What's new

Scrap MMRCA buy F-35 says Ajai Shukla

Naa .. i would rather see the ball's in our court rather than waiting for US congressional approval for each and every thing.

In the interest of good neighbourly relations Sparky why dont you buy some jf17s off us

That's is deliberately made out so that the US can exclusively sell them to us.Recall that the Super Hornets offered to India came fitted with custom AESA radars from Raytheon.

Thats what i have been saying .

Though they have the best to offer and offer it fast, just dont allow them to stay foot on other affairs and play mind games with us.. its kinda dangerous.

the Americans would not give us the advanced radars and avionics that they would be getting why settle for a downgraded 100mn+ dollar aircraft when the French and British are offering us there most advanced aircraft with every bit of advanced technology from the bolt all the way to the source codes for the radar

Mr. Shukla here is forgetting Indian defense industry has no experience with advanced 4thgen fighter jets to skip an entire gap of technology is in one word unimaginable the production of the MMRCA won't just be copying blueprints of a design rather experience with advanced 4th gen fighter technology so that future LCA variants and even the AMCA can incorporate advanced technolgies we have learned along the way

there is no need for F-35 as we have AMCA to fill in that gap

F 35 is the way forward. The tech, the specs, the building of a blossoming friendship is in INdia's grasp. It is time for some in India to shed this old mentality of USA being an evil nation and grow up. Look past that and focus on the current and future geopolitical situation in the world. We would a strong country to back India and INdia only. Some may push Russia but the Ruskies are part of the problem coz they supply CHina with even more advanced tech. Don;t fool yourelf. China is treated differently than India when it comes to weapons plateforms and research by Russia.

Don't blame this to Russia, but blame yourself of not being to keep on par with China.

Russia never helped China against India at all, and India was the first priority to get better gadgets from them, not China.

They provided you MKI, meanwhile China only got the inferior MKK.

But in today, keep buying the Russian weapons won't provide you any military advantage over China anymore because we almost have everything that Russia has, meanwhile we also have the stuffs that Russia doesn't have.

Don't blame this to Russia, but blame yourself of not being to keep on par with China.

Russia never helped China against India at all, and India was the first priority to get better gadgets from them, not China.

They provided you MKI, meanwhile China only got the inferior MKK.

But in today, keep buying the Russian weapons won't provide you any military advantage over China anymore because we almost have everything that Russia has, meanwhile we also have the stuffs that Russia doesn't have.

China is far too advanced that it essentially can skip steps to it's self sufficiency in defence RnD.You really cannot put in terms with India.

China is far too advanced that it essentially can skip steps to it's self sufficiency in defence RnD.You really cannot put in terms with India.

What i suggested is that India should learn how to become more independent, and don't always try to think that everything is biased towards China and unfair towards her.

What i suggested is that India should learn how to become more independent, and don't always try to think that everything is biased towards China and unfair towards her.

And as I said earlier,It just isn't easy for India.China started off like India but showed far greater efficiency by getting down the design formulations of a BMW car and rapidly moving on to complex inventory with soviet era blueprints at hand.

India knows that she cannot match that at the current moment,so we import fighters and technology so as to sustain ourselves in essence because China would never sell us military grade equipment (as yet).

And as I said earlier,It just isn't easy for India.China started off like India but showed far greater efficiency by getting down the design formulations of a BMW car and rapidly moving on to complex inventory with soviet era blueprints at hand.

India knows that she cannot match that at the current moment,so we import fighters and technology so as to sustain ourselves in essence because China would never sell us military grade equipment (as yet).

But PRC did not start off a higher ground than India.

By 1949 when PRC was established, its infrastructure was far worse than that of India after the devastation from WWII.

And the Soviet help was only lasted till the early 1960s, later we got embargoed by both USA and USSR.

I have to say that China has learned better survival skills because of the more difficult experiences that she has faced in the past.

India, on the other hand, is a bit more spoiled as she can easily get anything from the West or Russia.

By 1949 when PRC was established, its infrastructure was far worse than that of India after the devastation from WWII.

And the Soviet help was only lasted till the early 1960s, later we got embargoed by both USA and USSR.

I have to say that China has learned better survival skills because of the more difficult experiences that she has faced in the past.

India, on the other hand, is a bit more spoiled as she can easily get anything from the West or Russia.

My first post :yahoo:
I wouldn't disagree with you on this matter, we have gotten a lot of new tech. The main reason we have not been able to do as much is because of our corrupt government who look for money to fill their own pockets rather doing the right thing. Then there is the love between army and buying foreign things. Rather than investing in our own things they go out and buy things and then forget to build the same thing at home even when we have the TOT, just look at the bofors guns, we had the design and the expertise yet there was nothing done.

Very True once we were embargoed both by the west and the USSR ,self sufficiency was necessary china had no allies we had to rely on ourselves and start building our own Tanks, Fighter Crafts, and warships.

My first post :yahoo:
I wouldn't disagree with you on this matter, we have gotten a lot of new tech. the main reason we have not been able to do as much is because of our corrupt government who look for money to fill their own pockets rather doing the right thing. Than there is the love between army and buying foreign things. Rather than investing in our own things they go out and buy things and then forget to build the same thing at home even when we have the TOT, just look at the bofors guns, we had the design and the expertise yet there was nothing done.

Yeah, the bureaucracy and the lack of efficiency are the biggest problems in India.

China also has many corruptions, but when it comes to the efficiency, they do care a lot about it.

India actually had a better start then we did ,the war with the kuomintang ravaged the country not to mention war with the Japanese and Korean war Hurt the economy as well as our industries.

Unlike the past, India finally is trying to become more self-reliant and is moving in the right direction.

There are destroyers, frigates, corvettes, ACs, attack helicopters, jet fighters, future tanks, IFV, assault rifles, Nuke subs, etc, etc, etc all being built or in the pipe line.

Back
Top Bottom