BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
mig_29upg_01.jpg

Mig-29 "Fulcrum" Has Serviceability Of 75%

CohVaweVUAACFW8.jpg

Mirage-2000 has Serviceability of 75 %

Compared with India’s older Mirage 2000 and MiG-29 fleets, whose readiness rates hover near 75%, fully 40% of the SU-30MKIs are considered unfit for operational flying

Source:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/india-ordering-modernizing-su-30mkis-05852/

Sukhoi-30MKI

1373993526321448549.jpg

As Per CAG the Operational readiness of Sukhoi-30MKI was 59% as of 2010 Which Quoted here by My Pakistani friends But Its Almost 6 Years Now HAL Nasik Produce 12-14 MKI Per year So IAF almost added 4 Squadrons Of brand New MKI as 2016

So the Present readiness of MKI is BTW 65-70% As Per Experts

CAG report Below (Which quoted by Members)
chap_2-page-054-jpg.281027

Mig-21 and Mig-27 has Servability Rate BTW 55-60 % including Upgraded Bison and Mig-27 Upg version

mig-21_bison_IAF.jpg

mig-27-iaf630.jpg

SEPECAT Jaguar

Hindustan+Aeronautics+Limited+%2528HAL%2529+successfully+carried+out+the+maiden+flight+of+avionics+upgraded+Jaguar+aircraft+Darin+III+here+today.+This+is+significant+moment+for+HAL+%25282%2529.jpg

Its Also One Of the Major Back Bone Of IAF Along With Mirage-2000 For SEAD/DEAD Ops Its Serviceability Lies Btw 65% As Per report Out Of 144 Jaguars 90 are ready Any given Time

Last edited:
Mig-29K/KUB
fki0ijj69mdrqy3vdq9s.jpg

Recent CAG Report Notifies Operational readiness of Mig-29K/KUB 37-45%

chapter-2-performance-audit-on-construction-of-indigenous-aircraft-carrier-page-046-jpg.320859

++++
Sources are Given Above By Authenticated Sources And Documents Present in public Domain Including PDF

Last edited:
In 1_2 years mki will achieve 75-80% of availability ratio... with rafale giving around the same

Mig-29K/KUB
fki0ijj69mdrqy3vdq9s.jpg

Recent CAG Report Notifies Operational readiness of Mig-29K/KUB 37-45%

chapter-2-performance-audit-on-construction-of-indigenous-aircraft-carrier-page-046-jpg.320859

++++
Sources are Given Above By Authenticated Sources And Documents Present in public Domain Including PDF
He also cleared doubts surrounding the MiG-29 aircraft and said "serviceability of the plane has improved".
"Indian Navy was the first countryto induct MiG-29 aircraft. There were few issues when the aircraft were inducted initially and they have been resolved.The serviceability of the aircraft has improved over the years and majority of the problems are behind us," Lanba said.

Major reason was Ukraine conflict and unavailability of spares.
Source: https://defence.pk/threads/in-had-f...een-resolved-navy-chief.442383/#ixzz4LTTHia70

Eurofighter - >50%
F-16 - 70-80%
Rafale - 80% +
F-22 - 62%

https://defence.pk/threads/serviceability-rate-of-fighter-aircrafts.412550/

Last edited:
i was wondering if peace time serviceability rates will hold up during combat

Ok. Since I do have "some" experience in the serviceability area of heavy machinery. My two cents.

Even if you take 50% across the board today or tmrw or day after. That wont be the case when it comes to conflict. Priorities shift. So does the amount of money being spend.

That is why India backed off from war in 2008 and 01?

There was going to be a war in 2008 and 2001?

i was wondering if peace time serviceability rates will hold up during combat
War Serviceability Is National emergency My friends Defence production beefed So are the resources

During Kargil We Fired almost 2.5 Lakhs of 155mm Shells in just Few days of war Some of them provided by Russians And isreal

War Serviceability Is National emergency My friends Defence production beefed So are the resources

During Kargil We Fired almost 2.5 Lakhs of 155mm Shells in just Few days of war Some of them provided by Russians And isreal
combat aircraft are pushed to the limit. In peacetime the hours are limited. in a full scale war there is a tendency to maximize the use. you can end up breaking these aircraft

So the Present readiness of MKI is BTW 65-70% As Per Experts
The M2K's are historically the aircraft with highest (or rather comparable to western standards) available aircraft for the IAF since the 80's. Which makes sense as even with the induction of the MKI they were India's most prized assets.

The JAGs are also relatively reliable assets, so one can accept the figures.

As for the Mig-21s Mig-27s, availability is impossible to standardize since it varies across manufacturing date from HAL and/or Russian support.

The Mig-29 suffered from lack of timely Russian support so despite the CAG impression that somehow IAF is at fault; I would not fault them.

As for the MKI, I'll agree to disagree till the next CAG report.

A good ancillary topic would be pilot availability for IAF as well.

The M2K's are historically the aircraft with highest (or rather comparable to western standards) available aircraft for the IAF since the 80's. Which makes sense as even with the induction of the MKI they were India's most prized assets.

The JAGs are also relatively reliable assets, so one can accept the figures.

As for the Mig-21s Mig-27s, availability is impossible to standardize since it varies across manufacturing date from HAL and/or Russian support.

The Mig-29 suffered from lack of timely Russian support so despite the CAG impression that somehow IAF is at fault; I would not fault them.

As for the MKI, I'll agree to disagree till the next CAG report.

A good ancillary topic would be pilot availability for IAF as well.

i am surprised the IAF did not acquire more Mirage-2000 aircraft

CAG Only Made Its Presumption On Mig-29K Though Navy Chief Has Different view In it
Good news Just today It reported That 100 Engines are Delivered To indian Navy
http://idrw.org/russia-supplies-ind...-engines-for-mig-29-fighter-jets/#more-109867
'
As for IAF Mig-29 Has In House Service Facilities Since 2013 For Spare Parts and Logistics As Per CAG Report Of 2015 Upgrade is going As Per Plan Recently few day back reported is in its Final Stages
https://defence.pk/threads/russian-firms-establish-mig-29upg-service-centres.278794/

Last edited:
We did not want Pakistan surrender again. You know US drones already killing enough Pakistanis army during that time.
I believe the thread is about air arms, so while we display a polished Gnat on our side, you had to paint the Pakistani flag on one of your own wreck to feel good. !!! :D

i am surprised the IAF did not acquire more Mirage-2000 aircraft
The IAF wanted it, but the 90's were the time India was only starting to grow and also restructuring itself in terms of logistics and personnel as a number of key personnel and experienced pilots were lost to airlines. Thankfully for the IAF, the PAF was in worse shape in the early 90's as well so the government and bureucrats did not pay heed to the IAF's needs.

by the early 2000's, all the french wanted to push was the Rafale.

Back
Top Bottom