What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

Yes it is bakwas. Qaum ka paisa phenk rahai hain

If these guys can't provide air support and backup to our soldiers in a 5 hours long gun fight then all these acquisitions are useless

India sai to waisai hi dosti hai. Mithayi exchange ho rahi hai. BLA sai bhi nahi larhna. Then what is the need for buying this??

SH15 is for conventional adversaries.

You mean broke into two nations in 1971?

Pakistan already operates A-100E, which are export variants of AR-1, that too with full ToT. Whats more there to export, unless Pakistan cannot still manufacture rockets?

Stupid rats cant do anything, rats just took advantage of our internal issues and only a rat would be proud of such an act.
What we can and cant manifacture u have tasted, when we slapped u on the face so hard ur ears were ringing for weeks. I doubt u ppl will try again soon lolz.

He has a fair point, this needs to be shouted in every thread and every platform until the despondent authorities start placing a higher value on the heads of foot soldiers.
True and Not true. You always choose the battles you fight. Don't believe me then look at how the Indians have tackled the Chinese. How aggressive have they been. There are other ways of dealing with issues of such nature. At that point in time retaliating would have caused more harm than done good. Friendly fire incidents have occurred with the British soldiers as well. So unsavoury as it was, it should be seen in perspective. I dont say we should ever forget it but accept that we could not have done much about it. There are a few big black dots on our history . This remains one of them.
A

Stupid rats cant do anything, rats just took advantage of our internal issues and only a rat would be proud of such an act.
What we can and cant manifacture u have tasted, when we slapped u on the face so hard ur ears were ringing for weeks. I doubt u ppl will try again soon lolz.
You're arguing with the genius who thinks India can win a nuclear war

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah, Mommy didn't hug you enough tonight? Poor thing. Now back to topic.

You're arguing with the genius who thinks India can win a nuclear war
Not win... Survive but badly hurt.

Could the South Korean K9 thunder be a option for Pak Army.

Check the recent discussions in this this thread: https://defence.pk/pdf/posts/13534051/
It only provides marginal improvements over the M109.
Better would be to upgrade m109s and have an overall of our towed artillery

Just becos you think is western and u think it's better than SH-15? Archer has more recoil due to its height and placement of the whole system. If you think it's accuracy is better than SH-15.

Let me ask you, can archer use for direct shooting?

SH-15 can, more or less prove is superior accuracy. Archer is too big to be easy flown around. It need C-17 or Y-20 to flown it while SH-15 needs only Y-9 or CJ-130 to do the job. Big , full auto doesn't necessarily always mean better. Just like MBT, with heavier weight comes lesser infrastructure to support it.
Archer, NORA B52 K2 and several other wheeled SP options are available on the market and the SH-15 has done absolutely nothing to distinguish itself from the competition. They’re all equally good on paper, each has some strengths and weaknesses. How they performed in trials; only the relevant militaries know.

The SH-15 doesn’t have an auto-loader, hence it lacks the RoF of SP guns with auto-loaders, it also lacks any remote firing capability by extension and has lower ground clearance than some of its rivals. All of these were pointed out by the PA during trials and this also led to PA considering other systems, or considering two systems at once.
On the other hand, it’s lighter, cheaper and easily transportable. It’s accuracy and range on paper is on par with its rivals, not better or worst (again, results may vary in trials). It’s the perfect SP for China because they designed it around their requirements, the lack of an auto-loader was a compromise china was willing to make to make the gun easily airlift-able, that has more advantages for China than the auto-loader, but it may not for every country. Pakistan tends to go with the Chinese options because they give a better deal + ToT while having equivalent or close enough performance to competitors (more often than not they’re also just simply the better option altogether, like in the case of the VT-4 and the Z-10ME, but other times they’re a compromise, like in the case of the J-10C).

What I’m trying to say is, the SH-15 is a very good artillery system that matches its competitors, it has its own strengths and weaknesses, it’s not anything more special than another system of its class however, it’s not revolutionary, so please stop claiming so, and to the people shilling for western systems, if PA picked the SH-15, that should end all the debates anyways, because it was the best performing gun in PA trials by that decision.

Last edited:
Anything based off the M109 is an average option at best, even modern ones. If PA really wants tracked howitzers, China and Russia make much better ones. Germany, UK and other European countries make decent ones too but those won’t be available for sale. Maybe PLZ-05 will be a Realistic option for PA to replace M109s with if they purchase SH-15, due to the shared ammo and other logistics.

Back
Top Bottom