What's new

Scrap MMRCA buy F-35 says Ajai Shukla

Indian navy is an excellent option for the F35, You are quite right India does need to evaluate it for the navy option, my guess is it would be a front runner for the IN.

hahhahaaa....out of rafale or typhoons..one of them will be rolled on the air craft carriers.
mmrca have option of separate purchase of 63 for navy purpose.so where and when you will use f-35??

hahhahaaa....out of rafale or typhoons..one of them will be rolled on the air craft carriers.
mmrca have option of separate purchase of 63 for navy purpose.so where and when you will use f-35??

Just that we are talking of options or of any possibilities here also don't forget F 35 is a 5th gen stealth and would be a lethal addition to the IAF/IN. Provided it does not sideline our own developments in this field.

Just that we are talking of options or of any possibilities here also don't forget F 35 is a 5th gen stealth and would be a lethal addition to the IAF/IN. Provided it does not sideline our own developments in this field.

may be after 2025 but not before

Why not?The Sea Harriers bore no resemblance to any of the platforms we used to operate,yet we use it for it's operational efficiency it offers.Similiar to the F-35 eh...?

Scrap MMRCA buy F-35 says Ajai Shukla

Veteran journalist Ajai Shukla of Business Standard is arguing:

a.) Why waste money on 4th ++ generation fighter aircraft when USA is ready to give 5th Gen in US $ 65 million a piece

b.) The USA has pronm,ised to supply it by 2015-16 at the same time the first new MMRCA will join IAF.

c.) His point is of money, superior technology, timely delivery

But he forgets that how can be believe Americans + Americans will not share technology as we are also developing 5th gen with Russia.

Good old Mr Shukla, never gets tired to make PR for the F35 and continue to spread completelly wrong facts.

- F35 is nearly twice as costly as he thinks
- F35 will not even be available for the US forces by 2015, let alone an export customer like India
- F35 has stealth, but besides that is clearly less capable the EF, or Rafale and offers even inferior techs. no Supercruise, no super maneuverability, no IRST (only IRST functions, since EOTS is mainly an LDP), inferior defence capabilities with 2 AAMs only in strike roles, no Swashplate AESA, EO DAS is similar to SPECTRA, which is available for nearly a decade now
- F35 will not be offered for licence production, not even for partner countries!
- F35 offers no ToT, but high restrictions and not customisations

He is also comparing the wrong fighters with each other, because when it comes to IAF fleet and possible opponents it's more like this:

F16 / J10A - Mirage 2000/Mig 29
JF 17 - LCA
J10B - MMRCA
J11 / Su 27 / Su 30 - MKI / Super 30
J20 - FGFA

So besides his wrong claims, he also completelly forgot that we will have an 5.gen fighter by 2017 as well and we don't need MMRCAs to fight J20, but to assist and complement FGFAs and Super 30s. But hey, anybody with a blog has the right to have an opinion right? :rolleyes:

Why not?The Sea Harriers bore no resemblance to any of the platforms we used to operate,yet we use it for it's operational efficiency it offers.Similiar to the F-35 eh...?

And has IN evaluated the Rafale or the Typhoon for its carriers?

There is no need to talk about scraping MRCA and going for F-35...Hope Ajay has not lost his balance..why does he think that the delivery of the first and the last fighter on order would have the same tech.....just look at MKI..every fighter jet takes time to evolve...I didnt expect such a poor thought process from Ajay! I even cant dream that he was bribed by americans..lol

There is no need to talk about scraping MRCA and going for F-35...Hope Ajay has not lost his balance..why does he think that the delivery of the first and the last fighter on order would have the same tech.....just look at MKI..every fighter jet takes time to evolve...I didnt expect such a poor thought process from Ajay! I even cant dream that he was bribed by americans..lol

You need to ask Ajay that, also doesn't seem like India is scrapping the MMRCA, We are most likely going ahead with it.

Not only money, scholarships for children, free american holiday etc are used to get favors.

Why has Ajal Shukla completely skated around the PAK-FA/FGFA and AMCA? admittedly we are some way from seeing either plane in Indian skies but this is a similar case for any Chinese 5th gen fighter in their AF. And anyway the majority of the PLAAF is and will continue to be for the forseeable future made up of sub standard 4th/3rd gen fighters and this goes doubly so for PAF. Do we really expect China's first attempt at a world class fighter (5th gen at that) with no outside help apart from stolen blueprints ad tech to be any good? I personally think that like with most things Chinese it will be all style no substance. Either one of the two best 4.5++ gen fighters will e effective in protecting India's skies for the foreseeable future.

F-35B/C for IN would be great though.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom