What's new

Saudis May Buy Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer

Uncle Sam sucking up Stupid Arab's cash by lining up useless toys Or perhaps some sexy underaged prostitutes too(who BTW just want to earn enough money to barely pay for there collage.)
If only Those Obese Saudis could have invested more money to inhabitate Planet Mars or Clean Energy . . . . ******

Can_t+Tell+if+Trolling.jpg

Saudi Arabia have one of the stabelist economies in the world it can easly get Russian British and American engineers to design and tech us how ti make weapons.

The Saudi forum keeps buzZing every couple of weeks with new weapons made in Saudi Arabia but I rather wait for the planned defence show that will be held in 2012 ti show case them at the time and then I will make the thread about it myself.

King abdullah is not king fahad who was along with the entire sidiri part of the monarchy extremely pro-American. We know our rulers better than outsiders who claim they know everything just from first glance. Saudi Arabia already has a plan to be self suffecient regarding the military in the coming years.

Mercedes Benz has a factory in Iran and all the workers, managers etc... are Iranian. But at the end of the day we're assembling a German made product.
Does that make Mercedes benz Iranian? lol

In your case, even the workers and managers are non-saudi. Give me a break man. Assembling foreign designed products isn't worth 2 cents. There is no future in it.

Mercedes Benz has a factory in Iran and all the workers, managers etc... are Iranian. But at the end of the day we're assembling a German made product.
Does that make Mercedes benz Iranian? lol

In your case, even the workers and managers are non-saudi. Give me a break man. Assembling foreign designed products isn't worth 2 cents. There is no future in it.

And because you assemble cars from other countries you have gained enough experience to establish the "Khodro" car line. There are steps to achieve everything my friend. You have to walk up the stairs.

And this notion of no saudis working in factories and no mangers and stuff then where do all the saudis work??? Oooooh thats right the Saudi brain is incapable of processing information because of the Arab gene was that it??

2 of my friends work in a chemical factory as chemical engineers.....yeah thats right...Saudis CAN think.

And because you assemble cars from other countries you have gained enough experience to establish the "Khodro" car line. There are steps to achieve everything my friend. You have to walk up the stairs.

And this notion of no saudis working in factories and no mangers and stuff then where do all the saudis work??? Oooooh thats right the Saudi brain is incapable of processing information because of the Arab gene was that it??

2 of my friends work in a chemical factory as chemical engineers.....yeah thats right...Saudis CAN think.

every human can think, nobody is saying you're dumb!
You can't deny that your country's system is unique in this world. Above 30 percent foreign workers, practically no females in the work force and low productivity rates. Oil money is the reason you're growing.

And Irankhodro was founded in 1962 with the cooperationg of the Brits and yes we were only assembling cars for a long time.

1) I would like to believe that KSA is much more advanced than the Iran of 1962

2) Irankhodro only became a proper car company after the revolution. I don't have the numbers from the pre-rev era but look at these:

in 1997 they broke their record of 111,111 cars produced
by 2006 Iran Khodro was producing 550,000
774,965 units of passenger cars and commercial vehicles in 2010
850 thousand cars in 2011

do you see the pattern? They only got to where they are now after they started standing on their own legs. The cars are becoming better and better each year. I remember the Peykans they produced when I was a kid, the word awful is an under-statement. Now they're producing cars like Dena.
They have officially become the world's fastest growing car company in history. In the future, they will be a giant.

KSA doesn't need Abdullah. KSA needs a cultural revolution. I said this before, KSA needs to pick its own niche and ban foreign products in that niche and start producing it. Kind of like an artificial sanction. Oil won't be here forever and I don't see how building universities or a few assembly lines going to replace 300 billion dollars of oil that KSA is producing now. Just imagine this, KSA exports 4 times more oil than Iran. When oil runs out, it will hit you guys HARDDDDD unless you can immidiately export something else instead. Right now Iran is more or less in the same shoe as KSA but the pattern is set. This year they will double last year's non oil exports of 20 billion (40 billion this year) and they want to make it 60 billion by 2015. The only way to do that is produce, even if it's junk. You can still export to Iraq or African countries lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran is planning to make its own destroyer, but we cant buy them from anyone unlike the saudis. and its hard since iran cant even buy raw materials off anyone.

True, the self-reliance is important, and you will get stronger and more independent once you succeed it.

every human can think, nobody is saying you're dumb!
You can't deny that your country's system is unique in this world. Above 30 percent foreign workers, practically no females in the work force and low productivity rates. Oil money is the reason you're growing.

And Irankhodro was founded in 1962 with the cooperationg of the Brits and yes we were only assembling cars for a long time.

1) I would like to believe that KSA is much more advanced than the Iran of 1962

2) Irankhodro only became a proper car company after the revolution. I don't have the numbers from the pre-rev era but look at these:

in 1997 they broke their record of 111,111 cars produced
by 2006 Iran Khodro was producing 550,000
774,965 units of passenger cars and commercial vehicles in 2010
850 thousand cars in 2011

do you see the pattern? They only got to where they are now after they started standing on their own legs. The cars are becoming better and better each year. I remember the Peykans they produced when I was a kid, the word awful is an under-statement. Now they're producing cars like Dena.
They have officially become the world's fastest growing car company in history. In the future, they will be a giant.

KSA doesn't need Abdullah. KSA needs a cultural revolution. I said this before, KSA needs to pick its own niche and ban foreign products in that niche and start producing it. Kind of like an artificial sanction. Oil won't be here forever and I don't see how building universities or a few assembly lines going to replace 300 billion dollars of oil that KSA is producing now. Just imagine this, KSA exports 4 times more oil than Iran. When oil runs out, it will hit you guys HARDDDDD unless you can immidiately export something else instead. Right now Iran is more or less in the same shoe as KSA but the pattern is set. This year they will double last year's non oil exports of 20 billion (40 billion this year) and they want to make it 60 billion by 2015. The only way to do that is produce, even if it's junk. You can still export to Iraq or African countries lol

We would have to really be the stupidest people of the world if you do not think we are not trying to get away from oil reliance to a more industrial and service based economy. But we were down for 25 years for reasons I explained to you in your page. We are starting late but we are starting and we are starting strong. 2 car manufacturing companies are now building their factories as we speak. one near dammam I think and one near jeddah and you can drive by the construction site on your way from makkah to jeddah it is built a bit far from the road but the new rail station comes close to it so they want to take advantage of that I think.

We have plans to become the (new japan) as one company CEO says. We need time. The infrastructure for this plan is almost complete but give us 4-5 more years. and you will know what I am talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
We would have to really be the stupidest people of the world if you do not think we are not trying to get away from oil reliance to a more industrial and service based economy. But we were down for 25 years for reasons I explained to you in your page. We are starting late but we are starting and we are starting strong. 2 car manufacturing companies are now building their factories as we speak. one near dammam I think and one near jeddah and you can drive by the construction site on your way from makkah to jeddah it is built a bit far from the road but the new rail station comes close to it so they want to take advantage of that I think.

We have plans to become the (new japan) as one company CEO says. We need time. The infrastructure for this plan is almost complete but give us 4-5 more years. and you will know what I am talking about.

Can agree with some parts of your post but no middle eastern country can or will even become a new Japan, sorry thats not happening, Please treat foreign workers with dignity and respect before you even dream of that, which is something that the Japanese pride themselves on. Strong country's are not only made up of infrastructure but a strong working culture also which is a huge problem in all middle eastern countries.

Can agree with some parts of your post but no middle eastern country can or will even become a new Japan, sorry thats not happening, Please treat foreign workers with dignity and respect before you even dream of that, which is something that the Japanese pride themselves on. Strong country's are not only made up of infrastructure but a strong working culture also which is a huge problem in all middle eastern countries.

Recognizing the problem is the first part of solving it. And treatment was worse much worse years back the only reason why such a thing is now so main stream is because "Arabic media" reports it because Saudis themselves see the news and feel angry.

There was a huge campaign after the infamous video is the worker getting hit by that young Saudi to bring him to law it stopped after he died in a car accident . Human Rights in Saudi Arabia is hunting this thing looking for the tiniest bit of such news to spread it and the Saudi Hating world LOVE these news and they also LOVE to stereotype saudis more.

Saying no middle eastern country can "never" be a japan I would have to say as an Arabic poem reads "ستبدي لك الايام ما كنت جاهلا......و يأتيك بالاخبار من لم تززود"
means :The days will revile to you what you are ignorant about (ignorant in this context is not an insult)....and the news will come to you from where you do not expect.

Recognizing the problem is the first part of solving it. And treatment was worse much worse years back the only reason why such a thing is now so main stream is because "Arabic media" reports it because Saudis themselves see the news and feel angry.

There was a huge campaign after the infamous video is the worker getting hit by that young Saudi to bring him to law it stopped after he died in a car accident . Human Rights in Saudi Arabia is hunting this thing looking for the tiniest bit of such news to spread it and the Saudi Hating world LOVE these news and they also LOVE to stereotype saudis more.

Saying no middle eastern country can "never" be a japan I would have to say as an Arabic poem reads "ستبدي لك الايام ما كنت جاهلا......و يأتيك بالاخبار من لم تززود"
means :The days will revile to you what you are ignorant about (ignorant in this context is not an insult)....and the news will come to you from where you do not expect.

I have family and friends in the Middle East so I really know what happens on the inside. Things are as bad as ever and have infact gotten worse after the recent financial meltdown in Dubai. Becoming a Japan requires a whole lot more than just money and infrastructure. I am not stereotyping Sudis but I can also say that India will also never become a Japan as well because our culture is just not like that. The middle eastern culture and way of working is no where near the amount of effort that is mandated by the Japanese way of working. The middle east lacks way behind in women's rights, minorities laws, workplace safety, economic principles and discrimination is rampant. Also being a muslim nation means all sorts of limitations which do no go well with a western corporate culture which will always pull you back. I am not saying the Saudi will not be successful, it will be for sure, but calling it the future Japan is just absurd, You can give me how many quotes you want but the reality will not change because of that. The day I am waiting for is to see what Saudi does when it runs out of oil, then will be your real test.

I have family and friends in the Middle East so I really know what happens on the inside. Things are as bad as ever and have infact gotten worse after the recent financial meltdown in Dubai. Becoming a Japan requires a whole lot more than just money and infrastructure. I am not stereotyping Sudis but I can also say that India will also never become a Japan as well because our culture is just not like that. The middle eastern culture and way of working is no where near the amount of effort that is mandated by the Japanese way of working. The middle east lacks way behind in women's rights, minorities laws, workplace safety, economic principles and discrimination is rampant. Also being a muslim nation means all sorts of limitations which do no go well with a western corporate culture which will always pull you back. I am not saying the Saudi will not be successful, it will be for sure, but calling it the future Japan is just absurd, You can give me how many quotes you want but the reality will not change because of that. The day I am waiting for is to see what Saudi does when it runs out of oil, then will be your real test.

I agree with most of what you say. But I am not talking about UAE I am talking about Saudi Arabia it is like saying Pakistan and Afghanistan are the same just because they are close to each other.

Women rights, Minority law (there isn't anyone here in Saudi Arabia especially the western side of the country has a large Chinese, Russian, African minorities but they are treated as equals with all Saudis and the system treats all Saudis the same. (I am quarter turkish quarter yemeni quarter ethnic Saudi and quarter Egyptian) Workplace safety, I don't know about I volunteer alot for ER work and stuff and it is very rare to have a work place accident.

Discrimination is not as glorified as most people make it to be. In my university we have Doctors from all around the world they are all treated the same I have a pakistani teacher who is also my friend and we talk alot I asked him about it and he said not once during his 7 years stay here was he felt discriminated against. And that is what he told me.

Being a muslim nation and being a "real" muslim nation is different. In the past people had more freedom that they do now. During abbasyid rule Arabic was the language of science because most science was done in Arabic in Al-Andalus people used water fausts for hot and cold water in the 15th or 16th century and they even had a water system for every home. Abbas Bin fernas created an airplane to try and fly. But now however people mistake these days with those days. We went behind but things are changing.

I agree with most of what you say. But I am not talking about UAE I am talking about Saudi Arabia it is like saying Pakistan and Afghanistan are the same just because they are close to each other.

Women rights, Minority law (there isn't anyone here in Saudi Arabia especially the western side of the country has a large Chinese, Russian, African minorities but they are treated as equals with all Saudis and the system treats all Saudis the same. (I am quarter turkish quarter yemeni quarter ethnic Saudi and quarter Egyptian) Workplace safety, I don't know about I volunteer alot for ER work and stuff and it is very rare to have a work place accident.

Discrimination is not as glorified as most people make it to be. In my university we have Doctors from all around the world they are all treated the same I have a pakistani teacher who is also my friend and we talk alot I asked him about it and he said not once during his 7 years stay here was he felt discriminated against. And that is what he told me.

Being a muslim nation and being a "real" muslim nation is different. In the past people had more freedom that they do now. During abbasyid rule Arabic was the language of science because most science was done in Arabic in Al-Andalus people used water fausts for hot and cold water in the 15th or 16th century and they even had a water system for every home. Abbas Bin fernas created an airplane to try and fly. But now however people mistake these days with those days. We went behind but things are changing.

I want things to change for sure, I am not against any Middle eastern nation but that change will take time and change must also be present in the attitude that Saudis carry in regards to muslims of other nations which till now is pretty bad. A strong middle east is good for the world, but strength must not only be economical but social as well. Japan is not only economically strong but has a very strong and honor filled culture to go along with that. While I can see some positive change, the problems are still largely being swept under the carpet. Let us see what happens, only time will tell I guess.

Let us see what happens, only time will tell I guess.

"ستبدي لك الايام ما كنت جاهلا......و يأتيك بالاخبار من لم تززود"

Back
Top Bottom