What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

Vertical tail does not house fuel? Seriously I'm fed up of people spreading rumours that these green areas indicate composites. And about your claim, do check the F-35's vertical tail as it houses fuel.

They indicate fuel for god's sake.

This fellow "Critical Thought" keeps making ridiculous statements. I believe he may be a 9 year old who got a hold of his daddy's computer. He kept shouting for pages on end that gambit didn't know his stuff - a USAF technician. His latest claim was that the HMDS of the world doesn't use head-tracking, and now it seems he thinks vertical tails do not hold fuel. The only thing worse than his fanciful posts are the unpleasant personal attacks he posts, and the associated drama.

35058307_192949814691690_1230470201447809024_n.jpg

This fellow "Critical Thought" keeps making ridiculous statements. I believe he may be a 9 year old who got a hold of his daddy's computer. He kept shouting for pages on end that gambit didn't know his stuff - a USAF technician. His latest claim was that the HMDS of the world doesn't use head-tracking, and now it seems he thinks vertical tails do not hold fuel. The only thing worse than his fanciful posts are the unpleasant personal attacks he posts, and the associated drama.

@The Eagle @WebMaster @araz this is going too far. I am making this very clear, I am not going to sit around idle. If action is not taken against this fellow, don't hold me responsible for how I respond.

My comment was strictly regarding the JF-17 B. And I have nowhere stated that the green areas represent composites. I'll try to explain again: given the official pictures shared on the forum, the vertical stabilizer of JF-17B simply doesn't have any volume in it to be able to house fuel.

As I have said elsewhere, the green and yellow are simply Zinc Chromate primer used as an anti-corrosive coating.

As far as the F-35 is concerned, kindly provide a valid reference to your claim that "F-35's vertical tail... houses fuel".
Bloody hell no, you just seem to not listen rather make stories of your own. The yellow and green paint is to signify the areas containing fuel, and for your information, here's the official F-35 structure clearly showing fuel in the vertical fins
images

Sir, will PAC start undertaking B variant production this year ?
PAC's target of this year is production of 12 Surplus Block IIs.
Production of Block III (dual seat) is starting from May 2019...

Are you sure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as such surfaces will interfere with the airflow

They are door hinges... Makes the plane look like a cheap knockoff.

They probably impede airflow and are put in place to open the over sized canopy. They should use a rear mounted hydraulic lift.

Last edited:

They probably impede airflow and are put in place to open the over sized canopy. They should use a rear mounted hydraulic lift.
There's no space for hydraulics.
The hinges will probably be patched in the future. It's not necessary for them to be visible.

Or maybe they won't, since this is primarily a trainer.

Bloody hell no, you just seem to not listen rather make stories of your own. The yellow and green paint is to signify the areas containing fuel, and for your information, here's the official F-35 structure clearly showing fuel in the vertical fins
images

PAC's target of this year is production of 12 Surplus Block IIs.
Production of Block III (dual seat) is starting from May 2019...
Thanks for the reply mr rohail

Come on yaar....

There's no space for hydraulics.
The hinges will probably be patched in the future. It's not necessary for them to be visible.

Or maybe they won't, since this is primarily a trainer.

It still have side way hydraulic which is visible in some pictures it’s. not manual like mirage aircraft canopy

Lastly perhaps 12 plus any additional part of foreign orders such as 3 for Nigeria and any left over from Minmar assuming pac still provides 58 % of its share to Cac for foreign order and final testing for foreign ord r is being taken care at China [emoji630]

Last edited:
Those are not hinges,
Those are VG, for Vortex Generators.

And their presence means, that very very exciting work is being done on the JF.
Most probably, they are now optimizing the LERX.
vortexgenerators1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg
Vortex generators are located on wings usually and their job is to keep the boundary flow from seperating as long as possible. Those are hinges for the canopy not VG

Back
Top Bottom