What's new

Scrap MMRCA buy F-35 says Ajai Shukla

Sure tell us abt it!
1 jute mill
1 factory
1 university

with no furniture,no equipment nothin....

Abt our economy.... it was better coz of our economic policies ... and remained better than india till the mid 2000s...till we joined WOT, etc.

not at all an example is after the Kargil war when you guys dug yourselves into a deep hole

Diplomatic Fiasco: Pakistan's Failure on the Diplomatic Front Nullifies its Gains on the Battlefield - Harvard - Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs

Coup d'itat: Pakistan gets a new sheriff - India - Salon.com

Faced with the possibility of international isolation, the already fragile Pakistani economy was weakened further

after 98 nuclear tests your economy sank even lower when it was already in a bad spot prior to that it was nothing special compared to Japan or German economy

and what did you expect the British to stick a sliver spoon in your mouth before they left? one thing you should know by now is that self sufficiency is a priority which is what we are doing reliance will only cause angst for the future running headlong into uneasy alliances is taking a bite from the fruit of the poisonous tree

If India buys the F-35 will it get source codes and Transfer of Technology ?

come on now brother we are talking about Americans they only reserve there best radars avionics etc for themselves and there closest allies e.g Israel, Skorea etc we did not take there offer for F-35 because there are serious questions about its performance (see RAND corp simulation for more info) its expensive and why settle for 2nd best or 3rd best when we are being offered a golden opportunity to become experienced in fighter technology that we desperately need? i believe the navy is interested in the F-35 but most likely the naval version of Rafale will bag that deal.

BTW, lets go back to the topics about India and F-35. :coffee:

I think India has higher possibility of getting F-35 for its navy.

India has money and is modernizing its fleet, and considering the huge developmental cost its not really a surprise that they will supply this to India. The only thing that is bad is that its taking so long and some of the technology that they are developing can also be acquired from Russia at low cost and used in place. The only future I see for the F-35 is in the navy and that is it. Even if India goes and buys this the Government, or the navy in this matter should make sure that the induction of F-35 doesn't affect the AMCA program or the FGFA.

I don't think they will go for it.

This idea has been dismissed a while ago.

No F-35 for India | StratPost

No, only Rafale offers this and more..

F-35 is having plenty of problems with funding it not to mention NATO members going back and forth on it, Turkey a NATO member I believe halted the F-35 due to the USA not giving it the Source Codes.

That's the thing, in China the government gives the order the companies, or the departments follow that order while in case of India the whole thing is messed up. People do as they want and rarely follow the government's orders to the full extent. A project for a 2km road for example, if they give the concrete to make the road the company would only use 60-70% of the actual and water it down to make it look more and do a terrible job and make a lot of money, I have seen this in Madhy Pradesh. But hopefully now the times are changing and people are taking more interest in the future of the country and hopefully they replace these old id*ots.

Hehe, we are not 100% capitalist, but rather we do implement some pragmatic solution from the capitalist in order to improve our infrastructure and economy. :azn:

And we do not follow anyone, but only follow what serves the best for our national interest.

come on now brother we are talking about Americans they only reserve there best radars avionics etc for themselves and there closest allies e.g Israel, Skorea etc we did not take there offer for F-35 because there are serious questions about its performance (see RAND corp simulation for more info) its expensive and why settle for 2nd best or 3rd best when we are being offered a golden opportunity to become experienced in fighter technology that we desperately need? i believe the navy is interested in the F-35 but most likely the naval version of Rafale will bag that deal.

True, I still see the Options with Russia better both the T-50 and FGFA is russia Providing India with any Naval based fighters ?

^^^ off topic but just 1 question do most Chinese prefer democracy or the authoritarian oligarchy currently in place?

Democracy is ok, but We saw how Democracy worked in Russia so were cautious about it, it's our ultimate goal to reach a Democracy but interal issue's must be solved and the Current Administration is doing a very good job at running the country.

True, I still see the Options with Russia better both the T-50 and FGFA is russia Providing India with any Naval based fighters ?

i used to think that as well but the Russians offer they're advanced equipment but India has had to deal with a painstaking process of lack of usable spares and Russia cannot provide the spares we even issued global tender for spares due to Russian delay and lack of commitment for spares in fact i believe this was a reason as to why the Mi-28 was rejected....

the Russians are giving India the MiG-29K fighter jets considered to be one of the best naval fighters in the world it has low RCS and large payload which helps its land attack capabilities the Russians themselves have opted to retire the less capable SU-33 in favor the MiG-29K

But there is an alternative. The IAF must frankly tell the MoD that the situation has changed, and that national security demands scrapping the overpriced MMRCA procurement and buying the F-35 through a single-vendor contract. The defence of the realm cannot be held hostage to the procedural requirement of multi-vendor bidding; nor is overpaying justifiable if it was done through competitive bidding. New Delhi has recently procured several fine aircraft on a single-vendor, government-to-government basis: the Sukhoi-30MKI from Russia; and the C-130J and C-17 transport aircraft from the US. The procurement of a new fighter that will form the backbone of the IAF for decades must be treated with the same urgency.
Well i can't believe i am saying this but i think IAF should atleast check out F35. US will very happily provide f35 for testing in India. The decision will be made by the end of this year. I think we can test F35 for couple weeks at different locations and if its an extra-ordinary fighter jet, i think we should consider F35, we can still get limited ToT.

Lets face the fact guys, even if we get full ToT its of no use, our companies have been unable to make any difference with any level of ToT and its clear from past. HAL is getting ToT for more than 3 decades for different fighter jets. I mean we have full tot for Su30 mki and with the experience of HAL one would imagine that HAL is capable of making changes to mki so that it can carry brahmos but for that also we went to russians.

Saala woh OFB is keeping two designs of artillery but those idiots didn't even got the idea to tell someone that they have the design. If they are so incapable we could have asked private companies and drdo to join hands with OFB, the biggest loser in indian defence sector to develop a couple decent guns.

Also now when so many countries like S.Korea, Japan, Singapore, Turkey all are purchasing f35, i think iaf should test f35 so as to compare how much is the difference in operational capabilities of 2 fighter jets. If there's not much difference hen whatever MOD we should go with it but if not, if there's some significant difference then i think we should consider buying f35. We can give some relaxation to LM by asking tech for just AESA. We can make our future aesa with Northrop or Raytheon, i think now US has received a lesson. Also we can ask US to expedite the delivery by crying wolf (China).

Second thoughts about the F-35 - thestar.com

F35 is not the jet for India many countries are having doubts.

Canada has always intended to buy the F-35A, the simplest, least expensive variant, which is a conventional take-off-and-landing aircraft. But affordability is a relative term when an aircraft has not been fully tested and proven. Australia, which originally had intended to buy 100 F-35As, has had to purchase two dozen new F-18 Super Hornets as a stopgap measure due, among other things, to delays in the F-35 program. If the F-35 has further problems, we may have to take the same route.

And even if the F-35 is as effective as claimed, it may still be the wrong plane for Canada. It is not very fast and has less range and weapons-load capacity than other allied fighters — even more so compared with new planes being developed in Russia, India and China.

I think India has a higher possibility of getting F-35 for its navy.
I would like more of these beauties
z037p.jpg

6fv5zb.jpg

chy6v.jpg

118lhdi.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom