What's new

India-Australia Summit: PM Scott likely to announce Rs 1500 crore investment in India

What Reuters?

You need to go check on the market price and the AFTO website.

As I said, price go up when I sell BHP, I don't really care what Chinese government had told you.
my citations were from Reuters. not my fault you can't read.

my citations were from Reuters. not my fault you can't read.
And what Baosteel make money have to do with my point?

Unless you are claiming Chinese try to ban Australian Ore are in fact trying to raise the ore price so Australian Mining Company can benefit. Otherwise it back fire on the Chinese

Also this

And what Baosteel make money have to do with my point?

Unless you are claiming Chinese try to ban Australian Ore are in fact trying to raise the ore price so Australian Mining Company can benefit. Otherwise it back fire on the Chinese

Also this

your assertion: Evergrande going under was caused by Australia raising iron ore and coal prices

my retort: Evergrande isn't a consumer of iron ore or coal. Baosteel is. Baosteel did not lose money.

you also found an article that was not contemporary to the Australian sanctions. Nice try.

your assertion: Evergrande going under was caused by Australia raising iron ore and coal prices

my retort: Evergrande isn't a consumer of iron ore or coal. Baosteel is. Baosteel did not lose money.

you also found an article that was not contemporary to the Australian sanctions. Nice try.
Baosteel is a STEELMAKING company, and Evergrande is a REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER.

As I quote, Baosteel themselve have taking a profit hit since the surging ore price, unless you are claiming CEO of Baosteel are buddy buddy with CEO of Evergrande and not to incur that to them. Just because one company staying afloat, which by the way have a completely different business direction, does not mean them all are staying afloat.

As for your 3 red line, unless you are really stupid and cannot connect the dot by yourself, you would know the price of steel would have increased which make building material price surge, which in turn eat into the profit margin of those Real Estate Developer. Sure, this does not happen, instead I am sure Evergrande is just getting lazy and not complete those project that were lag behind.

LOL. you are funny.

Baosteel is a STEELMAKING company, and Evergrande is a REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER.

As I quote, Baosteel themselve have taking a profit hit since the surging ore price, unless you are claiming CEO of Baosteel are buddy buddy with CEO of Evergrande and not to incur that to them. Just because one company staying afloat, which by the way have a completely different business direction, does not mean them all are staying afloat.

As for your 3 red line, unless you are really stupid and cannot connect the dot by yourself, you would know the price of steel would have increased which make building material price surge, which in turn eat into the profit margin of those Real Estate Developer. Sure, this does not happen, instead I am sure Evergrande is just getting lazy and not complete those project that were lag behind.

LOL. you are funny.
Real estate development doesn't have a direct tie with iron ore and coal prices. Steel does. This is simple logic.

If iron ore and coal prices increase, steel profits decline. Baosteel's profits did not decline when the sanctions were announced.

Real estate development doesn't have a direct tie with iron ore and coal prices. Steel does. This is simple logic.

If iron ore and coal prices increase, steel profits decline. Baosteel's profits did not decline when the sanctions were announced.
Look, I am going to go slow in case you don't follow

Iron Ore Price goes up -> Iron Production cost goes up -> Steel Production cost goes up -> Building Material (they use steel for rebar or I beam, right?) goes up -> Cost of building a building goes up -> Real Estate Developer profit margin goes down.

How hard is it to follow?

And lol, steel mill profit is dented, you don't need to be in decline to jack the steel price up, in fact, that is the only way they can stay afloat by jacking the steel price up, so whether or not Baosteel survive have nothing to do with whether or not evergrande survive.....

Look, I am going to go slow in case you don't follow

Iron Ore Price goes up -> Iron Production cost goes up -> Steel Production cost goes up -> Building Material (they use steel for rebar or I beam, right?) goes up -> Cost of building a building goes up -> Real Estate Developer profit margin goes down.

How hard is it to follow?

And lol, steel mill profit is dented, you don't need to be in decline to jack the steel price up, in fact, that is the only way they can stay afloat by jacking the steel price up, so whether or not Baosteel survive have nothing to do with whether or not evergrande survive.....
Evergrande didn't report an increase in costs though. so you're still wrong.

Evergrande didn't report an increase in costs though. so you're still wrong.
As I said, I am pretty sure they are just too lazy to build the stuff they are contracted for. There are no other reason for it. Right?

LOL

you claimed steel prices increased. but you're wrong. steel prices declined in H2 2021.

20220127_china_hrc_prices.svg
First of all, your own graph show the steel price at the end of 2021 is HIGHER than at the beginning of 2021. Let that sink in for a moment. It was lower than mid-4000 when this graph begin and at the upper half of 4000 when this graph ends......So that mean Steel Price "DECLINED"? Oh wow, I learn something everyday.

Secondly, what do you call the price between May and Jun?

First of all, your own graph show the steel price at the end of 2021 is HIGHER than at the beginning of 2021. Let that sink in for a moment. It was lower than mid-4000 when this graph begin and at the upper half of 4000 when this graph ends......So that mean Steel Price "DECLINED"? Oh wow, I learn something everyday.

Secondly, what do you call the price between May and Jun?
a small market fluctuation. an overall rise in the 4000's is less than inflation so it is essentially a decline. regardless, you still failed to demonstrate that Evergrande reported higher costs.

a small market fluctuation. an overall rise in the 4000's is less than inflation so it is essentially a decline.
Dude, it is not a small Market Fluctuation. My blood pressure is a small fluctuation from 110-128 when I was watching the final of World Cup, that is almost 100% increase during May-June....

You are not talking about even a "Steady" price, you are using said graph to show the price has "DECLINED" exactly how it was "In Decline" when it was lower than 4500 in the beginning of 2021 and higher than 4500 at the end of 2021??

Dude, it is not a small Market Fluctuation. My blood pressure is a small fluctuation from 110-128 when I was watching the final of World Cup, that is almost 100% increase during May-June....

You are not talking about even a "Steady" price, you are using said graph to show the price has "DECLINED" exactly how it was "In Decline" when it was lower than 4500 in the beginning of 2021 and higher than 4500 at the end of 2021??

Sanctions began in 2020.

May-June price spike did not coincide with sanctions, so it wasn't causal. Still failed to demonstrate links between Australian sanctions and real estate industry. Sorry.

Sanctions began in 2020.

May-June price spike did not coincide with sanctions, so it wasn't causal. Still failed to demonstrate links between Australian sanctions and real estate industry. Sorry.
So you are supposing Ore ban affect Steel production "Immediately"? So when the Chinese banned Australia Ore and Coal in Aug 2020 it will hike immediately?

There is a thing called "reserve" and also a thing called "production limits" You don't just run out of ore when you stop importing, if you do, then you probably really should start worrying......

Also, as I said many time before, I am pretty sure Evergrande just too lazy to build the stuff they were contracted to do, if you believe the ore price did not take a hit.

Back
Top Bottom