What's new

Secular Kerala in Action

Oh really,My state TN never saw something called Moplah rebellion,our kings never asked Tipu Sultan to come invade our people.

Yeah,thats why Oomen Chandy talks about Love Jihad and Prof Thomas got his hands chopped off.

I never said helping minority/i said appeasement.

Political murder cannot happen in states with 95% literacy.

Dont get into history, I am not talking about what happened hundreds of years ago during the time of the kingdom.

Political murder or religious ones happen in EVERY country... because there are idiots EVERYWHERE.

It happened in the US, Britain, Germany... you name it.

The point is the frequency and the scale on which it happens.

...and yet it is the Suicide capital of India. 10% of all suicides in India occurs in Kerala ...which is 3 Times (i.e. 300%) the National average.

Statistics please....

Kerala also accounts for 16% of all Alcohol sale in India. Its consumption is 8.3 liters per person as compared to a national average of 5.7 liters. This is a measure of only the 'legal' alcohol sale....if you measure the sale of illegal alcohol like arrak etc ... you get a better picture.

Thats because of our life style... we like to celebrate. Problem with that?

Dont get into history, I am not talking about what happened hundreds of years ago during the time of the kingdom.

Political murder or religious ones happen in EVERY country... because there are idiots EVERYWHERE.

Statistics please....
@Koovie Mate now this is getting it to Kerala vs other states.... and we are moving away from the topic....So better not respond to those posts and derail the thread....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the case... Illegal liquor availability is very less in kerala....almost all the liquor sale is accounted. Liquor is been sold thru government outlets called Bevco... and we mallus stand in Queue to buy liquor and tell you what you If you want to know how disciplined we mallu's are u should see the way we stand in queue in Bevco shops..... Yes we mallus drink a lot.....

That is wrong ....Illegal liquor is Very much available in kerala and is a thriving business. Its an established 'small scale industry' in kerala.

I do agree with you on strikes....

But high wages..... Yes we have high wages when compared to any other state..... But do you know one thing The number of poeple living below poverty line is very low - unskilled workers are paid 400 to 500 rupee a day (which is 8 to 10 dollars a day)... If things goes like this for some more time.... You would be talking about bengali's in the same way you spoken about gulf mallu's

Political murders and political scandals: Yes we have them but how do you come to know about them??? because of our media (not only the digital but print too)... Most of the mallus start their day reading malyala manorama or Mathrubhoomi. Every single issue get reported and debated and discussed..... Is it the case in other places????? I lived in different states i cant see any state has so much awareness on social or political issues. ( Its like the report which said cochin is the dangerous city to live because number of crimes happened - Is it the case????? No because every issue get reported in police station)

Yes You are right about building real estate on cultivable land.... and it is going to be an issue on long run.

You know what is our (mallu's) problem?????? We are very well aware of our rights.... But we tend to forget our duties....

The last time i checked malayalam has 5 news channels on my dth which then were only second to telugu news channels in south which has around 15 news channels;but considering the fact kerala is much smaller state than andhra,those many channels are a proof of how active keralaites are to be aware of political and social conditions.

Alcoholism is not a life style choice :lol: ............its a sign of depression and neglect. So is Suicide.

Everybody likes to celebrate .....not everybody becomes Alcoholics.

That is wrong ....Illegal liquor is Very much available in kerala and is a thriving business. Its an established 'small scale industry' in kerala.

I never said it is not there.... I said it is less........ (when compared)

Alcoholism is not a life style choice :lol: ............its a sign of depression and neglect. So is Suicide.

Everybody likes to celebrate .....not everybody becomes Alcoholics.

Lifestyle choice, look at other western countries.... alcohol consume is high, but no starving people and a functioning health care and education system, same goes for Kerala. Now stop whining.

I do agree with you on strikes....

But high wages..... Yes we have high wages when compared to any other state..... But do you know one thing The number of poeple living below poverty line is very low - unskilled workers are paid 400 to 500 rupee a day (which is 8 to 10 dollars a day)... If things goes like this for some more time.... You would be talking about bengali's in the same way you spoken about gulf mallu's

Political murders and political scandals: Yes we have them but how do you come to know about them??? because of our media (not only the digital but print too)... Most of the mallus start their day reading malyala manorama or Mathrubhoomi. Every single issue get reported and debated and discussed..... Is it the case in other places????? I lived in different states i cant see any state has so much awareness on social or political issues. ( Its like the report which said cochin is the dangerous city to live because number of crimes happened - Is it the case????? No because every issue get reported in police station)

Yes You are right about building real estate on cultivable land.... and it is going to be an issue on long run.

You know what is our (mallu's) problem?????? We are very well aware of our rights.... But we tend to forget our duties....

I love Kerala as much but just saying that the chip on the shoulder is long gone now,thats why Kerala makes headliens for akshaya trithai and per capita alcohol and muthoot finance instead of real indicators of development.

Many years were lost due to communism.

Statistics please....

I am talking about 80 years ago and history is important and those people are still around.

and it is those who are radicalizing muslims in TN also,so we are directly affected cause you are too stupid to realize who lives in your neighbourhood.

I can understand TN having political murders cause the level of politicians and many of the public is too low but i never understood the CPM murders.

dude,you are a kid.

Am sorry for trying to debate with you.

Lifestyle choice, look at other western countries.... alcohol consume is high, but no starving people and a functioning health care and education system, same goes for Kerala. Now stop whining.

Yeah but those countries have money and wealth,the whole world ll save their *** and nobody ll save yours.

it is so simple,dont compare yourself with them.

:lol: Western countries are in VERY COLD regions where alcohol helps warm you up and without it there is a danger of freezing to death. Their culture took up alcohol to survive.

Kerala is a VERY HOT state where people turn to alcohol to escape from reality.

Western country has a per capita income of > than 32,000 $ which is Rs. 19,00,000
Kerala has per capita income of $ 1288 which is ~ Rs. 75,000 :lol: .........................much of which is spent on Alcohol.

.....now stop playing the fool.

Yeah but those countries have money and wealth,the whole world ll save their *** and nobody ll save yours.

it is so simple,dont compare yourself with them.

Please.... of course we are not on the same level, but at least we are closer to them than any other state.

Just check the HDI and see for yourself.

:lol: Western countries are in VERY COLD regions where alcohol helps warm you up and without it there is a danger of freezing to death. Their culture took up alcohol to survive.

That must be a joke, right?

what HDI dude?

you are not getting the point,look at your credit rating.

Will someone lend you money based on HDI?

Kerala is a VERY HOT state where people turn to alcohol to escape from reality.

Western country has a per capita income of > than 32,000 $ which is Rs. 19,00,000
Kerala has per capita income of $ 1288 which is ~ Rs. 75,000 :lol: .........................much of which is spent on Alcohol.

.....now stop playing the fool.

1.) Keralas PCI was over 83,000 INR in 2012, among the highest in India

2.) To escape from which reality???? From a high level HDI of 0.79 ???? By you logic people in Bihar and Chattisghar must have been the worlds best drinkers.

3.) "much of which is spent on Alcohol." - do I have to wait for sources/proof or can I assume that you just made that up? :rollyeyes:

Stop being butt hurt.

Maybe we are not fully developed, but we are far closer to being a developed state than ANY OTHER REGION in south Asia.

Our literacy rate, life expectancy, education and health care system, income etc etc etc all speak for themselves. Check them and swallow it.

And you? All you can do is to cry and come with self made facts and your personal hate for alcohol.

are you bloody blind or brain dead ??? I have quoted the law for you, it's not my opinion.. you saying child marriage is not " valid " doesn't make it " void ". it's Indian law for you.

I agree it is not void in all circumstances but there are some circumstances that the marriage is void. Quoting from the law

Marriage of a minor child to be void in certain circumstances.—Where a child, being a minor—
(a) is taken or enticed out of the keeping of the lawful guardian; or
(b) by force compelled, or by any deceitful means induced to go from any place; or
(c) is sold for the purpose of marriage; and made to go through a form of marriage or if the minor is married after which the minor is sold or trafficked or used for immoral purposes,
such marriage shall be null and void.

the first point clearly states that the marriage is void if the child is taken out of keeping of legal gaurdian, which means the parents. So if the girl is not living with her parents such a marriage is Void under the law.

In 99.99% cases the girl leaves her family home to live with her "husband". this itself makes the marriage void.

1.) Keralas PCI was over 83,000 INR in 2012, among the highest in India

2.) To escape from which reality???? From a high level HDI of 0.79 ???? By you logic people in Bihar and Chattisghar must have been the worlds best drinkers.

3.) "much of which is spent on Alcohol." - do I have to wait for sources/proof or can I assume that you just made that up? :rollyeyes:

Stop being butt hurt.

Maybe we are not fully developed, but we are far closer to being a developed state than ANY OTHER REGION in south Asia.

Our literacy rate, life expectancy, education and health care system, income etc etc etc all speak for themselves. Check them and swallow it.

And you? All you can do is to cry and come with self made facts and your personal hate for alcohol.

When a man who makes 6500 per month (pm average based on GDP) spends money on Alcohol and become an Alcoholic how much money does he gives his family ? :angel:

.....you made a good point about Bihar and UP .....they are doing worse but are not alcoholic nor do they kill themselves with such regularity as malayalees who claim to have higher HDI.........maybe you should think why.

Kerala has lopsided development which is anyway not sustainable......hardly a state to emulate. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom