What's new

Secular Pakistan or Islamic state Pakistan?

Don't care as long as:
1: Minorities are treated equally, freedom of religion, can be part of government.
2: Religious laws are practiced by one's own will but aren't forced upon others.
3: Religious places are respected by everyone.
Your concerns about minorities are logical , But Pakistan carries vast majority of greens as it mentioned in our flag, I like to know your views on them, and please do mention the most affected areas(districts\cities) of Pakistan where minorities were mistreated continously.

Your concerns about minorities are logical , But Pakistan carries vast majority of greens as it mentioned in our flag, I like to know your views on them, and please do mention the most affected areas(districts\cities) of Pakistan where minorities were mistreated continously.
Vast majority of green doesn't mean you are the king.
"You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State. As you know, history shows that in England, conditions, some time ago, were much worse than those prevailing in India today. The Roman Catholics and the Protestants persecuted each other. Even now there are some States in existence where there are discriminations made and bars imposed against a particular class. Thank God, we are not starting in those days. We are starting in the days where there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State. The people of England in course of time had to face the realities of the situation and had to discharge the responsibilities and burdens placed upon them by the government of their country and they went through that fire step by step. Today, you might say with justice that Roman Catholics and Protestants do not exist; what exists now is that every man is a citizen, an equal citizen of Great Britain and they are all members of the Nation. Now I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State."
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah's address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan; 11 August 1947.
these are words of the creator of the country, dont like them? afghanistan would suit you better.

Yar give up on this nonsense, they did not have anything to match 21st century back in 7th century to define a universal way of life. This is why societies bent on living by islam tend to take a reverse gear on progress.
He is Talking about basic principles , not saying you use camels for traveling .. The process of evolution could be continued under the principle of Islam. Religion don't put any effect until people are not sick or won't understand the right message of religion..

Vast majority of green doesn't mean you are the king.
"You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State. As you know, history shows that in England, conditions, some time ago, were much worse than those prevailing in India today. The Roman Catholics and the Protestants persecuted each other. Even now there are some States in existence where there are discriminations made and bars imposed against a particular class. Thank God, we are not starting in those days. We are starting in the days where there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State. The people of England in course of time had to face the realities of the situation and had to discharge the responsibilities and burdens placed upon them by the government of their country and they went through that fire step by step. Today, you might say with justice that Roman Catholics and Protestants do not exist; what exists now is that every man is a citizen, an equal citizen of Great Britain and they are all members of the Nation. Now I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State."
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah's address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan; 11 August 1947.
these are words of the creater of the country, dont like them? afghanistan would suit you better.

:P Bhai, Mey Dil tu Pakistan ku dey chuka , Martay dum tak esi ka rahu ga.
I just want your views on majority , I never said that it makes us king or watever .. but role of that green in our society thats do matters but are we in that suitable position so we can even claim that Pakistan is Islamic state... Cuz today on official decisions and methods we follow republic way where the decision makers are lords and waderas..

Don't care as long as:
1: Minorities are treated equally, freedom of religion, can be part of government.
2: Religious laws are practiced by one's own will but aren't forced upon others.
3: Religious places are respected by everyone.
Will u accept a non Muslim as your leader?
Will you abolish separate electorates for Hindus and Muslims in pak.
Will you agree a law govt will stay out of naming ahmadiya as Muslim or non Muslim

Pakistan ans india is just brown people. So the green colour on your flag shouldn't matter.

First of people need to understand Islam & the teaching of Islam by our Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H).

People or different sects in Pakistan have made changes to Islam according to their own comfort (This problem is all over the world), until & only we don't understand the true meaning of Islam the way it was thought by our Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H) it is useless to argue.

In my opinion Pakistan should be an Islamic Country not a secular country.

Will u accept a non Muslim as your leader?
As long as he/she is patriotic and works for the people of Pakistan and only for Pakistan, yes.
Will you abolish separate electorates for Hindus and Muslims in pak.
I want Pakistan to become a state where you aren't seen through the lens of religion and background, everyone will be a pakistani.
Will you agree a law govt will stay out of naming ahmadiya as Muslim or non Muslim
Government has to stay out when it comes to religion, its none of their business. They are head of a country and should run the government, not a religion.

First of people need to understand Islam & the teaching of Islam by our Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H).

People or different sects in Pakistan have made changes to Islam according to their own comfort (This problem is all over the world), until & only we don't understand the true meaning of Islam the way it was thought by our Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H) it is useless to argue.

In my opinion Pakistan should be an Islamic Country not a secular country.
The problem is that no one understands quern, because in this site itself there are so many interpretation of Islam, so imagine int the world about the situation. It s almost as if Islam has branched out into several versions of itself according to each persons opinion like sunnisim Shia ahamdi sufiism wahabism talibanism version etc. So which ever guys stand last will be the winning version of Islam. So that will be Pakistan. So ideally instead of Islamic republic it should be called Sunni republic of Pakistan, in my humble opiniom

As long as he/she is patriotic and works for the people of Pakistan and only for Pakistan, yes.

I want Pakistan to become a state where you aren't seen through the lens of religion and background, everyone will be a pakistani.

Government has to stay out when it comes to religion, its none of their business. They are head of a country and should run the government, not a religion.
Thanks your a genuine and good man and also a true muslim

Vice versa with muslims, why is it always the others who need to understand islam, why can't pakistani muslims understand other religions and live in peace? Why are we so scared of secularism? is it the insecurities? i would really like to know.

Vice versa with muslims, why is it always the others that need to understand islam, why can't pakistani muslims understand other religions and live in peace? Why are we so scared of secularism? is it the insecurities? i would really like to know.

I believe it happened during British times. Before that Hindus and Muslims were living in peace

We can't have Islamic Pakistan because of vast numbers of people with different beliefs

I.e. Sunnis
2. Shia
3. Deobandis/Wahabbi who are extremists by nature influenced from Saudi
4. Other minority Muslim sects
5. Christian/Hindus/Parsis/others

Pakistan as a state should be free from religion
If thats called Secular then so be it. Quaid e Azam said Religion has nothing to do with business of state.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom