What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

Why don't you believe the right things, if they are not cockpit hinges what they are ???o_Oo_Oo_O @snow lake , If you assuming it is VG (VORTEX GENERATORS), VG usually put on a leading edge of wings not on the side of the cockpit @snow lake :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:
I didn't say they are vortex generators...look back and quote me. Another guy did and you are assuming. I just disagreed that vortex generators are for extra lift which you stated.
Why would a hinge be approx 1 foot from the canopy?

Definite. Delays boundry layer seperation through mitigating adverse pressure gradient. FC1 like other modern jets is affected by post shock-wave stall which should be more pronounced in type B @Sinnerman108 .
Vortex generators are located on wings usually and their job is to keep the boundary flow from seperating as long as possible. Those are hinges for the canopy not VG

I didn't say they are vortex generators...look back and quote me. Another guy did and you are assuming. I just disagreed that vortex generators are for extra lift which you stated.
Why would a hinge be approx 1 foot from the canopy?
i am qouting you this post
snow lake said:
Are you sure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as such surfaces will interfere with the airflow

and look at th pics posted by @khanasifm on post number 106
here it is
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG

these pics clearly shows that these are the hinges and just the side of the cockpit not 1 ft from the cockpit are you blind or something:crazy::crazy::crazy:, if they are not the HINGES, what are these @snow lake o_Oo_O

snow lake said:
Are you sure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as such surfaces will interfere with the airflow

here it is
View attachment 480041 View attachment 480042

these pics clearly shows that these are the hinges and just the side of the cockpit not 1 ft from the cockpit are you blind or something:crazy::crazy::crazy:, if they are not the HINGES, what are these @snow lake o_Oo_O
Now thatyou have highlighted my post where do I say they are vortex generators.......in fact I am questioning what they are. You came to the assumption that I said they are vortex generators.

From the two pictures you posted....no they do NOT show clearly they are hinges....how did you even come to that conclusion. Do you know how a hinge works? That canopy would rotate on the hinge. Why is the hinge (as you state) is so far away from the canopy when looking from right side of the aircraft
Now look again at it
Screenshot_20180613-080959_Gallery.jpg

@pakistanipower
Screenshot_20180613-080815_Chrome.jpg

Now thatyou have highlighted my post where do I say they are vortex generators.......in fact I am questioning what they are. You came to the assumption that I said they are vortex generators.

From the two pictures you posted....no they do NOT show clearly they are hinges....how did you even come to that conclusion. Do you know how a hinge works? That canopy would rotate on the hinge. Why is the hinge (as you state) is so far away from the canopy when looking from right side of the aircraft
Now look again at it View attachment 480050

@pakistanipower
View attachment 480053
i'm not assuming that they are VG but @Sinnerman108 stated that they are VORTEX GENERATOR instead of HINGES @snow lake , may be some kind of support attachments for hinges or some kind of sensors, we are all just guessing @snow lake :angel:

Now look again at it View attachment 480050

@pakistanipower
View attachment 480053
and your picture clearly shows its a SUPPORT ATTACHMENT FOR HINGES @snow lake :agree: YOU CAN SEE THE ONE HING NEXT TO THIS ATTCHMENT @snow lake :victory::agree::agree:

i'm not assuming that they are VG but @Sinnerman108 stated that they are VORTEX GENERATOR instead of HINGES @snow lake , may be some kind of support attachments for hinges or some kind of sensors, we are all just guessing @snow lake :angel:

and your picture clearly shows its a SUPPORT ATTACHMENT FOR HINGES @snow lake :agree: YOU CAN SEE THE ONE HING NEXT TO THIS ATTCHMENT @snow lake :victory::agree::agree:
Ok it's hinges even though I showed you how the hinges are directly attached to that canopy at the L joint but your hing3s are outside the aircraft about a foot below the canopy....Also showed you that on a picture...i don't think you even looked at the two pictures in post 112

What can I say to you. This for you so about winning an argument. For me there isnt even an argument.Enjoy your dancing emoji.

No hinges outside the canopy and foot below. Dance all you want

Ok it's hinges even though I showed you how the hinges are directly attached to that canopy at the L joint but your hing3s are outside the aircraft about a foot below the canopy....Also showed you that on a picture...i don't think you even looked at the two pictures in post 112

What can I say to you. This for you so about winning an argument. Enjoy your dancing emoji
Don't take it personal @snow lake may be it some kind of sensors we are all here to just guessing @snow lake :angel:

Don't take it personal @snow lake may be it some kind of sensors we are all here to just guessing @snow lake :angel:
Bro I am not...

You said those things whatever they are are hinges.
I said how can they be when they are a foot below.
You show picture of hinge attachment. Direct attachment of the fuselage to the canopy with a short L shaped hinge. I say on the picture....it's a direct attachment and show you on the 2nd picture that whatever it's is it can't be hinges and point to the gap of at least a foot.

I don't get why we are still talking about this????or how you are right and I am wrong

Definite. Delays boundry layer seperation through mitigating adverse pressure gradient. FC1 like other modern jets is affected by post shock-wave stall which should be more pronounced in type B @Sinnerman108 .

Thank you,
that seems to be more logical solution.

@razgriz19

Basically I had the following case in my mind, and please correct me @messiach
JF-17-09.jpg

Last edited:
snow lake said:

here it is
View attachment 480041 View attachment 480042

Hinges it is clear as daylight; why are people going off on tangent hypothesising on complexities which are non starters.

Guizhou JL9 hinges:
1131823.jpg

JF17B canopy is more submerged, which gives them a detached look.

Back
Top Bottom