What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

For all those making guesses whether the green indicated areas are fuel or composite. This definitely is "fuel" which I have confirmed and these green sections can also be seen on JF-17A prototypes except for the vertical tail and front fuselage because JF-17B has recovered the fuel compromised by the addition of second seat by addition of fuel to vertical tail and frontal inlet/strake. Yes there is use of composite in JF-17B, the whole vertical tail and dorsal spine consists of composite material but it is not as that highlighted in green.

And ofcourse for the absurd claims, no this PT-02 is exactly the same as PT-01, idk why these guys are claiming it to be different

And ofcourse for the absurd claims, no this PT-02 is exactly the same as PT-01, idk why these guys are claiming it to be different
I do concur it appears to be the same on the surface. We wont know the details of differences within the prototypes - they are afterall beta tests

For all those making guesses whether the green indicated areas are fuel or composite. This definitely is "fuel" which I have confirmed and these green sections can also be seen on JF-17A prototypes except for the vertical tail and front fuselage because JF-17B has recovered the fuel compromised by the addition of second seat by addition of fuel to vertical tail and frontal inlet/strake. Yes there is use of composite in JF-17B, the whole vertical tail and dorsal spine consists of composite material but it is not as that highlighted in green.

The vertical tail does NOT house fuel. This is an absurd claim with no basis whatsoever.

maybe they just ignore it, later batch will fix it.

these are just prototypes.

Hmm.. why have that designed and implemented in the first place? Only so that it can be "fixed later". Dont get the logic on that. Things that "need to be fixed" should be design issues that only surface in the testing phase.

The tail fin is also green and I don't think any would place fuel cell in tail fin? correct me if I am wrong but I don't think so.

You are right, those green are composite panels, made of resin and fibers.

Very nice finally the JF-17B is coming to life !!

http://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17A-Thunder,-JF-17B-Thunder/1088

Photo-1088.jpg

View attachment 479637 look at the "hinge", why it stick out if you look carefully?
Are you sure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as such surfaces will interfere with the airflow

Last edited:
Are yiubsure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as suck surfaces will interfere with the airflow
maybe sensors?

Back
Top Bottom