What's new

Senior TTP Commander, Asmat Ullah Shaheen Assassinated.

I like the way PA is eliminating them. Instead of going for all out war, PA seems to rely on its assets in the region, and taking these ticks out by target killing, thereby minimizing collateral damage. A few days ago, a similar incident took place in which a vehicle of TTP scum was targeted by unidentified shooters.
Highly unlikely sir

Gunmen kill senior TTP commander in Miranshah: Officials
By AFP
Published: February 24, 2014
675515-image-1393231219-394-640x480.jpg

Asmatullah Shaheen. PHOTO: AFP

MIRANSHAH: Unidentified gunmen on Monday killed a senior commander of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) who had a government bounty on his head, officials and family said.

Asmatullah Shaheen, a former interim chief of the banned group was ambushed in Dargah Mandi village near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan.

“Unknown attackers opened fire on Asmatullah Shaheen’s car. He along with three associates died on the spot,” a security official in Miranshah told AFP.

A close relative of Shaheen told AFP that two other people travelling in the car were critically wounded.

The attackers fled the scene in a separate vehicle, the security official said.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the killing but a local security official blamed a rival militant group.

Shaheen, who was a member of the TTP’s top council and was the leader of the Bhittani tribe, had a $160,000 bounty on his head.

Earlier this month, the government entered into talks with the TTP aimed at ending their seven-year insurgency.

But the banned group continued carrying out attacks on a near-daily basis, and the dialogue was suspended last week after the insurgents claimed they had executed 23 kidnapped soldiers.

Since then, the Pakistan Air Force has been carrying out air strikes in the tribal regions, killing dozens.
--------------------------------------
Look at his FACE NOOR HEE NOOR :angel: :astagh:

It seems someone pissed off someone & now that someone is getting angry .

May be i am wrong but what i see is now a days only those commanders which were in favour of doing dialogue with GOP are dying.

If he is not one of the commanders who were willing to talk peace then maybe it hints us towards internal rift between different TTp factions.

You may be right my friend, but I think it is plausible. It would be naive to think that PA has no assets in the area.
PA does have Assets in FATA. But those assets are not Hired Guns....
Talking of plausibility, there are hundred and one things plausible but those do not matter..
What matter here is PA/ISI is not CIA

PA does have Assets in FATA. But those assets are not Hired Guns....
Talking of plausibility, there are hundred and one things plausible but those do not matter..
What matter here is PA/ISI is not CIA
I Love how much you people underestimate Army /ISI .

Highly unlikely sir

Actually looking at the recent sequence , it is the most likely of all possible explanations . Who else is there to fight the Taliban in the tribal areas ?

Back
Top Bottom