What's new

SEATO or equivalent - demand for a self-defense group in Southeast Asia!!!

BoQ77

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
In order to counter weight to an aggressive China.
It's time to think about recreate a military group for self-defense of Southeast Asia.
Who like would come to join, who doesn't like ... no need to come.

I guess below country would interest in :
USA
France
Japan
Australia
New Zealand
Phillipines
Vietnam
Indonesia
Malaysia
Singapore
Thailand ....

Something like this

The South East Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) was an international organization for collective defense in Southeast Asia created by the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty, or Manila Pact, signed in September 1954 in Manila, Philippines. The formal institution of SEATO was established on 19 February 1955 at a meeting of treaty partners in Bangkok, Thailand.[1] The organization's headquarters were also in Bangkok. Eight members joined the organization.

Membership
8 states
  • 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
    Australia
  • 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
    New Zealand
  • 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
    Pakistan (including East Pakistan, now Bangladesh)
  • 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines_%28navy_blue%29.svg.png
    Philippines
  • 23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
    Thailand
  • 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
    France
  • 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
    United Kingdom
  • 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
    United States

In order to counter weight to an aggressive China.
It's time to think about recreate a military group for self-defense of Southeast Asia.
Who like would come to join, who doesn't like ... no need to come.

I guess below country would interest in :
USA
France
Japan
Australia
New Zealand
Phillipines
Vietnam
Indonesia
Malaysia
Singapore
Thailand ....

Something like this

The South East Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) was an international organization for collective defense in Southeast Asia created by the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty, or Manila Pact, signed in September 1954 in Manila, Philippines. The formal institution of SEATO was established on 19 February 1955 at a meeting of treaty partners in Bangkok, Thailand.[1] The organization's headquarters were also in Bangkok. Eight members joined the organization.

Membership
8 states
Thats not the good idea, the VN Govt. must give the power to the people first and our people will know what is the best thing for the country.

No one will come to help the corrupted Govt. bcz its just a waste of time.

Turkey just decide to get 100 F35 next 4 years. Great. they have many nuclear B61 bombs too.

This isn't possible. There are two aggressive, provocative states, significantly poorer than most others, who have failed governments that are completely unable to deliver any development, so they go around looking for trouble to distract their populations from. The other states don't trust them not to drag them into conflicts which don't concern them.

why india is not in your list?
india is your best hope.

India isn't a party in SCS dispute.also,our non-alignment policy is clear.also,we're mainly focusing on our "Look East" policy than joining any regional grouping aimed towards any particular country.

but then again,we might help them(if a group is formed) by helping the members individually.

Unrealistic.
But I think an alliance of US-Japan-PH is forming and maybe Vietnam and farther Malaysia, Indonesia will join?

Unrealistic.
But I think an alliance of US-Japan-PH is forming and maybe Vietnam and farther Malaysia, Indonesia will join?

Even with the treaties, the US will not risk its blood and treasure for anyone other than formal NATO and non-NATO ANZ countries, just my personal opinion. You can guess the reason why. Malaysia and Indonesia will never join this alliance, you can ask members from these countries. I think both Japan and Philippines are making mistakes, they will regret and change their mind later, its just a matter of time.

They are just using vulnerable Asian countries to create division among us.

I think Vietnam should come to some understanding with China before its too late. After a shooting war and lives lost, it will be difficult to follow reason and logic. Fairness is always a matter of perception, you have to think what is better for you in the long term.

Remember back some months/years ago how Indians used to support you, they figured out by now this is not their fight, they stand to loose more than they gain by picking a fight with China.

Back then, I have also given my support to Vietnamese cause, but since then I have learned more about world geopolitics and now the vision of the future model and prediction I have is different. So I can no longer support hostility between China and Vietnam. That is not going to be in the interest of ASEAN and Asian countries.

Vietnam must solve it bilaterally with China and get what you can and be happy with it. If all of us can build a peaceful developed Asia together, it will provide far more benefit for you (and us Asians) than what the Islands and their EEZ have. It is not mineral resources that make you rich, it is the creativity of your developed human resources that make the difference. And to make your country developed, China a huge next door neighbor with a fast growing economy with tremendous cash reserves, has the potential to help you more than any other country in the world.

China is an asset to create a developed integrated Asia for Chinese as well as for Asian interest. Either you can be part of the solution or become a part of the problem, your choice.

Thanks for your support, but cannot agree with your argument, pal ...
To Vietnamese, the territory is the most priority.

That's why we dare to fight French and American ...

Our allies never need to think about bleeding for us ... we are harden warriors,
give support to us, morale or equipments, or information ... that's enough

Thanks for your support, but cannot agree with your argument, pal ...
To Vietnamese, the territory is the most priority.

That's why we dare to fight French and American ...

Our allies never need to think about bleeding for us ... we are harden warriors,
give support to us, morale or equipments, or information ... that's enough
Well said, you just pull that sentence out of the mouths of 93 millions of us; it is the most important character that defines our nationhood throughout history. Nothing is more important than our territory.

Well said, you just pull that sentence out of the mouths of 93 millions of us; it is the most important character that defines our nationhood throughout history. Nothing is more important than our territory.

Its an honor that you try to defend actually, something that you cannot sell to any body even for any luxury living standart, but @kalu_miah is also right...so it should be both Vietnamese and Chinese that should restrain the conflict from becoming a disaster on this region. Any aggressive attempt by both parties should be dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom