What's new

Selex ES radar & other technology on JF-17?

dear, this is a bad thing to disclose the internal things here at public forum.

If my memory is right than i think i have heard here at PDF that a design for Medium-weight jet is ready from years, and PAC is only waiting for money to start the project.
@The Eagle @HRK @ACE OF THE AIR

First of all sir plz edit comment and remove my quote as i also deleted my comment which is not suitable to share...secondly model is ready on paper but the problem is funds as always

Well this is just my opinion, and I'm sure PAF has a very valid reason for it, but MAYBE it would have been better to go for the J10 right from day one, instead of JF17.

@Oscar @MastanKhan What would you say?

Hi,

It was the Israel moment for pakistan---who put their Lavi in a shed---and moved ahead with the F 16.

JF17 after that time---tactically---became an utter blunder in comparison---. It was just to satisfy the ego---. Otherwise---a higher tier aircraft would have been an automatic choice.

Last edited:
110514023898e48729ab729edc_jpg_thumb.jpg

JF-17_142.jpg

Only haters will say this a blunder...
JFT is a potent aircraft...Neither copied nor a a blunder.
Suits the current requirements of PAF.
BLOCk-3 will be AESA VIXEN HMD.. It will be more matured.
GROW UP DUDES.

If my memory is right than i think i have heard here at PDF that a design for Medium-weight jet is ready from years, and PAC is only waiting for money to start the project.

Ideas are always kept in files incase if needed, could be brought to daylight but only one thing that we may expect as per current statements and ACM words, the next fighter is to be called NGF so if your are hinting towards something then I guess it could be Medium Weight NGF.

Ideas are always kept in files incase if needed, could be brought to daylight but only one thing that we may expect as per current statements and ACM words, the next fighter is to be called NGF so if your are hinting towards something then I guess it could be Medium Weight NGF.
might be, and this can lead PAC/PAF to the utilize what ACM said about Beyong 5th gen.

Hi,

It was the Israel moment for pakistan---who put their Lavi in a shed---and moved ahead with the J10.

JF17 after that time---tactically---became an utter blunder in comparison---. It was just to satisfy the ego---. Otherwise---a higher tier aircraft would have been an automatic choice.
Half a billion $ in research, the chance to start your own aviation industry, the chance to modify, induct new technologies from multiple vendors and test a plane. The chance to include weaponry from diverse providers and last but not the least a fighter you can call your own. These are very weighty arguments for JFT. Against that buy a fighter with lesser loitering time more engine problems and technologically complex therefore difficult to modify. No chance of induction of avionics from multiple providers and forever dependant on China for supplies and weapons. I think I would go for JFT any day. There is a case for inducting J10 and perhaps a lot sooner but if it were "either / or" scenario I would go for JFT any time any where.
A

Jf17 is for numbers i.e. Quantity is the strength,. Just churn it up
Got more threats , make more ...

As for quality , go for 5 th generation. Don't look at the cost., get the advanced possible.

One cannot look for everything in 1 type aircraft ..

Jf17 is for numbers i.e. Quantity is the strength,. Just churn it up
Got more threats , make more ...

As for quality , go for 5 th generation. Don't look at the cost., get the advanced possible.

One cannot look for everything in 1 type aircraft ..
It has proved its capability in ZarbeAzb.

Look at yourself before talking or trlling others.
Where is your tejas. Old BABA . 30 years old .. Still in pieces at HAL.

Hi,

It was the Israel moment for pakistan---who put their Lavi in a shed---and moved ahead with the J10.

Half a billion $ in research, the chance to start your own aviation industry, the chance to modify, induct new technologies from multiple vendors and test a plane. The chance to include weaponry from diverse providers and last but not the least a fighter you can call your own. These are very weighty arguments for JFT. Against that buy a fighter with lesser loitering time more engine problems and technologically complex therefore difficult to modify. No chance of induction of avionics from multiple providers and forever dependant on China for supplies and weapons. I think I would go for JFT any day. There is a case for inducting J10 and perhaps a lot sooner but if it were "either / or" scenario I would go for JFT any time any where.
A

Both of you respectable Gentlemen have put very valid points forward. I appreciate both your inputs.

Buying off the shelf has it's merit, but is a short term solution, leaving you vulnerable to sanctions. I am of the opinion that PAF took the right decision with the JF17.

Developing your own industrial base is the best way to go. JF17 has it's issues, but they are being ironed out as we speak.

Once it's mature, developing a medium to heavy fighter, or maintaining one, will not be an issue. There is a very valid reason why the avionics in Israeli F16's are domestically made, not because they are superior to American ones, but to prevent sanctions, or delays in deliveries. The flexibility, and independence provided by JF17 is hard to deny. A good step in the right direction.

The other positive point is that the technological edge PAC/PAF will eventually get, will enable PAF to get the latest cutting edge technology or aircraft. Turkey is a very good example, they started with simple assembly, moving to manufacturing of some parts, and then to developing their own AESA radar. Now for the TFX, they can induct the latest tech, independently or jointly as per their choosing.

Last edited:
It has proved its capability in ZarbeAzb.

Look at yourself before talking or trlling others.
Where is your tejas. Old BABA . 30 years old .. Still in pieces at HAL.

May I ask why thunder didn't plan Aesa, Hobs, Hmds, irst in the block 1 ?
i am sure you could have got it from various sources..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom