What's new

Scott Morrison Concedes Defeat in Australian Election

The votes went to Greens and Independents because of climate change, feminism, and LGBTQ right, etc.

However, it is undeniable that the Liberals are the biggest American poodles in Australia. The result may not be pro-China, but it will definitely pull Australia towards a more independent foreign policy. The Australian media landscape is dominated by Murdoch media (Fox News type) which will continue to push the pro-US, anti-China, anti-Muslim narrative.

P.S. Albo may not even last his full term and be replaced by another Labor leader. The only thing I remember about his acceptance speech was a tantrum at his own supporters right at the beginning. This guy is no diplomat.

It's in natural interest for any nation to co-operate with China for their own betterment,but when any nation's so-called leader, takes on a path of being aggression toward china on the behest of Washington ,regardless of their national interest,they don't last in elections. So ,even if public doesn't vote for pro china policies,still someone like Morrison has to accept defeat.Scomo type of mindless anti-China watchdog isn't fit for a leader ,he's simply a Washington product serving the decadent anglo empire ,so even the public which is primed as anti china degenerates by Murdoch media,has no option but to vote for another candidate due to the hardship felt by electing such lunatic leader like scomo.

Last edited:
Australia runs a yearly surplus even if you don't buy or sell to it.

Australian economy will crater into a deep depression if China stops importing Australian resources. But China won't do such a move because China itself depends on high quality Australian mineral resources.

The Liberals caught a lot of flak for needlessly antagonizing China and I am sure it was a factor in some cases. Chinese-Australians are generally affluent and vote Liberal, but there was shift away from Liberals in that community also.

I tell you why Scott Morrison loses the election becos of his pro US and anti China policy. He is not serving the interest of Australian but American only.

He think all Australian are idiot like him. Too bad he is the real idiot and his stupid defense minister.
Every australian is naturally pro u.s.

It's in natural interest for any nation to co-operate with China for their own betterment,but when any nation's so-called leader, takes on a path of being aggressive toward china on the behest of Washignton ,regardless of their national interest,they don't last in elections. So ,even if public doesn't vote for pro china policies,still someone like Morrison has to accept defeat.Scomo type of mindless anti-China watchdog isn't fit for a leader ,he's simply a Washington product serving the decadent anglo empire ,so even the public which is primed as anti china lunatics by Murdoch media,has no option but to vote for another candidate due to the hardship felt by electing such lunatic leader like scomo.

Very true.

Morrison was the waterboy for Trump and then Biden. In almost every arena, Australia led the way in the anti-China rhetoric: banning Huawei, COVID inquiry, trade sanctions, etc. The worst part was that, while Scomo played America's Sheriff, the US picked up many of the trade opportunities opened by Australian sanctions on China.

Not even close. Australian public opinion favored a neutral stance in a US-China confrontation. However, the Murdoch media has been shifting public opinion against China in recent years.

Not when your lunch and dinner becomes a problem. This is human instinct when yohr stomach can't be full. That need to be taken care of before others.

Money is not obtain thru printing. It need to be done by hardwork and concrete products.

Australian economy will crater into a deep depression if China stops importing Australian resources. But China won't do such a move because China itself depends on high quality Australian mineral resources.

The Liberals caught a lot of flak for needlessly antagonizing China and I am sure it was a factor in some cases. Chinese-Australians are generally affluent and vote Liberal, but there was shift away from Liberals in that community also.
But China has open up new mineral site in Africa. They are opening soon and dependent on Australia resources maybe reduced. Things is not rosy if such tense r/s between China and Australia persists.

Well lets give them a chance it not like we have many options. I am also skeptical and nearly voted greens bcz of it. For now I am just glad pauline hanson is out which is progress i guess:lol:. I think they will form a coalition with Greens so might get a nudge from that end as well.
Well, I think One Nation is a double edged sword. It really depends on whether or not ALP can get to 76. If not, then ALP would need to depends on the Teal and Independent to work their policy, Which as you know, is BS. At least ONP would vote inline with Labor in Parliament as they have perference deal....

I mean I am not ready to have a bill tackling inflation and moving production base tag with Climate issue because ALP needed a few Teal to pass.

Green are just wasting your vote lol. But I just can't vote for ScoMo again....so, yeah, this Election is kaputt...

What are you on about? Australia has the lowest unemployment rate right now. There is even skill shortage and job are being created at much higher pace post COVID. As for inflation it is led by global demand and supply issues and china cant fix that unless global inflation reduces to pre COVID figure.

Expecting that china alone has magic wand to do some sort of miracles is utter stupidity. Even more moronic is to expect that Australia will change its decades old alliances and policies just to reduce inflation and get some higher exports. Trend is changing world is already diversifying its export hubs to cushion another COVID style onslaught. China itself is moving toward consumerism and trying to outsource its export base. It is bound to happen with China per capita income booming in recent years. So expecting that china has the solution to Australian problems is ridiculous. Most of our problem are structural and dont need external help which is why people voted for ALP.

