What's new

Scottish Referendum: Yes Campaign Takes Lead

Why would the scottish want to be a part of a usa puppet state? I think they would much rather be independent and free to choose their own path in the world. I hope my Scottish brothers choose freedom. The same freedom their forefathers died for.

Fcuk england and the uk Basically.

@Nihonjin1051 :

Here is my view on the situation:

The Scots are different in mentality to the English. Most Scots are left of centre and they would like a country that is more akin to the model as seen in countries like Denmark and Sweden, that mixes private enterprise but with good public services as regards pensions and healthcare.

The English by contrast seem to have drifted to the US model somewhat where the onus of welfare is more on the individual citizen. Low taxes and relatively lower social welfare spending is the system that most English people want.

The card that opponents of independence have been successfully playing till recently is that Scotland cannot maintain the same standard of living if it went independent. The supporters of independence have recently managed to convince many Scots that Scotland can not only maintain its living standards if it gets independence but may even become more prosperous.

Even if Scotland votes no now, the momentum for independence is so great that independence may be inevitable a decade or two down the line.

Thank you for that explanation @UKBengali . And here I was in the position that the Act of Union was an irreversible proclamation. These proceedings, indeed, are revolutionary in their own right. If Scotland goes, who's to say that Northern Ireland may not do the same ? Even union of Northern Ireland with the Republic of Ireland....

Thank you for that explanation @UKBengali . And here I was in the position that the Act of Union was an irreversible proclamation. These proceedings, indeed, are revolutionary in their own right. If Scotland goes, who's to say that Northern Ireland may not do the same ? Even union of Northern Ireland with the Republic of Ireland....

This also raises a very interesting situation as regards the status of Northern Ireland.

Northern Ireland is composed of Catholics, who favour unification with Ireland, and Protestants who are pro-UK. The interesting thing is that the Protestants are mainly descended from Scots and if Scotland goes independent then they will be in the unusual position of being a foreign country to their Scottish kin.

Really without Scotland the United Kingdom ceases to exist in practice even though technically it could remain so. The Scots are the only nation in the British Isles that the English never managed to conquer through military means and is one of the reasons the English actually respect them unlike the Welsh and Irish.

Looks like its going to be a close vote. Looks like many Scots are still in doubt about independence. But if Scotland does go what will UK be?

yeah, northern ireland should be unified with pakistan... similar people.. :devil:
about welsh independence... meh... i mean.. baa...

I've got a couple of buddies from Ireland - football fans of the same Club - and some were very Pro-Unification...they even had a word for it Ulsteer something...I dunno ! :unsure:

I feel bad for the Welsh though - Such a great country pushed into second-class status...! :(

I've got a couple of buddies from Ireland - football fans of the same Club - and some were very Pro-Unification...they even had a word for it Ulsteer something...I dunno ! :unsure:

I feel bad for the Welsh though - Such a great country pushed into second-class status...! :(
answer me h

lolz.. ulster scots are unionist.. who are not pro union with ireland (if that is what you mean) but with United Kingdom.. basically favouring status quo.:p:

welsh are very happy with second class status, coz without UK they will be third... :devil:

lolz.. ulster scots are unionist.. who are not pro union with ireland (if that is what you mean) but with United Kingdom.. basically favouring status quo.:p:

welsh are very happy with second class status, coz without UK they will be third... :devil:

It was so long...I don't even remember what the entire nomenclature was ! :(

I've got a relative over there in Wales (settled there in the '60s) and he was telling us that the Welsh have lost their language & their culture & to anyone who can't see subtle differences they're almost English !

I have been tracking poll since last few days and I have not seen Yes surpassing No so far

You can check the poll results of different agencies from the bbc website

Scottish independence referendum - Poll Tracker - BBC News

Yes it is true that Yes is rising day by day and in last 30 days there is more Yes than No followed by Don't know... but overall trend has been No

This also raises a very interesting situation as regards the status of Northern Ireland.

Northern Ireland is composed of Catholics, who favour unification with Ireland, and Protestants who are pro-UK. The interesting thing is that the Protestants are mainly descended from Scots and if Scotland goes independent then they will be in the unusual position of being a foreign country to their Scottish kin.

Really without Scotland the United Kingdom ceases to exist in practice even though technically it could remain so. The Scots are the only nation in the British Isles that the English never managed to conquer through military means and is one of the reasons the English actually respect them unlike the Welsh and Irish.

Very interesting, indeed. I do wish the best for the United Kingdom , and hope for the preservation of the United Kingdom.

Long Live the Queen !

It was so long...I don't even remember what the entire nomenclature was ! :(

I've got a relative over there in Wales (settled there in the '60s) and he was telling us that the Welsh have lost their language & their culture & to anyone who can't see subtle differences they're almost English !
decay and extiction of a language: thats evolution through natural selection... as a well known comedian/TV personality pointed out. is youtube still banned in holyland?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom