What's new

India-Australia Summit: PM Scott likely to announce Rs 1500 crore investment in India

FIrst of all, you do know Evergrande is suspended for Trade for a second time last year?

Secondly, unless you are telling me you are the CFO for Evergrande, we all don't know shit about the fiscal responsibility for Evergrande. Even with monthly earning statement and internal profit call, these can be, let's say, less than truthful, this is not the first time, nor the last time.

And I believe, due to the circumstance, it was because of the ore price hike putting them out of business, you believe that'e because they are too lazy to do the work they are contracted to do, I am okay with that, I don't need to proof anything to you as I am not trying to argue this in a court of law, I am stating my opinion, as your stating your, unless you can proof Evergrande demise is due to their laziness. That remain your opinion.

You made the original claim, not me. I only have the burden of providing reasonable doubt, you are the one that has to demonstrate a casual link to prove your claim. I don't have to prove anything.

I also never used the word "lazy" except to quote you so plz don't put words in my mouth thanks.

You made the original claim, not me. I only have the burden of providing reasonable doubt, you are the one that has to demonstrate a casual link to prove your claim. I don't have to prove anything.

I also never used the word "lazy" except to quote you so plz don't put words in my mouth thanks.
I did not make a claim, I made an observation. News.Com.Au made a claim.

As I said, if you have a problem about their claim, go ask them about to show you some proof.

This is the same happened to your "Babi Yar Memorial" You post something and said it was not destroyed, and I said it was and the photo is fake, then why you tell me to take it up to the journalist? So when it's you, that's not your responsibility? And when it's me, it's mine. Oh, how convenience.

Okay now, either show me Evergrande simply did not fulfil their contractual obligation, then that REMAIN YOUR OPINION instead of a fact. Is it really that hard to understand?

I did not make a claim, I made an observation. News.Com.Au made a claim.

As I said, if you have a problem about their claim, go ask them about to show you some proof.

This is the same happened to your "Babi Yar Memorial" You post something and said it was not destroyed, and I said it was and the photo is fake, then why you tell me to take it up to the journalist? So when it's you, that's not your responsibility? And when it's me, it's mine. Oh, how convenience.

Okay now, either show me Evergrande simply did not fulfil their contractual obligation, then that REMAIN YOUR OPINION instead of a fact. Is it really that hard to understand?

I put your original quote down here. You never provided the evidence for your assertion. This was the original assertion, it is quite clear that you are making the claim.

China try to push us out by banning the import of Australia Iron Ore, Coal and Bauxite because we supported a universal investigation of COVID origin in China. That back fired with them. Not us.

Again

I will play you in our exchange about Babi Yar Memorial

Go talk to New.Com.Au

And well, at least I have proven the photo is a fake in the Babi Yar thing.

Again

I will play you in our exchange about Babi Yar Memorial

Go talk to New.Com.Au

And well, at least I have proven the photo is a fake in the Babi Yar thing.

The article still doesn't say what you said it said: that higher steel costs was the primary cause for Evergrande liquidity crisis. It said the other way around: weaker demand in China could cause earnings to decline in Australia.

In fact the article says exactly what I said it said: that it was instead caused by the Three Red Lines policy in August 2020.

It comes amid a broader squeeze by Beijing on the country’s out-of-control property market.

President Xi Jinping last year introduced a new set of rules, known as the “three red lines”, defining strict borrowing limits in a bid to rein in the sector’s ballooning debt.

Not only does your article not support your claim, it supports my doubts.

The article still doesn't say what you said it said: that higher steel costs was the primary cause for Evergrande liquidity crisis. It said the other way around: weaker demand in China could cause earnings to decline in Australia.

In fact the article says exactly what I said it said: that it was instead caused by the Three Red Lines policy in August 2020.

Not only does your article not support your claim, it supports my doubts.
Dude, it said High Ore Cost.

I never said it was steel, you said it was steel.

The collapse of Chinese property giant Evergrande may kick off another “lost decade” for Australia, marked by stagnant wage growth, a falling Aussie dollar, budget deficits and tax increases.
But rather than a Lehman Brothers-style financial contagion, Evergrande’s default instead marks a major structural adjustment to the Chinese economy, experts say. It is likely to lead to a restructuring that will see foreign investors hit hard but domestic lenders, customers and suppliers protected to a degree.

In Australia, the biggest loser will be our iron ore exports, which brought in $149 billion last financial year.

“The good news is you’re not going to have an acute crisis, but the longer-term trade-off is very bad, because you’re going to have a chronic wind-down in all the commodity demand that matters to Australia,” said David Llewellyn-Smith, chief strategist at MB Fund and founding publisher of MacroBusiness.

“Iron ore and coking coal are the two obvious ones, but other metals as well that are very in demand in that sector such as copper, some nickel, things like that. China has built an enormous steel sector in part to service this construction economy that was a one-off.”

State of the Nation Survey
AMP Capital chief economist Dr Shane Oliver agreed that the property-fuelled Chinese growth phase had “run its course”, but he was not as pessimistic about the implications for Australia.

“If Chinese property grinds to a halt that’s a huge negative for Australia, but that seems unlikely to me,” he said.

Rather than a “dead stop”, he predicts a longer-term fall in demand for Australian commodities to fuel the construction industry will be partially taken up by the need for some of the same materials in green energy technologies.

“The world is moving to decarbonise, which means masses of demand for other commodities Australia produces such as copper and other metals,” he said.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Evergrande officially in default

Evergrande, the world’s most indebted property developer with liabilities of more than $US300 billion ($A420 billion), was officially declared in default by ratings agency Fitch overnight after missing a key overseas bond interest payment this week.

At least 10 smaller, but still sizeable Chinese property developers have defaulted on bond payments since the summer.

It comes amid a broader squeeze by Beijing on the country’s out-of-control property market.

President Xi Jinping last year introduced a new set of rules, known as the “three red lines”, defining strict borrowing limits in a bid to rein in the sector’s ballooning debt.

New residential developments in the Nanchuan area of Xining, Qinghai province. Picture: Qilai Shen/Bloomberg

New residential developments in the Nanchuan area of Xining, Qinghai province. Picture: Qilai Shen/Bloomberg
While Chinese authorities are taking steps to soften the blow domestically – the People’s Bank of China has sought to curb the currency by raising the required ratio on bank foreign exchange holdings, but has declined to raise interest rates – the three red lines policy, which has largely driven the deleveraging, remains intact.

“So in other words they’re doing it on purpose,” Mr Llewellyn-Smith said.

He described it as a “managed process” rather than a market panic.

“We know that because Chinese policymakers are doing only just enough to keep it going without it turning into a major economic accident. The fact they’ve let Evergrande go under is the ultimate evidence they want it to go under – they want all of their Evergrandes to go under, because they want to stop overbuilding in the economy.”

He added Beijing knew that letting the property sector run was “simply setting themselves up for a much bigger accident in the not-too-distant future”.

A 2020 study authored by Harvard economist Kenneth Rogoff and Beijing Tsinghua University economist Yuanchen Yang found that real estate related activities accounted for 28.7 per cent of Chinese GDP in 2016.

Dr Oliver pointed out that Evergrande had only defaulted on its offshore debt, which was only about 10 per cent of its total, and domestically the company only accounted for about 0.1 per cent of total bank lending.

“Chinese authorities probably won’t allow it to default on its debt to domestic Chinese borrowers, and I think they’ll try to protect customers and suppliers,” he said.

“I don’t think the Chinese authorities are prepared to let this cause a collapse in the Chinese economy. It looks to me like foreign investors will take a bit of a bath, which is bad for them but not debilitating for the global economy.”

Future of Australia-China trade relations

Australia has been hit with brutal trade sanctions by China over the past 18 months on some $20 billion worth of exports ranging from wine and lobsters to barley and cotton.

But overall dollar value in trade remained largely unaffected, as China continued to buy record amounts of iron ore and liquefied natural gas at record prices.

A major restructuring of China’s economy will put an end that grace period.

The Australian housing market will likely escape unscathed. Picture: David Swift/NCA NewsWire

The Australian housing market will likely escape unscathed. Picture: David Swift/NCA NewsWire
“Letting Evergrande go under in this managed process is an exemplar of their determination to slow their economy permanently in the areas most important to Australia,” Mr Llewellyn-Smith said.

“It appears the base case is we’ll avoid a Lehman-style crisis, but instead China will become like Greece for Europe after the GFC, it’ll be restructured permanently. It’s therefore a structural challenge to the Australian economy.”

Challenges ahead for Aussie economy

The loss of billions of dollars in commodity income will wipe out Australia’s current trade surpluses and current account surpluses.

That’s bad news long-term for the Aussie dollar.

“It will be a huge hit to nominal growth,” Mr Llewellyn-Smith said.

“It will weigh very heavily on incomes, it’ll be very difficult to get wage rises, the budget will get hammered, you face the possibility of tax hikes to try to substitute for falling corporate revenue. It doesn’t have to be a catastrophe, but it means another lost decade. Most likely it will be another decade of bleeding out of living standards, which is what we faced after the last commodity crash.”

The Australian property market will be largely unaffected, however.

Interest rates, which have been at record lows for years and had been tipped to rise some time in 2022, are likely to remain steady in this scenario.

Pete Wargent, co-founder of buyer’s agent network BuyersBuyers, said domestic factors tended to be the key driver for the housing market, and that the impact of Evergrande’s collapse on local sentiment was “not zero, but it’s pretty close”.

He said the prospect of record low interest rates for even longer could spur more activity in the market.

There are now record numbers of scheduled auctions and listings have surged again in Sydney and Melbourne.

Mr Wargent suggested buyers were taking advantage of the “window of opportunity” before immigration picks up again.

More Coverage​

China crisis: What happens next?Evergrande misses debt repayment
“People are thinking they want to get something bought before 200,000 visa holders show up,” he said.

Read the Red High Lighted part.

Last edited:
Evergrande doesn't buy ore. The only use for iron ore is steel making.

The collapse of Chinese property giant Evergrande may kick off another “lost decade” for Australia, marked by stagnant wage growth, a falling Aussie dollar, budget deficits and tax increases.
But rather than a Lehman Brothers-style financial contagion, Evergrande’s default instead marks a major structural adjustment to the Chinese economy, experts say. It is likely to lead to a restructuring that will see foreign investors hit hard but domestic lenders, customers and suppliers protected to a degree.

In Australia, the biggest loser will be our iron ore exports, which brought in $149 billion last financial year.

“The good news is you’re not going to have an acute crisis, but the longer-term trade-off is very bad, because you’re going to have a chronic wind-down in all the commodity demand that matters to Australia,” said David Llewellyn-Smith, chief strategist at MB Fund and founding publisher of MacroBusiness.

“Iron ore and coking coal are the two obvious ones, but other metals as well that are very in demand in that sector such as copper, some nickel, things like that. China has built an enormous steel sector in part to service this construction economy that was a one-off.”

AMP Capital chief economist Dr Shane Oliver agreed that the property-fuelled Chinese growth phase had “run its course”, but he was not as pessimistic about the implications for Australia.

“If Chinese property grinds to a halt that’s a huge negative for Australia, but that seems unlikely to me,” he said.

Rather than a “dead stop”, he predicts a longer-term fall in demand for Australian commodities to fuel the construction industry will be partially taken up by the need for some of the same materials in green energy technologies.

“The world is moving to decarbonise, which means masses of demand for other commodities Australia produces such as copper and other metals,” he said.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Evergrande, the world’s most indebted property developer with liabilities of more than $US300 billion ($A420 billion), was officially declared in default by ratings agency Fitch overnight after missing a key overseas bond interest payment this week.

At least 10 smaller, but still sizeable Chinese property developers have defaulted on bond payments since the summer.

While Chinese authorities are taking steps to soften the blow domestically – the People’s Bank of China has sought to curb the currency by raising the required ratio on bank foreign exchange holdings, but has declined to raise interest rates – the three red lines policy, which has largely driven the deleveraging, remains intact.

“We know that because Chinese policymakers are doing only just enough to keep it going without it turning into a major economic accident. The fact they’ve let Evergrande go under is the ultimate evidence they want it to go under – they want all of their Evergrandes to go under, because they want to stop overbuilding in the economy.”

He added Beijing knew that letting the property sector run was “simply setting themselves up for a much bigger accident in the not-too-distant future”.

A 2020 study authored by Harvard economist Kenneth Rogoff and Beijing Tsinghua University economist Yuanchen Yang found that real estate related activities accounted for 28.7 per cent of Chinese GDP in 2016.

Dr Oliver pointed out that Evergrande had only defaulted on its offshore debt, which was only about 10 per cent of its total, and domestically the company only accounted for about 0.1 per cent of total bank lending.

“Chinese authorities probably won’t allow it to default on its debt to domestic Chinese borrowers, and I think they’ll try to protect customers and suppliers,” he said.

“I don’t think the Chinese authorities are prepared to let this cause a collapse in the Chinese economy. It looks to me like foreign investors will take a bit of a bath, which is bad for them but not debilitating for the global economy.”

Australia has been hit with brutal trade sanctions by China over the past 18 months on some $20 billion worth of exports ranging from wine and lobsters to barley and cotton.

But overall dollar value in trade remained largely unaffected, as China continued to buy record amounts of iron ore and liquefied natural gas at record prices.

“Letting Evergrande go under in this managed process is an exemplar of their determination to slow their economy permanently in the areas most important to Australia,” Mr Llewellyn-Smith said.

“It appears the base case is we’ll avoid a Lehman-style crisis, but instead China will become like Greece for Europe after the GFC, it’ll be restructured permanently. It’s therefore a structural challenge to the Australian economy.”

The loss of billions of dollars in commodity income will wipe out Australia’s current trade surpluses and current account surpluses.

“It will weigh very heavily on incomes, it’ll be very difficult to get wage rises, the budget will get hammered, you face the possibility of tax hikes to try to substitute for falling corporate revenue. It doesn’t have to be a catastrophe, but it means another lost decade. Most likely it will be another decade of bleeding out of living standards, which is what we faced after the last commodity crash.”

Interest rates, which have been at record lows for years and had been tipped to rise some time in 2022, are likely to remain steady in this scenario.

Pete Wargent, co-founder of buyer’s agent network BuyersBuyers, said domestic factors tended to be the key driver for the housing market, and that the impact of Evergrande’s collapse on local sentiment was “not zero, but it’s pretty close”.

He said the prospect of record low interest rates for even longer could spur more activity in the market.

There are now record numbers of scheduled auctions and listings have surged again in Sydney and Melbourne.

Mr Wargent suggested buyers were taking advantage of the “window of opportunity” before immigration picks up again.

More Coverage​

“People are thinking they want to get something bought before 200,000 visa holders show up,” he said.

And again, take it to News.Com.Au.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

More Coverage​

And again, take it to News.Com.Au.

None of that said Evergrande buys ore.

None of that said Evergrande buys ore.
Dude, it's English, do I need to spell it out for you?

China want to kerb the use of Iron Ore and Coal, so they curb the building by doing the 3 red line.

The last line

Letting Evergrande go under in this managed process is an exemplar of their determination to slow their economy permanently in the areas most important to Australia,” Mr Llewellyn-Smith said.

suggested the Chinese Government let Evergrande go bust is because it would permanently damage the area most important to Australia, in case you are wondering, that's mineral industry. Unless you are claiming those building in China or Evergrande is the area most important to Australia, that does not make sense.

And again, if you don't agree with what the writer said, go write to New.Com.Au

Dude, it's English, do I need to spell it out for you?

China want to kerb the use of Iron Ore and Coal, so they curb the building by doing the 3 red line.

The last line

Letting Evergrande go under in this managed process is an exemplar of their determination to slow their economy permanently in the areas most important to Australia,” Mr Llewellyn-Smith said.

suggested the Chinese Government let Evergrande go bust is because it would permanently damage the area most important to Australia, in case you are wondering, that's mineral industry. Unless you are claiming those building in China or Evergrande is the most important to Australia, that does not make sense.

And again, if you don't agree with what the writer said, go write to New.Com.Au

News.com.au isn't the one making those assertions. You are. You either are misinterpreting or misunderstanding them.

Ok so you're saying that the three red line policy is related to buying ore. Where does it say that? The article itself said it is for curbing debt not for reducing imports. And the policy predates the sanctions.

News.com.au isn't the one making those assertions. You are. You either are misinterpreting or misunderstanding them.

Ok so you're saying that the three red line policy is related to buying ore. Where does it say that? The article itself said it is for curbing debt not for reducing imports. And the policy predates the sanctions.
Okay, then do tell me what this line said

If you think I am misinterpreted?

What is IN THE AREAS MOST IMPORTANT TO AUSTRALIA? Does he mean curbing Chinese debt is the area most imortant to Australia? Or the Real Estate Developer in China default on bond is the area most important to Australia?

Bear in mine, the writer mentioned Iron and Coal 3 times before this line. 4 if you counted the original headline.

Evergrande build building in China, so what is so god damn important to Australia? Dude, even my 5 years old niece know that the article imply the Iron Ore and Coal industry. You are unbelievable.

Last edited:
$2 billion is decent amount.
1 crore = 10 million or 10,000,000.

1500 crores = 15000 million = 15 billion in rupees.

15,000,000,000 in rupees divided by 76 for USD conversion.

And that gives us roughly $200 million. Tried to make it as easy as i can and yes $200 million is also a decent amount for Indians.

Thread is about India and Australia and all the world from China to Pakistan getting orgasm. Lol what a pity ?

1 crore = 10 million or 10,000,000.

1500 crores = 15000 million = 15 billion in rupees.

15,000,000,000 in rupees divided by 76 for USD conversion.

And that gives us roughly $200 million. Tried to make it as easy as i can and yes $200 million is also a decent amount for Indians.

Yes it will help us to survive for a month without thinking of IMF.

Okay, then do tell me what this line said

If you think I am misinterpreted?

What is IN THE AREAS MOST IMPORTANT TO AUSTRALIA? Does he mean curbing Chinese debt is the area most imortant to Australia? Or the Real Estate Developer in China default on bond is the area most important to Australia?

Bear in mine, the writer mentioned Iron and Coal 3 times before this line. 4 if you counted the original headline.

Evergrande build building in China, so what is so god damn important to Australia? Dude, even my 5 years old niece know that the article imply the Iron Ore and Coal industry. You are unbelievable.

You made the claim that the three red lines policy is sanctions related. It isn't.

You made the claim that Evergrande liquidity crisis is because of high ore prices. It isn't. The article says the exact opposite: that if Evergrande goes down it's bad for Australian ore, not good.

2 claims debunked. Ez pz.

Back
Top Bottom