when the alarm will be constant and the air defense will be overloaded, which will increase the quality of use. After all, the defense will be broken.
There is a version that this tactic will be used before the massive all-round offensive that everyone is talking about now.

Flight trackers may no longer show delivers to Russia, that does not necessarily mean UAS's have not been delivered via sea as 100s of ships have docked and departed Russian & Iran for a while now.

In addition, the transport of ballistic missiles may also be done through sea, and if Iran is to procure Su-35's it would certainly be in a swap deal with missiles. All this may be witnessed soon in the expected Russian 2nd attack that will commence perhaps in February or March using the number of newly mobilized divisions.

(All rumours and conjecture I should add)

Seeing reports (unconfirmed) that Ukraine have created similar or identical UAS's to the Shahed-136/131 in Ukraine using parts sourced from abroad and are assembling many of them for future use

Seeing reports (unconfirmed) that Ukraine have created similar or identical UAS's to the Shahed-136/131 in Ukraine using parts sourced from abroad and are assembling many of them for future use
i think its a good idea.....with hopeless timing.

Ukraine doesnt have an equipment or technology problem- it has a manpower and strategy problem, that have worsened considerably over the several months...which has led to Ukraine losing the initiative in the war...so Ukraine expects FAKE UKRAINIAN WEAPONS Shahed 136 knock offs to give it the initiative back? lmao.

i think its a good idea.....with hopeless timing.

Ukraine doesnt have an equipment or technology problem- it has a manpower and strategy problem, that have worsened considerably over the several months...which has led to Ukraine losing the initiative in the war...so Ukraine expects FAKE UKRAINIAN WEAPONS Shahed 136 knock offs to give it the initiative back? lmao.
Alittle late, but can still cause harassment problems for Russian infrastructure, It really depends on how many are being made. With the help of foreign industry, they can have all the parts sent to them for final assembly in their own soil.

Just mentioning it here in case someone gets surprised.

FYI, I am quite certain Russia is also preparing for a massive missile & drone attack as well.

Last edited:
I wonder what this little guy over here flying right now is carrying; It is still flying at the moment

FmzjY1RX0AAITAE

For anyone interested,

Their were flights on Jan 2nd, 4th, 9th, 12th & 18th so far this year. Yet Shahid's have not been used in over 2 weeks time. Currently stockpiling is taking place it appears or other goods are being delivered.

A new shipment of soft drinks on its way to russia....:azn:

"Cargo of soda and fragrant and decorative flowers on the way after a short distance between the last flight of Iran's Transportation Planes to Moscow, the re-flight of the famous IL-76TD Transportation Aircraft from Tehran to Venokova Moscow Airport"

A new shipment of soft drinks on its way to russia....:azn:

"Cargo of soda and fragrant and decorative flowers on the way after a short distance between the last flight of Iran's Transportation Planes to Moscow, the re-flight of the famous IL-76TD Transportation Aircraft from Tehran to Venokova Moscow Airport"
The beauty of this cunning plan is that once you`ve drunk the soft drink you can then "recycle" the empty beverage container into a munitions carrier.😁
Those fiendishly clever iranians and russians.....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom