What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

The vertical tail does NOT house fuel. This is an absurd claim with no basis whatsoever.
Vertical tail does not house fuel? Seriously I'm fed up of people spreading rumours that these green areas indicate composites. And about your claim, do check the F-35's vertical tail as it houses fuel.

You are right, those green are composite panels, made of resin and fibers.
They indicate fuel for god's sake.

Vertical tail does not house fuel? Seriously I'm fed up of people spreading rumours that these green areas indicate composites. And about your claim, do check the F-35's vertical tail as it houses fuel.

Sir, will PAC start undertaking B variant production this year ?

They're hinges. There's no question about it.

If you look carefully, you can see the groove of the first hinge joining the canopy. Three hinges for front, two hinges for back. Mig 21 twins had similar exposed, but two-two because of equal length.

My comment was strictly regarding the JF-17 B. And I have nowhere stated that the green areas represent composites. I'll try to explain again: given the official pictures shared on the forum, the vertical stabilizer of JF-17B simply doesn't have any volume in it to be able to house fuel.

As I have said elsewhere, the green and yellow are simply Zinc Chromate primer used as an anti-corrosive coating.

As far as the F-35 is concerned, kindly provide a valid reference to your claim that "F-35's vertical tail... houses fuel".

Who are you Sir?

lithium aluminun alloy, high intensitive but low density.

Yes.. it may be aluminium alloy instead of alloy resin composite.
Purpose and applications of both is same i.e. high strength to weight ratio.
While resins can be molded to complex forms.
When i saw the edges of air intake guide, i trusted it to be alloy resign composite.

Last edited:
My comment was strictly regarding the JF-17 B. And I have nowhere stated that the green areas represent composites. I'll try to explain again: given the official pictures shared on the forum, the vertical stabilizer of JF-17B simply doesn't have any volume in it to be able to house fuel.

As I have said elsewhere, the green and yellow are simply Zinc Chromate primer used as an anti-corrosive coating.

As far as the F-35 is concerned, kindly provide a valid reference to your claim that "F-35's vertical tail... houses fuel".
Sir I'm neutral here but I believe mr galium nitride works in kamra
Kudos

View attachment 479637 look at the "hinge", why it stick out if you look carefully?

Are you sure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as such surfaces will interfere with the airflow

They're hinges. There's no question about it.

If you look carefully, you can see the groove of the first hinge joining the canopy. Three hinges for front, two hinges for back. Mig 21 twins had similar exposed, but two-two because of equal length.

Those are not hinges,
Those are VG, for Vortex Generators.

And their presence means, that very very exciting work is being done on the JF.
Most probably, they are now optimizing the LERX.
vortexgenerators1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Those are not hinges,

vortexgenerators1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
Those are not hinges,

vortexgenerators1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
very valuable post! thans so much sir, but why it only has VG at the right side of the canopy?

Those are not hinges,

vortexgenerators1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
What is you talking about VORTEX GENERATOR ON THE SIDE OF THE COCKPIT @Sinnerman108 :crazy::crazy::crazy: THEY CAN'T PRODUCE A LIFT AT THIS POSITION THERE MAIN JOB IS TO PROVIDE TURBULENT AIRFLOW FOR MANUVERABILITY/LIFT, SO THESE ARE DEFINITELY HINGS NOT A VG (VORTEX GENERATOR) @Sinnerman108 :disagree:

very valuable post! thans so much sir, but why it only has VG at the right side of the canopy?

I can only speculate based on what is presented , I do not have 100% information.
They could just be antennas too btw.

What is you talking about VORTEX GENERATOR ON THE SIDE OF THE COCKPIT @Sinnerman108 :crazy::crazy::crazy: THEY CAN'T PRODUCE A LIFT AT THIS POSITION THERE MAIN JOB IS TO PROVIDE TURBULENT AIRFLOW FOR MANUVERABILITY/LIFT, SO THESE ARE DEFINITELY HINGS NOT A VG (VORTEX GENERATOR) @Sinnerman108 :disagree:

Where are those VGs with respect to the LERX ?

See below, you can see just one of them.

659bb0e7gy1fs5robr4tmj219o0rywud-jpg.479448

vortex generator are always put on the leading edge wings not on the side of the cockpit @Sinnerman108 :crazy::hitwall::crazy::hitwall:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_generator @Sinnerman108

Why do you think they are placed there ?
What do the vortexes do ?

BTW, i said I maybe wrong, I am just trying to piece the evidence presented to me.

why does it have to be a matter of survival for you as I have seen more than once.

Why do you think they are placed there ?
What do the vortexes do ?

BTW, i said I maybe wrong, I am just trying to piece the evidence presented to me.

why does it have to be a matter of survival for you as I have seen more than once.
they are on the side of the cockpit not on LERX in the above pics @Sinnerman108
TO PROVIDE TURBULENT AIRFLOW OVER THE WINGS TTO INCREASE JET MANUVERABILITY/ LIFT @Sinnerman108 :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom