What's new

Sex education in schools should be banned, Union health minister Harsh Vardhan says

Don't worry. Talibanizing this country will not work. Have faith, we will drill sense into the 'good' doctor.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic. But I thought Modi was going to just focus on the economy.

This regressive social conservatism does no one any good.

I don't know if this is sarcasm.

But one of India's major problems is overpopulation. coupled with poverty. Sex education should have been taught from the moment we got independence.

Imagine of India's population stood at 500 million or something.
It's not sarcasm.

Sex education is taught from around a little after puberty (in India usually around the 9th standard). And that is what should be maintained.

378776_358204310859768_226435817369952_1607943_782700536_n.jpg
71954160772093947861100.jpg

Nope, read post #67. I did not say that, it was written by the Mr.SIngh in post #61
he was hinting at me bruv, chill

I don't know if you are being sarcastic. But I thought Modi was going to just focus on the economy.

This regressive social conservatism does no one any good.
Modi is. I am disappointed why a reserved doctor with splendid reputation is behaving like a loose canon.

I am Hindutvavadi but not brain dead.

I don't know if this is sarcasm.
But one of India's major problems is overpopulation. coupled with poverty. Sex education should have been taught from the moment we got independence.
Imagine of India's population stood at 500 million or something.
It's Not Sarcasm Not Prejudice He was still misquoted And Misinterpreted Like before As for banning Sex Education from schools is no affect Because there is No Sex education that is added in curriculum's Reality in schools Its Still a Taboo for Teachers and parents To Talk to there children or Pupils about it.Topic is very sensitive in nature for an Indian Mindset well it will change with the time.

Modi is. I am disappointed why a reserved doctor with splendid reputation is behaving like a loose canon.

Because his statements will be seen as sensible, and in accordance with Indian culture by the majority of Indians.

To you and me, it makes no sense, but trust me, when Asaram Bapu said the girl Nirbhaya should fall at the feet of her rapists and call them 'brother' he was speaking to a significant constituency within India

It's not sarcasm.

Sex education is taught from around a little after puberty (in India usually around the 9th standard). And that is what should be maintained.

But I am not a fan of ramming through sex education. I am sure majority of Indians oppose a progressive sex education system.

Because his statements will be seen as sensible, and in accordance with Indian culture by the majority of Indians.

To you and me, it makes no sense, but trust me, when Asaram Bapu said the girl Nirbhaya should fall at the feet of her rapists and call them 'brother' he was speaking to a significant constituency within India

But I am not a fan of ramming through sex education. I am sure majority of Indians oppose a progressive sex education system.
I know.

But like I said - I am Hindutva-vadi but not braindead.

Not talking about ramming. But it's time we accept it as necessary. I studied it in school (ICSE) and I have not become a sex monster or a pervert.

Last edited:
Look you Start a negativity it not a good if compare Western and Indian culture on same Page then im sorry My friend you are comparing Apples with Oranges.We are not a Open society like them and can never will be unless we are Hindus there will be Taboo in this sensitive things Although Education is good In My Views but It should be i Done in Such Way that its will not effect are cultural values

you are a man after my heart :3
:hitwall: @Indischer

No but seriously - never been deep into religion, I am more of a non religious Nationalist. Proud Hindu but largely in a cultural sense.

Look you Start a negativity it not a good if compare Western and Indian culture on same Page then im sorry My friend you are comparing Apples with Oranges.We are not a Open society like them and can never will be unless we are Hindus there will be Taboo in this sensitive things Although Education is good In My Views but It should be i Done in Such Way that its will not effect are cultural values
We don't have to be like them.

Our sex education need not be like the one taught in Amsterdam for example. But the study of basic anatomy is necessary. It is the duty of the folks at NCERT to make sure the study materials are appropriate. For example - in class 8 or 9 there should only be basics, simple stuff and it can progress from there on.

The problem is this -
We humans don't need education to make babies. It's the other way round. :)

For the Western countries the primary objective is to stay safe from STDs.
In India the objective is to ingrain family planning. And how would you teach it without sex education? :P

Last edited:
:hitwall: @Indischer

No but seriously - never been deep into religion, I am more of a non religious Nationalist. Proud Hindu but largely in a cultural sense.

We don't have to be like them.

Our sex education need not be like the one taught in Amsterdam for example. But the study of basic anatomy is necessary. It is the duty of the folks at NCERT to make sure the study materials are appropriate. For example - in class 8 or 9 there should only be basics, simple stuff and it can progress from there on.

The problem is this -
We humans don't need education to make babies. It's the other way round. :)

For the Western countries the primary objective is to stay safe from STDs.
In India the objective is to ingrain family planning. And how would you teach it without sex education? :P
I agree with you Mate but Teachers should also be broadminded to Educate their Pupils. In My school Days , though its one of most Influential school in Delhi Teachers hesitate to Explain the the Chapters related to SEX education or reproduction in Biology May be because of Indian Mindset Have faced it in your school times or Not ??

Back
Top Bottom