What's new

Separatist leader Asiya Andrabi booked for waving Pak flag, making anti-India speech

If a religion doesn't want to be ridiculed, they should stop having ridiculous beliefs or practices. If I have a religious belief that I should dance on the streets in clown clothes on my way to work, I can't really blame others for ridiculing me and my religion.

Let me tell you, no religion is flawless and by their very nature, they don't change much with the time. So, what seemed to be the right thing to do at one point of time may not the true in some other time frame.

But, that does not give us any authority to tell others how they should go about their own life. We cannot dictate that. That's what Hindu way of life tells us, in case you did not know. I might be against the actions of this person we are talking about. But neither me nor you have any right to comment on her personal choices.

Asiya Andrabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

x240-TYN.jpg

jammu.jpg

Ha ha

Reminds of the thread here where a lady was not admitted to an educational institution in Pakistan for wearing a veil during her interview.

you want us to highlight Hindu practices here .......... ???

If it's relevant, sure. The topic is about Burkha aunty demanding freedom, while she doesn't even have the freedom to show her face. Oh and she is also famous for shutting down Kashmiri women's singing bands and other artistic endeavours. Yea, she wants Kashmiris to have the freedom to do what she says.

If there is any hindu practice on the topic, shoot. And don't forget Christian or Jain practices too.

Let me tell you, no religion is flawless and by their very nature, they don't change much with the time. So, what seemed to be the right thing to do at one point of time may not the true in some other time frame.

Correct. BTW some practices were not correct in any time. Anyway, when we have socially evolved to recognize some practices as absurd, but some people refuse to change their beliefs, obviously it would invite ridicule. The ffew Christians who still believe in a flat earth are ridiculed by one and all.

But, that does not give us any authority to tell others how they should go about their own life. We cannot dictate that. That's what Hindu way of life tells us, in case you did not know. I might be against the actions of this person we are talking about. But neither me nor you have any right to comment on her personal choices.

Correct again, but how is that relevant? I did not try to force here to remove her veil, I only spoke my opinion that it is ridiculous to wear it. It's my opinion, and I have reasons to believe it.

Of course I have a right to comment on her personal choices - opinion and commentary are free, in free countries. What I do not have a right to do, is to force her to change her personal choices.

Your post would be much better directed at the woman in question. She is the one who has actually walked around the streets of Kashmir with her band of stick wielding burkhawomen, and stifled other people's rights and choices. Do read about how she has terrorized the local population into conforming to islamic practices. An all girls' band in Kashmir had to shut down due to threats from her group. There are several such examples. She is the one who uses force to take away personal liberties and freedoms, and has the audacity to demand "azadi" for people who have much more azadi than they ever would under her regime.

Correct again, but how is that relevant? I did not try to force here to remove her veil, I only spoke my opinion that it is ridiculous to wear it. It's my opinion, and I have reasons to believe it.

Of course I have a right to comment on her personal choices - opinion and commentary are free, in free countries. What I do not have a right to do, is to force her to change her personal choices.

First day of my training, my instructor told me, you can throw a punch only when you have got the guts to take a punch. I hope you get the drift.. Now carry on..

First day of my training, my instructor told me, you can only throw a punch only when you have got the guts to take a punch. I hope you get the drift.. Now carry on..

Agreed. I won't mind others ridiculing my beliefs or practices or religion - especially if they are indeed worthy of ridicule.

So I do have the guts to take a punch, if that's what you mean by the metaphor.

Getting back to the topic...
@al_asad_al_mulk I was expecting a response from you, probably that will also help me to know you better ?
I'm free for the rest of the day :)

Srinagar: Chief of radical women’s outfit Dukhtaran-e-Millat (DeM, Asiya Andrabi, who had stoked a controversy by addressing a rally organised by 26/11 attacks mastermind Hafiz Saeed-led Jamat-ud Dawah (JuD) in Pakistan over phone, was booked by the authorities under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, said reports on Monday.
391483-asia-andrabi-700-1.jpg

n her telephonic address to the rally, organised in Lahore on August 14, Andrabi had greeted the people of the neighbouring country on their Independence Day and spewed venom against the Indian establishment.

JuD chief Saeed was seen sitting on the stage during Andrabi’s address.

Hours before her address, the DeM chief had celebrated Pakistan’s Independence Day at her residence. Dozens of DeM activists had gathered in Bachpora area of the city where they celebrated Pakistan’s Independence Day and waved Pakistani flag.

Andrabi’s telephone address triggered a controversy with BJP’s Jammu and Kashmir unit president Jugal Kishore demanding strict action against her.

“These are instances of treason and will not be tolerated at all…Asiya Andrabi should be arrested.I expect that she would have been arrested by now and a case of treason would have been registered against her.”

Congress spokesman RPN Singh demanded that concrete action should be taken against those working against the state.

“The NSA-level talks are slated to be held on August 23-24. A lot of talks have happened and the government claims about a breakthrough. But, with the terrorists attacking India, there is an urgent need to take concrete action against them, whether it is Hafiz Saeed or Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi via these talks with Pakistan.”

JKNPP leader Harsh Dev Singh noted that this was not the first time that Andrabi has indulged in such acts. “I don’t understand why these people have been given a long rope by the present government in J-K.

They ought to have booked the culprits by now, because it’s not the first time that Asiya is indulging in such kind of anti-national activities… So, we feel unnerved by the government’s approach in taking action against people like her.”

Andrabi had earlier also celebrated Pakistan’s National Day on March 23 this year and hoisted the flag of that country, following which the police had registered a case against her under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.

First Published: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:34
Separatist leader Asiya Andrabi booked for waving Pak flag, making anti-India speech | Zee News

Not the 1st time & rest assured it will also not be the last time :)

Agreed. I won't mind others ridiculing my beliefs or practices or religion - especially if they are indeed worthy of ridicule.

So I do have the guts to take a punch, if that's what you mean by the metaphor.

Pointing you towards the fact that it is not the topic. It is our nationalistic agenda in question, not religion :)

Not the 1st time & rest assured it will also not be the last time :)
And what's the outcome ?

Point noted. Let me tell you something, and you may not like it, provided you have different beliefs and ideology.

It is about Kashmir and the freedom struggle there, right ?
Well, around 10 million people are living in Indian Kashmir. If only 10% of them rise up against the govt., get out in the streets and demand for separation, then no power in the face of the Earth has the capability to hold them back, let alone India, no matter how much troops we pour into the region. And they don't even have to pick up arms for that!

Having said that, the region has been in Indian control, for almost 70 years, right ? There has been no such case of mass peoples' support to the cause, else the results would have shown much earlier, that much I can tell from my experience and understanding.
Take a look at the actual events and compare it with another example of the subcontinent, East Pakistan. That issue had massive public support and they eventually succeeded, they would have done that with or without India.
So, that's how it is. Unless there is overwhelming public support to a cause, it's a lost cause. Starting from French revolution to current date, I cannot think of any instance which is an exception to this.
Thank you for the detailed post but my friend many people want but only few act that was the reason only hardcode comes on street and your 700000 thousand army also present their to suppress their demand.

Pointing you towards the fact that it is not the topic. It is our nationalistic agenda in question, not religion :)

OK, but there is a slight relevance - her imposition of her religious beliefs and practices on others, her stifling of Kashmiri people's personal freedoms, her hypocritical demand for freedom from India, when Indians (including Kashmiris) are much freer than she ever would let them be, and so on. It's the incongruity of "freedom fighters" fighting freedoms, rather than fighting for freedoms, that is so lugubrious.

Like fire-fighters fight and kill fires, crime-fighters fight and prevent crime, this "freedom fighter" fights and destroys freedoms.

Back
Top Bottom