What's new

Serviceability Of IAF Aircrafts in Event Of war

The IAF wanted it, but the 90's were the time India was only starting to grow and also restructuring itself in terms of logistics and personnel as a number of key personnel and experienced pilots were lost to airlines. Thankfully for the IAF, the PAF was in worse shape in the early 90's as well so the government and bureucrats did not pay heed to the IAF's needs.

by the early 2000's, all the french wanted to push was the Rafale.

i am surprised that they were not factoring it the near collapse of russian military industrial complex

even with the paf woes i could have made a case for 40-50 more mirage-2000s

i am surprised that they were not factoring it the near collapse of russian military industrial complex

even with the paf woes i could have made a case for 40-50 more mirage-2000s
I would have gone with more. Rather than the MKI contract, a Mirage line would have made much much more sense.

I would have gone with more. Rather than the MKI contract, a Mirage line would have made much much more sense.

I agree the Mirage-2000 production line would have been better in the long run

That was the earlier plans in 90s with 50 Mirrage 2000H as flyaway and 150 license build by HAL. But due to economical constrain and hit, India stopped at 50 made in France Jets.

That was the earlier plans in 90s with 50 Mirrage 2000H as flyaway and 150 license build by HAL. But due to economical constrain and hit, India stopped at 50 made in France Jets.

We missed the opportunity to make more in house Mig-29s and Mirage 2000s.

MIG-29 was never an idea, rather it was Mirrage 2000 H.

After the disintegration of USSR, non availability of spares was a major issue. Hopefully they won't miss out making Rafales in India this time.

Indian fleet is aging and needs a lot more than just 36 Rafales.

Back
Top Bottom