Australia runs a yearly surplus even if you don't buy or sell to it.
Lol.. if thing is such rosy. Morrison would have won the election. Stop deluding yourself.

You know why China is the second largest economy? Of cos China has the economy magic band. You think our trillion dollars are toilet paper?

But China has open up new mineral site in Africa. They are opening soon and dependent on Australia resources maybe reduced. Things is not rosy if such tense r/s between China and Australia persists.

Yes, China is working on alternative supplies in South America and Africa but those places generally have political instability and safety risk for personnel. It also takes time for mines to come online. Finally, Australia has some of the best quality coal and iron ore on the planet.

China will definitely prefer Australian resources to the alternatives.

Most affluence Chinesse Australian voted for Labor, there is a sizable shift in working class to shift from Liberal to Labor, and in the end, this is nothing because Coalition lost on this election is because the "woke" issue, not because of their policy toward China.

And in this respect, Albo are set to be more align to Biden Policy, as they are both political left leaning. I mean if you think ScoMo is an American Sheriff, wait til you see Albo and Biden go hand in hand in their next meeting. There are some sort of Bromance brewing.

Most affluence Chinesse Australian voted for Labor, there is a sizable shift in working class to shift from Liberal to Labor, and in the end, this is nothing because Coalition lost on this election is because the "woke" issue, not because of their policy toward China.

The main commentator on 7 news was saying the expensive neighborhoods in Sydney's north shore, which have high Chinese populations and traditionally Liberal, were edging away from Liberals because of Morrison's needlessly shrill rhetoric on China.

And in this respect, Albo are set to be more align to Biden Policy, as they are both political left leaning. I mean if you think ScoMo is an American Sheriff, wait til you see Albo and Biden go hand in hand in their next meeting. There are some sort of Bromance brewing.

The US Democratic party is sold out to the Establishment, which is why there is a strong dissenting element with Bernie and the gang, but the Australian Labor party still tries to pretend it represents the working class. Albo wil need to be mindful of any economic fallout from antagonizing China.

Yes, China is working on alternative supplies in South America and Africa but those places generally have political instability and safety risk for personnel. It also takes time for mines to come online. Finally, Australia has some of the best quality coal and iron ore on the planet.

China will definitely prefer Australian resources to the alternatives.
That is the key word "prefer". A hostile Australia will leave China no choice. China can afford to waste few billion for the extra effort of getting African iron ore vs Australia ore.

It really depends on whether or not ALP can get to 76. If not, then ALP would need to depends on the Teal and Independent

I think ALP would prefer a coalition with the Greens. The Greens are at least a coherent party, whereas the Independents are a bunch of loose cannons with no common ideology.

That is the key word "prefer". A hostile Australia will leave China no choice. China can afford to waste few billion for the extra effort of getting African iron ore vs Australia ore.

I don't think Australia will push China that far. Unless China invades Taiwan and Australia is forced to join a US-led sanctions regime.

The main commentator on 7 news was saying the expensive neighborhoods in Sydney's north shore, which have high Chinese populations and traditionally Liberal, were edging away from Liberals because of Morrison's needlessly shrill rhetoric on China.

The US Democratic party is sold out to the Establishment, which is why there is a strong dissenting element with Bernie and the gang, but the Australian Labor party still tries to pretend it represents the working class. Albo wil need to be mindful of any economic fallout from antagonizing China.
North Shore have a very small Chinese Population, it stretched all the way from Roseville all the way toward Hunter Region. Do you mean North Sydney??

As I said, Biden see China as a threat because of its massive industrial base, that is the reason why Biden policy is anti-China, by the way, before 2020 election, Biden was said to be a Chinese shill by the right,

Albo will most likely see the same thing, job loss if we depends on Chinese import. This is not about antagonizing China, this is about Australia first.

I think ALP would prefer a coalition with the Greens. The Greens are at least a coherent party, whereas the Independents are a bunch of loose cannons with no common ideology.

I don't think Australia will push China that far. Unless China invades Taiwan and Australia is forced to join a US-led sanctions regime.
Green don't have enough seat, they have won 3 (4th is a maybe) and if Labor stand where it is, they are going to need 1 or 2 more to get over the line.

Plus, Green is not much different than the Independent. I am not surprised if Green form a political alliance on multiple independent so to guarantee them having a say in the next 3 years

North Shore have a very small Chinese Population, it stretched all the way from Roseville all the way toward Hunter Region. Do you mean North Sydney??

As I said, Biden see China as a threat because of its massive industrial base, that is the reason why Biden policy is anti-China, by the way, before 2020 election, Biden was said to be a Chinese shill by the right,

Albo will most likely see the same thing, job loss if we depends on Chinese import. This is not about antagonizing China, this is about Australia first.
Joining AUKUS and blaming China on covid on behalf of US is not about antagonizing China but Australia first? You are deluding yourself.

Australia has a huge agriculture export that included beef. Who is gonna take that demand? India? 😂

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom