What's new

Sena hits out at Katju for saying awarding Bharat Ratna to Tendulkar a disgrace to country

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Mumbai: Attacking Press Council of India Chairman Justice Markandey Katju for his reported remarks about conferring Bharat Ratna on cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, Shiv Sena on Tuesday questioned the work done by the media watchdog under his stewardship.

Amid the row over continued absence of Tendulkar and Rekha from Rajya Sabha, Katju had reportedly said awarding Bharat Ratna to the cricketer and nominating the Bollywood actress to Parliament was a "disgrace to the country".

"Sachin and Rekha did not go to the government asking to be nominated to Rajya Sabha. The President nominated them, honouring sports and arts," an editorial in Sena mouthpiece Saamana said.

us-scared-of-modi-becoming-pm-shiv-sena_070414033800.jpg

Shiv Sena flayed Katju as it questioned the work done by the media watchdog under his stewardship.
"Justice Katju is occupying an important post even after retirement. Even he cannot tell which work of the Council progressed during his tenure," the editorial said.

"(Hockey legend) Major Dhyan Chand should have got the Bharat Ratna. Both Sachin and Major Dhyan Chand could have been given Bharat Ratna at the same time, but the UPA government did not do it. That is the fault of those in power, but what is interesting is that it has caused stomach upset for Katju after so many months," the editorial said.

It said earlier Bharat Ratnas were given to state-level politicians with no special achievement. "We do not wish to name them today. Did not the Bharat Ratna get insulted then. So how come Sachin getting it became disgrace for India?" it said.

"What has been the contribution of Tendulkar and Rekha in the Rajya Sabha ? it is a big zero. Then why were they made MPs?," Katju had reportedly said in a recent Twitter post.

"Awarding Bharat Ratna to Tendulkar and making Rekha MP was a disgrace to our country. Bharat Ratna shud have been awarded to Subramania," he had said.

Sena hits out at Katju for saying awarding Bharat Ratna to Tendulkar a disgrace to country - IBNLive

Sorry I misread..I am also against it!:-)It would be a disgrace if he is given that honor on the basis of a cricketer & He failed as a MP too..I hate cricket..

Same here,stupid game.
But he has already failed as an mp,,,we have seen enough

Same here,stupid game.
But he has already failed as an mp,,,we have seen enough
The sick thing is he applied for leave after he came under fire from other MPs to save own a$$.. His attendance was just 3 per cent last year & Congress goons supported this a$$hole...:hitwall:

Katju is right. Congress awarded BR to Tendulakar in the hope if getting the favor returned. But selfish as always Tendulkar showed them middle finger

Sachin is a blot on bharat ratan winners

Sachin is a blot on bharat ratan winners

Witch please! Go through the list of Bharat Ratna awardees, and you'll be glad Sachin is among the ones saving it's grace. The Bharat Ratna has been used as a self-laudatory present and as a present for @$$-kissers at times.

Though I am against the tweaking of it's eligibility solely to include Sachin while someone like Dhyan Chand was ignored, he's still a far more worthy awardee than the likes of Jawaharlal Nehru and Rajiv Gandhi.

Witch please! Go through the list of Bharat Ratna awardees, and you'll be glad Sachin is among the ones saving it's grace. The Bharat Ratna has been used as a self-laudatory present and as a present for @$$-kissers at times.

Though I am against the tweaking of it's eligibility solely to include Sachin while someone like Dhyan Chand was ignored, he's still a far more worthy awardee than the likes of Jawaharlal Nehru and Rajiv Gandhi.

Are u stupid??
U are comparing nehru to tendulkar??

Height of bullshit man,,u need to get ur facts right:crazy:

Are u stupid??

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'd never bestow the honour on that man. Never.

Are u stupid??

Actually he is right...............NEHRU should have been given Bharat Nikala rather than Bharat Ratna.

Back
Top Bottom