What's new

Secular Kerala in Action

When a man who makes 6500 per month (pm average based on GDP) spends money on Alcohol and become an Alcoholic how much money does he gives his family ? :angel:

.....you made a good point about Bihar and UP .....they are doing worse but are not alcoholic nor do they kill themselves with such regularity as malayalees who claim to have higher HDI.........maybe you should think why.

Kerala has lopsided development which is anyway not sustainable......hardly a state to emulate. :rolleyes:

Again those self made facts? Post statistics or other forms of proof before I resume discussing with you.

And our high HDI is not just my claim... its a mere fact.

From 2011, already outdated:

"India Human Development Report, 2011, prepared by Institute of Applied Manpower Research, placed Kerala on top of the index for achieving highest literacy rate, quality health services and consumption expenditure of people."

http://www.firstpost.com/india/hdi-in-india-rises-by-21-kerala-leads-gujarat-far-behind-114044.html

I agree it is not void in all circumstances but there are some circumstances that the marriage is void. Quoting from the law

the first point clearly states that the marriage is void if the child is taken out of keeping of legal gaurdian, which means the parents. So if the girl is not living with her parents such a marriage is Void under the law.

In 99.99% cases the girl leaves her family home to live with her "husband". this itself makes the marriage void.

Thank you for bringing that to my notice ....... the law appears to have been made for states where child marriage takes place but after marriage the girl continues to live at her parents house, the marriage is consumed ONLY when the kids reach legal age.

The Kerala circular overlooks this VERY VITAL aspect.

Again those self made facts? Post statistics or other forms of proof before I resume discussing with you.

And our high HDI is not just my claim... its a mere fact.

From 2011, already outdated:

"India Human Development Report, 2011, prepared by Institute of Applied Manpower Research, placed Kerala on top of the index for achieving highest literacy rate, quality health services and consumption expenditure of people."

http://www.firstpost.com/india/hdi-in-india-rises-by-21-kerala-leads-gujarat-far-behind-114044.html

:lol: ..... divide the per capita income you have shown by 12 and see what is the amount per month...........my point was about your foolish claim of kerala being a better place to live due to its HDI whereas the reality is, its not.

Thank you for bringing that to my notice ....... the law appears to have been made for states where child marriage takes place but after marriage the girl continues to live at her parents house, the marriage is consumed ONLY when the kids reach legal age.

The Kerala circular overlooks this VERY VITAL aspect.

:lol: ..... divide the per capita income you have shown by 12 and see what is the amount per month...........my point was about your foolish claim of kerala being a better place to live due to its HDI whereas the reality is, its not.

still your self made claims???

Come up with stats and proof, otherwise keep talking to yourself... and yes, Kerala is the best place to live on the entire sub continent.

I agree it is not void in all circumstances but there are some circumstances that the marriage is void. Quoting from the law

the first point clearly states that the marriage is void if the child is taken out of keeping of legal gaurdian, which means the parents. So if the girl is not living with her parents such a marriage is Void under the law.

In 99.99% cases the girl leaves her family home to live with her "husband". this itself makes the marriage void.

child marriage stay valid only if the girls states that it is with her consent.any forceful marriage would be void obviously.

when the girls says it marriage is with her consent then the court will apply it's wisdom to decide the custody of her until she reach adulthood.

All this situation could have been avoided if we make it mandatory to register the couples age to get married, so that way nobody can get married unless they turn adult.

child marriage stay valid only if the girls states that it is with her consent.any forceful marriage would be void obviously.

when the girls says it marriage is with her consent then the court will apply it's wisdom to decide the custody of her until she reach adulthood.

All this situation could have been avoided if we make it mandatory to register the couples age to get married, so that way nobody can get married unless they turn adult.

Child marriages in North India is only symbolic and the actual relationships statars after Gauna which is when the girl goes to the husbands house. Gauna happens only when the girl becomes of legal age.

Same is NOT true for kerala muslim marriages. There the minor has to go to husbands house after marriage. By law you mentioned this makes the marriage void as the child is (a) is taken or enticed out of the keeping of the lawful guardian

If the marriage is void how can it be registered ? .....by forcible registering it the marriage is legally made 'Not Void'.

Child marriages in North India is only symbolic and the actual relationships statars after Gauna which is when the girl goes to the husbands house. Gauna happens only when the girl becomes of legal age.

Same is NOT true for kerala muslim marriages. There the minor has to go to husbands house after marriage. By law you mentioned this makes the marriage void as the child is (a) is taken or enticed out of the keeping of the lawful guardian

If the marriage is void how can it be registered ? .....by forcible registering it the marriage is legally made 'Not Void'.

:rofl:did you just say 'symbolic child marriage'?

You did not read the wordings of the law

Marriage of a minor child to be void in certain circumstances.—Where a child, being a minor—
(a) is taken or enticed out of the keeping of the lawful guardian

Under Indian Law the legal guardian of a minor child is her parents. A Minor cannot give consent to make a marriage un voidable.

What you are saying about forced marriages is covered under section (b) and (c)

(b) by force compelled, or by any deceitful means induced to go from any place; or
(c) is sold for the purpose of marriage; and made to go through a form of marriage or if the minor is married after which the minor is sold or trafficked or used for immoral purposes,
such marriage shall be null and void.

The court cannot apply its wisdom to go against the law which is passed by the parliament.

And regarding registration of marriage there is already a bill pending to compulsorily register the marriages and guess which community is opposing it?

All Hindu marriages are compulsorily registered under the Hindu marriage act, Other marriages can be registered under the special marriage act

Yeah you are right... I am out... let him believe what he wants to

thats what exactly i said little while ago.........Leave it... I lived in 4 states in last few years and some how......... any way leave it... I am out of it too....

I kind of feeling like Kicking the B@lls of Kunjali kutty and ummachan for letting us go thru this :P

Avane pani ellyathe karnam anelo avan pdf vanna kene. :P

Nice try mate..... You are very close to being a mallu :)

Back
Top Bottom