What's new

Saudis May Buy Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer

The shah of Iran had the most powerful military in the ME with an airforce that made your jaw drop!
when Iraq attacked, we were isolated and because we couldn't produce amunition or fix these toys, they became pretty much useless. Fast forward to today. What we have we can produce on mass and make unlimited numbers of. We're not constrained to outside forces.

KSA can buy whatever she wants but they are only useful as long as the US is supporting her. The minute the US throws in the towel, this will become a museum peace. The US will be here for at least another decade, maybe two, but once it leaves, it will no longer have any reason to support all these sheikhdoms.

@ Arabian Knight
you commented on the name of "persian"
Persian is the English word for Parsi. Are you telling me that we're not allowed to call ourselves parsi/persian? That's like saying you're not allowed to call yourself Arab!!! That's our ethnicity and language. Same as somebody calling him/herself a Tork or Arab.

BTW whats SHAH and IRAN doing in saudi thread? you guys feel mad when they buy any thing just because of hate?its their money and they are free to use .

what is the difference between a destroyer and a frigate?

Destroyers are big and heavily armed compared to frigates...
displacement well OVER 6000 tons!
this destroyer carries 96 tomahawk cruise missiles, SM-3 anti-ballistic missiles, harpoon, RIM-162 SAM system and many more!
where, a frigate would normally carry 8 anti-ship missiles, and short or medium range SAM system

BTW whats SHAH and IRAN doing in saudi thread? you guys feel mad when they buy any thing just because of hate?its their money and they are free to use .
Einstein, they are not buying these weapons to fight their people are they? There is no denying the fact that iin the year 2011, Iran and Saudi Arabia don't see eye to eye and KSA is actively buying weapons to counter the Iran "threat." That's why you see Iranians reacting. It's the same as Indians and Pakistanis reacting to each other's weapons purchases.

I also compared the late shah and his spending habits to the current Saudi leadership and their similar spending habits. Nobody is "mad." lmao
how old are you?

what about subs? Does KSA have any subs and are there any purchases planned?

@ Arabian Knight
you commented on the name of "persian"
Persian is the English word for Parsi. Are you telling me that we're not allowed to call ourselves parsi/persian? That's like saying you're not allowed to call yourself Arab!!! That's our ethnicity and language. Same as somebody calling him/herself a Tork or Arab.

dude, you're off the point .
my response was on the guy who posted here under the name PERSIAN .
i was not protesting his name but rather commenting on his stupid post

Brother are you really waiting for " Saladin" ? Its been more than 80 years since they occupied Palestinians land and killing innocent peoples, children's . women's and Arab's still waiting for Saladin. I am not Anti-Arabs nor Saudi's in fact Saudi Arabia is second home. Action speak louder than words. Hope you understand my point.

regards
Jailer

dude, you're off the point .
my response was on the guy who posted here under the name PERSIAN .
i was not protesting his name but rather commenting on his stupid post
my bad, but your comment about us living in the past made me think that you're referring to the name "persian."

my bad, but your comment about us living in the past made me think that you're referring to the name "persian."

that's ok .
it's just every time I encounter any iranians on the Internet I find them obsessed with the Sassanid Empire ( which was a great empire at the time, no doubt about that ) and I have no problem with people taking pride in their history but the problem is , that this obsession is almost always tied in with hatred for the Arabs and Arabian people in particular . And I find this to be extremely unhealthy and annoying .. you know to have a grudge over this issue ( the destruction of the empire by the Arabs ) after more than 1400 freaking years .

Brother are you really waiting for " Saladin" ? Its been more than 80 years since they occupied Palestinians land and killing innocent peoples, children's . women's and Arab's still waiting for Saladin. I am not Anti-Arabs nor Saudi's in fact Saudi Arabia is second home. Action speak louder than words. Hope you understand my point.

regards
Jailer

I was not saying that we need a new Saladin .. my point is that the long term future of Israel is bleak . Israel ( a state of 5 million jews ) can not keep on supporting it self by it self for a long time when it's surrounded by a sea of ethnically and religiously different people ( Arabs ) .. it just can't . it has to either vanish or assimilate it self into the wider arab world .

And what's 80 years in the lives of nations and countries ? nothing .

that's ok .
it's just every time I encounter an iranian on the Internet I find them obsessed with the Sassanid Empire ( which was a great empire at the time, no doubt about that ) and I have no problem with people taking pride in their history but the problem is , that this obsession is almost always tied in with hatred for the Arabs and Arabian people in particular . And I find this to be extremely unhealthy and annoying .. you know to have a grudge over this issue ( the destruction of the empire by the Arabs ) after more than 1400 freaking years .
actually, when Iranians take pride in their pre-Islamic history, they're almost always referring to the Achemenid dynasty not the sassanid dynasty. The Iranian society under the Achemenid dynasty was a much more progressive society then the one under the sassanid empire. Don't wanna bore you to death so I'll make it short. The sassanids were a Zoroastrian version of the Islamic republic (much worse actually).

And I don't see how anybody here referred to Iran's pre-Islamic empires! Persian made an insulting comment and another Iranian member talked about Hamas. Nothing about the sassanids etc...

Persian's comment shouldn't be looked at in a vaccume btw. When you look at it in context, you can undestand his anger. KSA has asked the US to bomb Iran and has even allowed Israel to use its airspace against Iran. You guys are also buying weapons as if Iran is a super power and you need to get ready for an un-avoidable and inevitable future invasion!!!! Iran's military budget is less than its education and health budgets. It's tiny and has been like this for decades. I don't understand why KSA sees Iran as a threat lol
If you're concerned about the nuke issue then it's the same case. Do you think Iran is going to nuke Meccah and Medina?

I don't know .
I guess since Iran operates Russian subs .. they wanted to go for western subs ? I really don't know .

Dealing with the Russians is a pain in the ***. I guess when you have other options, it's better to avoid them. But a bunch of subs will go well with this destroyer.

Back
Top Bottom