What's new

Secularism is now a National Security Threat

Do you agree that Indian Media and their associated Marxist backers are now a Security threat?

• Yes, I can see reality without ideological Bias and numbers don't lie.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Maybe, But I am afraid to admit to myself the truth because of low self esteem.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No, I am from/originate from Kerala/Bengal and will use secular logic.

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry, the insecure kinda online warriors wont be of much threat to nation or its nationalities as long as they stay indoors and keep typing on keyboard.

Mate, spreading of these kind of nonsense through internet has its own advantage for this people.. There are many who read this and believe anything that is on the net. We cannot shove it under the carpet and say everything is fine.

Brother, There is one personal incident which I will tell you. There was one my cousin's brother in law who was in love with a Muslim girl in Azamgarh UP. He was studying in DU. Big group of people came to Delhi and murdered him in broad day light. When we approached athorities in central as well as state machinery, we were told straight that arresting them will lead to communal tension in district and neighboring areas. Second incident was when my jija ji was murdered with a small kid by none other than a pious Muslim Mukhtar Ansari and state machinery said if they act there will be communal violence. To hell with this secularism where we can't live in peace. It is all ok when you follow their version of Islam only. Otherwise you become communal yourself. That's why when people started saying UP and especially Purvanchal and western north Up is terror factory, I was on the forefront in supporting them. I don't know whether you or your any of relatives have gone through like this yet. Then only you will come to know their version of secularism. Thank you.
:eek::eek::(:(

Mate, spreading of these kind of nonsense through internet has its own advantage for this people.. There are many who read this and believe anything that is on the net. We cannot shove it under the carpet and say everything is fine.

The reading people can clearly see whats going on. A bunch of crappy heads dont dictate how others should live and behave or whats good for country on what the basis of what they believe.

The article is infact an eye opener. Clearly it states and is proved that the issues of our internal security are in danger due to works of Islamic terrorists and the naxals from the red corridor, ....a large portion of media unnecessarily focused and made up writings based on fantasy or very minute incidents and invented a new group called Hindutva/ saffron terrorists...

There was no organised crime/violence based Hindu organisations but the medias 'invented" them, nurtured them... and the ones you see on this forum are by-products of their creation which is what a very recent phenomenon.

The reading people can clearly see whats going on. A bunch of crappy heads dont dictate how others should live and behave or whats good for country on what the basis of what they believe.

The article is infact an eye opener. Clearly it states and is proved that the issues of our internal security are in danger due to works of Islamic terrorists and the naxals from the red corridor, ....a large portion of media unnecessarily focused and made up writings based on fantasy or very minute incidents and invented a new group called Hindutva/ saffron terrorists...

There was no organised crime/violence based Hindu organisations but the medias 'invented" them, nurtured them... and the ones you see on this forum are by-products of their creation which is what a very recent phenomenon.
You are the first person to have understood the premise of the article.
deserving of TTA

This thread (and the associated poll) is idiotic and puerile, it shows an astounding ignorance of theology and politics.

Protestant Christianity, originally a movement for reform within the church, is now much more ideologically rigid than the Catholic Church. In fact, Catholicism (and Anglican protestantism, which is theologically Catholic) is possibly the most reformed religion in the world. Well before the current Pope took over, the Catholic church has been making move to reconcile Catholic dogma with modernity (including accepting that creationism was scientifically invalid before this Pope said so). Given the Catholic church's spotty past, I'm sure many on this thread (if they were alive at the time) would have argued that Catholic theology is intrinsically problematic and incompatible with modern society. Protestantism, supposedly theologically modern, has remained stolidly stuck in the past- particularly, Protestantism of the american, evangelical variety.

As a Hindu, who follows a religion that has no element of history centrism and which allows, essentially, an infinite spectrum of beliefs, I have witnessed an increasing narrowing of what it means to be Hindu and the imposition of a definition of a 'true' Hindu identity by a few groups. If these thought processes take hold, will it mean that the problem is Hinduism?

The problem in the Islamic world is not Islam. It is a series of political failures. One can easily imagine Muslims following a modern, progressive version of Islam based on the theologically sanctioned power of interpretation that they are allowed. Extremism emerged in the Islamic world not only as a consequence of ultra conservative Islamic regimes but also as a consequence of secular dictators who crushed the opposition and left no room for moderate conservatism (the Baathist dictators are the most obvious example). Once there is no room for moderate conservatism, it is only the most zealous, most extreme elements that have the motivation to survive.

The question we have to ask ourselves is, why have the people of the Islamic world failed to organise themselves politically in a manner that allows for free societies, where the entire spectrum of moderate views (liberal and conservative) simultaneously find political representation. All social structures and institutions, from tribal allegiances, class hierarchies, gender relations etc. need to be examined.

Imagine if the political class in India had failed to overturn the 1975 emergency. Imagine a Indira Gandhi led dictatorship that left no room for the moderate right. I'm pretty certain that sections of the right, deprived of fair representation, would have tried to exploit a rigid interpretation of Hinduism in a desperate attempt to reclaim political ground. It is not the great pacifist, moderate religion, Hinduism that saved us but our ability to take corrective political action.

This thread (and the associated poll) is idiotic and puerile, it shows an astounding ignorance of theology and politics.

Protestant Christianity, originally a movement for reform within the church, is now much more ideologically rigid than the Catholic Church. In fact, Catholicism (and Anglican protestantism, which is theologically Catholic) is possibly the most reformed religion in the world. Well before the current Pope took over, the Catholic church has been making move to reconcile Catholic dogma with modernity (including accepting that creationism was scientifically invalid before this Pope said so). Given the Catholic church's spotty past, I'm sure many on this thread (if they were alive at the time) would have argued that Catholic theology is intrinsically problematic and incompatible with modern society. Protestantism, supposedly theologically modern, has remained stolidly stuck in the past- particularly, Protestantism of the american, evangelical variety.

As a Hindu, who follows a religion that has no element of history centrism and which allows, essentially, an infinite spectrum of beliefs, I have witnessed an increasing narrowing of what it means to be Hindu and the imposition of a definition of a 'true' Hindu identity by a few groups. If these thought processes take hold, will it mean that the problem is Hinduism?

The problem in the Islamic world is not Islam. It is a series of political failures. One can easily imagine Muslims following a modern, progressive version of Islam based on the theologically sanctioned power of interpretation that they are allowed. Extremism emerged in the Islamic world not only as a consequence of ultra conservative Islamic regimes but also as a consequence of secular dictators who crushed the opposition and left no room for moderate conservatism (the Baathist dictators are the most obvious example). Once there is no room for moderate conservatism, it is only the most zealous, most extreme elements that have the motivation to survive.

The question we have to ask ourselves is, why have the people of the Islamic world failed to organise themselves politically in a manner that allows for free societies, where the entire spectrum of moderate views (liberal and conservative) simultaneously find political representation. All social structures and institutions, from tribal allegiances, class hierarchies, gender relations etc. need to be examined.

Imagine if the political class in India had failed to overturn the 1975 emergency. Imagine a Indira Gandhi led dictatorship that left no room for the moderate right. I'm pretty certain that sections of the right, deprived of fair representation, would have tried to exploit a rigid interpretation of Hinduism in a desperate attempt to reclaim political ground. It is not the great pacifist, moderate religion, Hinduism that saved us but our ability to take corrective political action.
ISIS uses the same logic ( inequality with shias in Iraqi democracy ) to legitimize itself.
This is how Syria civil war started.
And you are making excuses for them :o
Stop blaming hindus for everything....they have suffered and died enough.

Just look at the voting mate and then comment.. Its just not one person.. There is a deliberate attempt here to brand every one as secular and anti nationals who do not tow in the line of Hindutva teams. I am not being apologetical.. Just look at the neighbours.. First it was the talking and spreading hatred against other communities.. Then they will resort to action.. By the time people realise something is wrong, shit had already hit the roof..
You think this friggin' vote matters a nickel? Besides, the RSS has more than 10 million members and followers. If there was an intention to 'resort to action', we could have done it long ago. Relax and have faith. If OTOT you wish to impose one OP's view on all of us, I am sorry, in that case can't do anything about that. :(

You are the first person to have understood the premise of the article.
deserving of TTA
And by concocting the title you made it much more difficult for him to explain. But explain rightly he did in the end. :)

Last edited:
Then you should catch the first flight to Vatican :rolleyes:
Vatican does not have flights. :disagree: One needs to take the flight to Rome/Roma first. Besides Indians are famous for saying this - 'Ish desh ka kuch nahi hone wala'. If all starts leaving the country, not sure how many will be left. :lol:

@AugenBlick wtf is this mate "No, I am from/originate from Kerala/Bengal and will use secular logic" :lol:

BTW, those who have voted for this option should go to Pakistan!

Now OP of this thread @AugenBlick
1) Correct the title of this thread.
2) Give better poll options, right now it sounds like tails you loose ,heads I win.

I am cool with the poll options, I am a Bengali from Bengal, and I WILL use my secular logic, as I strongly believe that secularism is the only way forward for India. :)

There is a beautiful thread running about photos before 90s from one of our neighbouring countries, and today members from that country are asking: "What happened to our beautiful country"! Well, secularisn DID NOT happen in their country, and I don't want MY COUNTRY to follow their path and get a similar shock looking back 30 years from now. For that if some of our countrymen think that we are traitors, let them be, in any case we are not looking for a "Certificate of Patriotism" from anybody, we have proven our patriotism whenever and wherever required, maybe more than many others, and will do so again whenever and wherever required, but I refuse to declare 15 crore of 'us' terrorists.

Secularism is not a threat, it is our strength, maybe the OP wanted to write "Secularism, as the political parties practice it in India, is a threat", but I only assume that, since these are finer differences and might be hard to distinguish for many.

However, I believe we all want good for our country, it's just that I don't agree with what some here think is good for our country, and I have both reasons and liberty to think otherwise. :)

ISIS uses the same logic ( inequality with shias in Iraqi democracy ) to legitimize itself.
This is how Syria civil war started.
And you are making excuses for them :o
Stop blaming hindus for everything....they have suffered and died enough.

Where did I blame Hindus? Where did I make excuses for ISIS- I merely stated that the reasons for their emergence are different from what you think they are (none of which excuse their behaviour). Why don't you respond to what I said instead of what is convenient for you to respond to?

I am a Hindu (and a member of the BJP - I'm only stating this because you will see it as some sort of 'credential'), why should this stop me from analysing the problems in the Islamic world beyond a superficial and silly, 'Islam is the problem' approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom