What's new

Scrap MMRCA buy F-35 says Ajai Shukla

A RUSTY BUTCHER KNIFE IS FAR BETTER THAN AN EXCLIBUR LOCKED IN ITS SHEATH .................. especially when the key is with UNCLE SAM:disagree:

India shall and will do whats best for them just as Pakistan is or any other nation in the world would but plzz for the sake of the thread topic guys plz stop bringing Pakistan (PAF) or jf-17 etc in this stop the troll on the topic its senseless stick to the topic.

F-35 is defiantly a potent bird but dealing with USA is main concern. Tragedy of Pakistani f-16 is for everyone to see.

If buying mmrca is not wise in front of J-20 than what is the logic of LCA ? why he poke his nose at this time didn't he believe earlier that Chin too has the capability to develop 5th generation aircraft ? holly cow

F35 for the navy sounds appealing in the long run but not for the airforce as we have PAK-FA and MRCA

The combine of MRCA + LCA will do well to complement the PAKFA+Super Su-30 for the foreseeable future.

The Hi-Lo combination provides us with both the numbers and teeth for our offensive and defensive needs.

The only plausible scenario for F-35 i see is the navy. We might also note that F-35 can also be used from LHD/LPD/LHA, which remains a high posibility.( Mistral or Dokdo class)

India actually had a better start then we did ,the war with the kuomintang ravaged the country not to mention war with the Japanese and Korean war Hurt the economy as well as our industries.

Thats where a lot of resilience and hard work of the Chinese kicks in.

Well i can't believe i am saying this but i think IAF should atleast check out F35. US will very happily provide f35 for testing in India. The decision will be made by the end of this year. I think we can test F35 for couple weeks at different locations and if its an extra-ordinary fighter jet, i think we should consider F35, we can still get limited ToT.

Lets face the fact guys, even if we get full ToT its of no use, our companies have been unable to make any difference with any level of ToT and its clear from past. HAL is getting ToT for more than 3 decades for different fighter jets. I mean we have full tot for Su30 mki and with the experience of HAL one would imagine that HAL is capable of making changes to mki so that it can carry brahmos but for that also we went to russians.

Saala woh OFB is keeping two designs of artillery but those idiots didn't even got the idea to tell someone that they have the design. If they are so incapable we could have asked private companies and drdo to join hands with OFB, the biggest loser in indian defence sector to develop a couple decent guns.

Also now when so many countries like S.Korea, Japan, Singapore, Turkey all are purchasing f35, i think iaf should test f35 so as to compare how much is the difference in operational capabilities of 2 fighter jets. If there's not much difference hen whatever MOD we should go with it but if not, if there's some significant difference then i think we should consider buying f35. We can give some relaxation to LM by asking tech for just AESA. We can make our future aesa with Northrop or Raytheon, i think now US has received a lesson. Also we can ask US to expedite the delivery by crying wolf (China).

We have trusted the Public sector companies to deliver for far too long, But we are in for some surprises surely from our private sector who have been given permission to get into defense very recently.

If India buys the F-35 will it get source codes and Transfer of Technology ?

No we won't that was also one of the prime issues with F16 and F18 in MMRCA.

Turkey a NATO member I believe halted the F-35 due to the USA not giving it the Source Codes.

Just like the UK as the prime F35 partner and still they got very limited access if at all. The F35 is a US fighter and they might say they have a partnership with all the other countries, but not in all fields. The European contries for example don't have a real licence production of the fighter, each country produces some parts and there is an assembly and maintenance hub in Italy for F35A and B. UK even don't get their F35 build in Europe anymore, since they switched to the C version and this will be produced in the US only. Similarly, Israel will get their fighters produced in the US and have to send that few avionics that they were allowed to customize to the US first, where they will be integrated and then send back to Israel as a complete fighter.
Japan might be the assembly/maintenance hub for Asia, if they choose the F35, but won't get a real licence production line either and all this shows why India shouldn't go for the F35, or why it was rejected in favour for the FGFA in the past. IN might be forced to F35Cs, since therer could be some pressure to buy them in combination with E-2Ds and the EMALs catapult system, but for IAF it's a complete no go!

Well i can't believe i am saying this but i think IAF should atleast check out F35. US will very happily provide f35 for testing in India. The decision will be made by the end of this year. I think we can test F35 for couple weeks at different locations and if its an extra-ordinary fighter jet, i think we should consider F35, we can still get limited ToT.

Mate, that's not possible and would be highly expensive anyway! There are only prototypes of the F35 available so far and not even partner countries like the Netherlands was allowed for a long time to test one of them. It was reported that they asked for it, just like Japan and that they would have to pay up to $2 millions to do so and these are trusted countries from US point of view. The Indo - US relation is rather new and our close relation to the Russians makes ToT of one of their stealth fighters more than unlikely, just look at what they offered in MMRCA with less capable techs, or how they denied US and Israeli companies to do JV with Indians, because they feared we could get some techs, ToT is not going to happen from the US!

HAL is getting ToT for more than 3 decades for different fighter jets. I mean we have full tot for Su30 mki and with the experience of HAL one would imagine that HAL is capable of making changes to mki so that it can carry brahmos but for that also we went to russians.

Who said they couldn't, the question is are they allowed to do it alone? Keep in mind that no matter what customization we did with the MKI, it remains to be an Russian fighter and all rights belongs to them. You can't simply change the airframe, or other structural parts, just because we have a licence production and that's the difference between MKI JV and FGFA co-development! We will be able to do much more alone if we want to, but also in the design stage of FGFA and that's where HAL is already beeing involved and that's why the Russians even offered HAL to lead a naval re-design of the Pak Fa / FGFA, so it's not like we wouldn't benefit at all from the ToT we got in the past. I even belive that Kaveri engine development might have been done better by HAL then GTRE has done it, since HAL had already good experience with Russian and western engines.

if we can test F35, if its really stealthy, we would have some experience with it though we reject it.
What is loss ?

I Think Ajai Shukla Hasnt Heard of FGFA...This Guy has been Lobbying for F -35 for Long time....Though I would Love to see F -35 For our Navy

Pentagon Slices F-35 Buy to Pay for Overruns

The Pentagon is reducing the next buy of Lockheed Martin F-35s to 30 from 35 aircraft in order cover cost overruns incurred in earlier production lots, according to the Joint Program Office (JPO).

The Navy and Air Force have agreed to reduce their quantities in low-rate initial production (LRIP) Lot 5 to "pay for the bills," says Joe Dellavedova, JPO spokesman. "Controlling costs is an absolute must."

Pentagon Slices F-35 Buy to Pay for Overruns

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom