What's new

Saudis May Buy Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer

US is down 13,000,000,000,000 dollars

So they need to sell 10-50 destroyers , 100-200 planes , 1-2 aircraft carriers and alot of cars

Saudi Arabia should buy these equipment and should also focus on training

A beautiful looking thing, undoubtedly. But I think the money could have been better spent on something else. It's about time our saudi brothers realized Iran is not a direct threat to KSA. Especially as long as the USA has her armies babysitting the royal family. And even if we ever acquired nukes, you really think we will risk harming Makkah Madina? Come on man! Stop feeding the US military industry and focus on becoming self reliant. As long as you have oil, the west will not allow so much as a scratch on you. Before oil runs out, use this period wisely. Instead of just buying fancy toys set up the industry to produce them on your own. So when the west abandons you, you can churn out your own toys if need be without crying for help.

A beautiful looking thing, undoubtedly. But I think the money could have been better spent on something else. It's about time our saudi brothers realized Iran is not a direct threat to KSA. Especially as long as the USA has her armies babysitting the royal family. And even if we ever acquired nukes, you really think we will risk harming Makkah Madina? Come on man! Stop feeding the US military industry and focus on becoming self reliant. As long as you have oil, the west will not allow so much as a scratch on you. Before oil runs out, use this period wisely. Instead of just buying fancy toys set up the industry to produce them on your own. So when the west abandons you, you can churn out your own toys if need be without crying for help.
For your kind information Saudi Arabia has already started establishing its own defense industry and have started producing some good weapons but sir even if Iran is not a threat Isreal what they are doing is just using the name of Iran to get weapons and technology

weapons getting is good whatever the argument is from west .but the problem is how much technology transfer the Saudis can expect from west and how much they can absorb .

weapons getting is good whatever the argument is from west .but the problem is how much technology transfer the Saudis can expect from west and how much they can absorb .

This is what I am afraid of. Lately we have had tons of technology transfer in such a very short time i doubt we even have enough scientists to handle all the tech transfer we are getting.

In one week we started a JV for an AESA radar and bought UAV technology from the Ukraine. If we really finish all of these things together we would have technology comparable to the west. But as I said I doubt we have enough scientists to handle all these things. We had the french Ceaser ToT and the russian BMP-3 ToT also with all of them being assembled in KSA with a starting production of 20% of its components inside the kingdom and by the end 90% of its components.

Saudis May Buy Selex
". The contracts with the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology cover the delivery of Picosar and e-scan technologies for joint research, development and demonstration purposes."
Wikileak : Ukraine transferred UAV technology to Saudi Arabia, possibly ballistic missile technology, page 1 (The wikileaks about it closed recently so I can not bring that here so I put this forum thread which pretty much copied and pasted this thing" MTCR Category 1 for Saudi Arabia.

CAESAR self-propelled howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"In 2006, GIAT announced a 76-unit sale plus a 4-unit option to an unspecified foreign customer which was rumoured to be Saudi Arabia.[4] The 4 optional units became firm sales on January 2007. The two first units will be assembled in France as the 78 other ones will be assembled in Saudi Arabia"
"Russia has also launched a project to deliver the BMP-3 armored combat vehicle to the Saudi Army. The sources said the contract also included technology transfer and coproduction"

Back
Top Bottom