What's new

Selfdefence of modern fighterjets against missiles

zavis2003

Reaction score
well i just wanna get all of ur opinions under the umbrella of dis thread that....................
(1) how modern fighter jets defend themselves from Missiles.
(2)What type of podes use
(3) what type of Jammers they use?????????

well i just wanna get all of ur opinions under the umbrella of dis thread that....................
(1) how modern fighter jets defend themselves from Missiles.
1.EW
2.Towed Decoys
3.Chaff/Flare Dispensers

(2)What type of podes use
(3) what type of Jammers they use?????????
Pods are used to Jam in most cases. The types of pods depend on their country of Origin.

Invisible Flares

Starting from almost 2000, we have some new breakthroughs in the field of decoy flares.

The traditional pyrotechnic flares were very bright and smoky and attracted the attention towards launching aircraft, which is not a good thing. They are also not effective against dual-band seekers of missiles.

Now the pyrophoric flares are available which can be called "invisible flares" because they are virtually invisible to the human eye.

Example: Special Material Decoys (SMDs) like MJU-49 of Alloy Surfaces, Pennsylvania.

:

Last edited:
Kinetic Flares

Also the manner or way in which flares are ejected is very important.

Russian method of upward ejection of flares has been judged as superior to most western methods of flare ejection. Some new flares are also ejected in forward direction.

I think this is because the flare should not create a big difference in speeds, if it quickly decelarates, its not going to mimick the aircraft. So now even there is talk of "thrusted flares".

Example of thrusted flares : BAE Systems MJU-47 ASTE. ASTE stands for Advanced Strategic-Tactical Expendable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom