What's new

Separatist Insurgencies in India - News and Discussions.

^^^ Froma maoists insurgency thread , bilal has turned this into an all- insurgency thread . Even news of building collapses and car accidents have been posted here . Oh the desperation .:lol:

The thread is about the Maoist thread; & insurgency. It includes all insurgencies in India. Which car accidents or building collapses have been posted here? There was one incident, which I deleted.

Armed militants abduct two persons in Mizoram:

Shillong Times reports that unidentified armed militants abducted two drivers of Indian Railways, identified as P K Bhattacharrya and A K Sharma, near Bairabi Railway station inside North Mizoram on October 20 triggering protests by colleagues who have paralysed functioning of the Railway in Badarpur section in South Assam.

oooooooooooo abducted.. so sad..

Wishing them speedy rescue and safety.

Armed militants abduct two persons in Mizoram:

Shillong Times reports that unidentified armed militants abducted two drivers of Indian Railways, identified as P K Bhattacharrya and A K Sharma, near Bairabi Railway station inside North Mizoram on October 20 triggering protests by colleagues who have paralysed functioning of the Railway in Badarpur section in South Assam.

why does western press ignore all this?

Two civilians killed in Jharkhand:

The Telegraph reports that an elderly tribal man and his son, who went missing from home last week and may have been abducted by the Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) cadres, were found dead in the Maoist-affected forests of Kuchai in Seraikela-Kharsawan District, 80 kilometres from Jamshedpur, on October 23. Sudarshan Samad (60) and Laxman Samad (20) were residents of Richadih village, located about 4 kilometres from where their bodies were recovered. Their throats were slit with some sharp weapon, the Police said, not ruling out Maoist hand in the killings. Seraikela-Kharsawan Superintendent of Police (SP), Abhishek said the father-son duo was last seen by family members on October 18. Kuchai is infamous as a preferred corridor of the CPI-Maoist cadres. Maoist cadres moving between Tamar and Saranda in West Singhbhum use Kuchai as a safe passage. So do those who migrate to the West Singhbhum forest from the Maoist-affected Purulia District in neighbouring West Bengal.

Further, three days after a Dhruv helicopter carrying Border Security Force (BSF) personnel crashed near Ranchi killing all three on board, the CPI-Maoist have claimed to have shot it down, reports India Today. In an SMS sent to the media, undersigned by the head of its South Chhotanagpur zonal committee head, Kundan Pahan, the Maoists have claimed responsibility for the incident. The message read: "Helicopter ko Maowadi Jan Mukti Chapamaar Sena ke veer jawanon ne maar giraya - Kundan Pahan [The helicopter was shot down by the brave soldiers of the People's Liberation Guerrilla Army”. The PLGA is the armed wing of the CPI- Maoist-and Pahan has been heading it for the last five years.

Local congress leader killed by KPLT killed in Assam:

Shillong Times reports that a local Congress leader, identified as Langtuk Killing, was shot dead by suspected Karbi Peoples’ Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militants while three of its linkmen have been arrested in Deutaghat Rongpigaon area in Assam’s Karbi Anglong District on October 22.

Meanwhile, an IED blast occurred in the Fulertol-Chripul area in Lakhimpur District bordering Manipur and another powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was found from the same place on October 23, reports The Sentinel.

Separately, Security Forces (SFs) arrested one ‘army chief’ of Noyon faction of Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP-Noyon) identified as Waikhom Chittaranjan Singh alias Achouba alias Pibarel Mangang, 38, from Hatigaon area in Guwahati on October 22. He disclosed himself to be the ‘army chief’ of KCP- Noyon faction and has been operating from Guwahati since the past 3 to 4 months, reports Kanglaonline.

Also, SFs on October 23 arrested a gang of five youths from Lekhapani under Jagun outpost in Jorhat District who were demanding money in the name of ULFA, reports The Telegraph.

Further, giving a fresh impetus to the ongoing peace process, the Government will hold talks with the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) on October 25 with an aim of finding a lasting solution to Assam's three-decade-old insurgency problem, Times of India reports. Top ULFA leaders will discuss with Government representatives various aspects of the group's 'charter of demands' which sought amendment in the Constitution for finding "meaningful" ways to protect the rights and identity of the indigenous people of Assam.

Also, The Sentinel reports that Peoples’ Council for Peace and Development (PCPD) has been formed in Sivasagar with the objectives of providing guidance and direction to ULFA to the possible extent, in convening talks with the Government of India by taking into account the real aspirations of the people, the views and approach, as well as, to make the people aware of the conditions and to make them conscious to form opinions and verdicts in this context.

Separately, Assam Tribune reports that in the face of a fresh standoff with the United People’s Democratic Solidarity (UPDS), Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram has invited Chief Minister, Tarun Gogoi to join him on October 24 (today) to resolve the deadlock.

Also, the Terror Victim’s Family Forum, Assam, an umbrella organisation of victims of militancy, on October 23 said they would oppose any move seeking bail for National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) leader Ranjan Daimary, the prime accused in the October 30, 2008, serial blasts that killed close to 100 people and injured hundreds. The forum, which has nearly 6,000 members, condemned the government’s move that facilitated the release of ULFA leaders from jail and said a similar move to release Daimary, if made, would be unacceptable.

Maoists kill Police patil in Maharashtra:

The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) cadres killed Ramdas Gawde, a Police patil (principal village official) from Yeragadda village in Aheri tehsil (revenue unit) of Gadchiroli District on October 22, reports Indian Express. After killing Gawde, the Maoists threw his body on the Allapalli-Sironcha highway.

Maoists blast kills eight cows in Odisha:

An accidental blast by the Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) cadres killed eight cows inside the remote forest between Ramnabadi and Jirakua villages under Sorada Police Station in Ganjam District on October 21, reports The Hindu. “Maoists, fearing public dissent, did not the want the news to spread,” said Deputy Inspector-General of Police, R.K. Sharma. As rumours started spreading, Security Forces visited the area on October 23.

Meanwhile, suspecting presence of Maoists from Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh, combing operations were intensified in Ganjam, Gajapati and Kandhamal Districts, reports IBN Live. We have launched combing operation for the last several days and will continue for some more days, Kandhamal Superintendent of Police J N Pankaj said.

Hand grenade recovered in Manipur:

Sangai Express reports that some unidentified persons planted a hand grenade at the Thoubal Wangmataba residence of one L Nandalal on October 23 in Thoubal District. The hand grenade was later neutralised.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Landmine recovered in West Bengal:

India Booms reports that Security personnel recovered a landmine hidden in a container in Jhargram area in West Midnapore District on October 22. The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) had given a call for shutdown in West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia Districts of the State to defy Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's seven-day deadline to Maoists to lay down arms and join peace talks. The normal life was crippled during the strike, as shops remained closed and vehicles were off road. Banerjee had set a seven-day deadline to the ultras to give up violence and join peace talks on October 15.

Meanwhile, two Maoists allegedly involved in putting up posters against Western Region Development Minister Susanta Hansda, were arrested from their homes at Grithokham village in the District on October 23, reports PTI. The two arrestees identified as Khokan Mahato alias Debang and Biswajit Mahato were also accused in cases of murder, attempt to murder, putting up road blocks and setting ablaze houses.

In another incident at Goaltore, several hand written posters of the Maoists were found by the joint forces demanding release of Maoist prisoners, withdrawal of joint forces and resignation of Trinamool Congress (TMC) Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) and leaders from Jungle Mahal area, the Police said. According to the posters, the Maoists highlighted that pre-poll promises were not kept by the State Government. Setting two specific demands, the Maoists called for the removal of Joint Forces and also demanded the list of 52 political prisoners to be released, which Mamata Banerjee had announced a few months ago. The Police have removed the posters and patrolling by joint forces has been intensified in the area.

Separately, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said a special package for the Maoist-hit areas of West Midnapore had been finalised, reports The Telegraph. “The chief minister has requested that such funding be extended to two more Jungle Mahal areas (Purulia and Bankura). I will speak to the Union Home Minister (P. Chidambaram) about this,” he said in Calcutta.

1 killed, 1 hand grenade found, some cows killed, C'mon bilalhaidar, is this the best you can do? --------------

No, actually 2 civilians killed in Jharkhand, local Congress leader killed in Orissa, police cadre killed in Mahrashatra, & explosives found in other Indian states.

This thread isn't about what country my parents chose, or where I reside or what I am. This is specific to the Maoist threat faced by India in many of its states; & I am only reporting the news.

No, actually 2 civilians killed in Jharkhand, local Congress leader killed in Orissa, police cadre killed in Mahrashatra, & explosives found in other Indian states.

This thread isn't about what country my parents chose, or where I reside or what I am. This is specific to the Maoist threat faced by India in many of its states; & I am only reporting the news.

Thank you ! If it weren't for you we wouldn't know about Maoists

What a reply Bilal - I commend you.

I was gonna' say what Bang Galore said but hey if it makes the man happy... Why get in his way? :what:

This thread isn't about what country my parents chose, or where I reside or what I am. This is specific to the Maoist threat faced by India in many of its states; & I am only desperately reporting the news.

The bold part - corrected .

and yeah you are not only reporting from the maoist insurgency you are reporting about all and any violent incidents that take place in any part of india .

Just to correct the facts . For eg , you said a local congress leader was killed in Orissa when in reality he was killed in Assam and there are no maoists in Assam .As i suspected you don't even bother to even read the articles you post . That shows your desperation .:lol:

Back
Top Bottom