What's new

Saudi to turn to India, Sri Lanka for housemaids

Let certain Indian members vent out their frustration these Indian maids no matter what are going to Saudi Arabia for work, and will have a better standard of living as well. Not like they ever cared for these women.

Let certain Indian members vent out their frustration these Indian maids no matter what are going to Saudi Arabia for work, and will have a better standard of living as well. Not like they ever cared for these women.

u sure ur in US?:what:

@Aeronaut - I tried to be very objective here regarding the topic and never intended to mention Pakistan but Imran Khan and @Yzd Khalifa unnecessary brought bangladesh bashing on the topic and even used Arabic to give it spice and against forum rules. Despite repeated attack I tried to be objective and defend what they brought in.

I didn't bash you in any sense, and I dare you to prove that I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
showing you true picture of labor market is not bashing at all . ask them abut my damn claims if you can .

Let us deal with our own problem. If you cant compete with our worker then its your problem not ours. Our people still send more money from KSA than so called well off better paid Pakistanis.

Thanks

So I understand that you fail to provide a proof for your imaginative claim that I was bashing the BD? Good :)

still waiting prove of his claim - saudi arabia has 2 million Bangladeshi workers .

YZD we are wasting time and energy with him . i am out .

It always helps to know little history.. even if you did not have a formal education

Rohingyas in KSA must forgo Bangladeshi passports

Hundreds of thousands of the Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar received Bangladeshi passports not by fraudulent means, but by a military regime, which granted them passports in violation of its law that prohibits such practice, officials said.

Issuing of Bangladeshi passports to foreign nationals over the years has become counterproductive for the country, as the wage earning Bangladeshis and the country have to shoulder the bad name of the criminal activities committed by the Rohingyas in the Middle East.

This bad name is also affecting Bangladesh’s image in the global labour market that is contributing heavily to the country’s economy in the form of remittance. Currently, the expatriates send over $15bn as remittance every year.

In 1978-79, Major General Ziaur Rahman, founder of the main opposition party BNP, ordered for issuing passports to the Arakanese Muslims who fled to Bangladesh as the military junta in the former Burma Ne Win launched a crackdown named “Operation King Gragon” in 1978.

In 1982, the then Burmese government also revoked their nationality, making them stateless.

The operation resulted in an influx of thousands of Rohingya Muslims to Bangladesh.

Upon request from the then Saudi government, Dhaka and Islamabad came forward to rescue the Muslims persecuted by the majority Buddhists in the Burmese state of Arakan, on the other side of the Cox’s Bazar border.

Foreign ministry officials said the then Bangladesh president Maj Gen Ziaur Rahman and Pakistan president Gen Zia-ul-Haq promised the Saudi King that they would give passports to the Rohingyas, enabling them to fly to the kingdom via Bangladesh and Pakistan respectively.

However, no official record is available regarding the number of Rohingya Muslims who got Bangladeshi passports during Ziaur Rahman’s rule.

Expatriates’ Welfare Minister Mosharraf Hossain has recently said around 500,000 Rohingyas are living in Saudi Arabia with Bangladeshi passports.

In Saudi Arabia, the Bangladeshi community is the largest [2 million] among all foreign nationals.

“Pakistan gave them passports with a BM [Burmese Muslims] code without having recognised them as Pakistan nationals.

But the military ruler [in Bangladesh] issued them passports with Bangladeshi nationality. That was not only a historic mistake, but an offence too,” Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni told the Dhaka Tribune.

“Passports cannot be issued to any foreign national. We are trying to correct the mistake that the then government of the country made,” she said.

Dipu Moni also said the Saudi foreign minister had requested her to issue a document that would strip the Rohingyas of Bangladeshi nationality but would also contain some basic information necessary for their rehabilitation in the Kingdom as Myanmar Muslims.

“We do not want the Rohingya Muslims to suffer, but they must forego Bangladeshi nationality,” Dipu Moni said.

She believes the BNP government persuaded the policy of promoting the Rohingyas to serve their political interests.

The Rohingya Muslims have become a big problem in the greater Chittagong district. They, coupled with various environmental, economic and social problems, have contributed in the changes that have been taking place in the demographic pattern of the region.

Unofficial estimates say over half a million Rohungya Muslims, considered one of the most persecuted nations in the world, have sneaked into Bangladesh since 1992 when the military junta launched the second spell of massive crackdowns on them.
At least 250,000 Rohingya Muslims entered Bangladesh to escape the atrocities perpetrated by the Myanmar military.

In line with a tripartite agreement involving Bangladesh, Myanmar and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, most of them returned to their homeland.

Around 30,000 of the refugees refused to go back and have been living in the camps in Cox’s Bazar since then.

Aid workers say, most of the repatriated Rohingyas have sneaked back into Bangladesh due to economic and security reasons.

Rohingyas in KSA must forgo Bangladeshi passports | Dhaka Tribune

So this Rohingiya maniac was not created by us but the Saudi King himself and now they are trying to push the responsibility on our shoulder. Crimes if any are mostly committed by Rohingiyas who are at the wrong side of immigration law and they do whatever for their own survival. The bonafide BD workers has to bear the burns of them.

Now you listen to cartoon Ghamdi find some one better Mr and don't try to tell me about Ghamdi and what he is because the preaching which he started first two person who started it I mean Ghamdi and that other person is my father and he is still friend of Ghamdi @Secur

How am I supposed to take your word honestly ? :D Please , keep your little childish stories to yourself instead of revealing yourself everywhere .

When you are the sort of person eager and always ready to declare someone ' infidel ' at the drop of a hat just because of mere difference of opinion and point of views :azn: Atleast , that person still talks sense and takes ground realities and facts into account because for the others of the same category , the less said , the better .

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he will find a hate-word over the entire posts of mine in this thread. What matter to me is that we don't appreciate someone talking on our behalf stating that " the Saudis are going to do this and that to the Pakistanis living in KSA " I make no mistake, I do take it personally.

The Bengali community doesn't exceed a 1.3 million these days, while the Pakistani community is 2 millions.

still waiting prove of his claim - saudi arabia has 2 million Bangladeshi workers .

YZD we are wasting time and energy with him . i am out .

How am I supposed to take your word honestly ? :D Please , keep your little childish stories to yourself instead of revealing yourself everywhere .

When you are the sort of person eager and always ready to declare someone ' infidel ' at the drop of a hat just because of mere difference of opinion and point of views :azn: Atleast , that person still talks sense and takes ground realities and facts into account because for the others of the same category , the less said , the better .

Mr go to those who are close to Ghamdi ask who he started his work with for first time he will tell you a name that would be Dr something than come and ask me what is name of my father than I would tell you me he doesn't talk sense he talks bullshit and when Ulemas take on him he backs off on every second thing when Ulemas come in he runs away

Saudi to turn to India, Sri Lanka for housemaids - Emirates 24/7

Saudi Arabia is considering turning to India and Sri Lanka to meet soaring local demand for domestic workers following labour disputes with the Philippines and Indonesia and a decision to suspend hiring maids from Ethiopia.

Indonesia and the Philippines, among the largest maid supplier to the Middle East, have temporarily halted the travel of their domestic workers to Saudi Arabia following disputes over payment, mistreatment of maids by employers and other issues.

Several rounds of negotiations have so far failed to break the deadlock despite concessions by the Gulf Kingdom, including higher salaries for maids.

Saudi Arabia, the largest Arab economy and the world’s top oil exporter, banned the recruitment of Ethiopian housemaids last month following a series of deadly attacks by those maids on their employers.

One maid who killed a little Syrian girl told police she had committed the crime because she “was told so by an occult power.”

“There is a shortage of around 30 per cent in the supply of foreign domestic workers to Saudi Arabia because of the suspension of the recruitment of housemaids from Ethiopia and other countries,” said Mutlaq Al Hazmi, a member of the expatriate labour hiring committee at the Jeddah chamber of commerce and industry.

“There are plans to open the door for hiring domestic workers from India and Sri Lanka. I believe that this will make hiring maids from Indonesia unnecessary,” he was quoted as saying by Saudi newspapers on Wednesday.

Nearly two million housemaids from Asia and Africa work in Saudi Arabia, the largest base for expatriate domestic workers in the Middle East.

Prophet Muhammad , said: “Pay the laborer his wages before his sweat dries.” oops did i say too much exposing the real Muslims that is :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom