What's new

Saudi ‘seeking Pakistan arms for Syrian rebels’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia is selling $hit load of Weapons to the Syrian Regime and no nothing happened to them.
Iran and Pakistan share a long border. It is much easier for Iran to ignite troubles in Pak, than for Syrian rebels to do so to Russia. It is not a good idea to sell weapons to a friendly neighbour's enemy.

If Pak is really looking at it as an export opportunity, as many pakistanis have been trying to paint it, well there are many other states and non state actors to sell to, from Mexican or Colombian cartels to war torn african nations. Why sell to belligerents so close to you?

Especially at a time when Pakistan is about to go to war on its west - would you want Iran clandestinely supplying heavy weapons to rebels in balochistan and waziristan, and see your armored columns get blown up by them, or your helicopters shot down? Wouldd you then accept Iran's justification that they were simply doing business and looking to boost their defence industry?

Iran and Pakistan share a long border. It is much easier for Iran to ignite troubles in Pak, than for Syrian rebels to do so to Russia. It is not a good idea to sell weapons to a friendly neighbour's enemy.

If Pak is really looking at it as an export opportunity, as many pakistanis have been trying to paint it, well there are many other states and non state actors to sell to, from Mexican or Colombian cartels to war torn african nations. Why sell to belligerents so close to you?

Especially at a time when Pakistan is about to go to war on its west - would you want Iran clandestinely supplying heavy weapons to rebels in balochistan and waziristan, and see your armored columns get blown up by them, or your helicopters shot down? Wouldd you then accept Iran's justification that they were simply doing business and looking to boost their defence industry?

I don't see why Indian members should be concerned about it? - the way I see it is.

if Pakistani anti tank and anti aircraft weapons does make it into the hands of the Syrian rebels/Al Nusra/ISIS/Al Qaeda, it will please the Saudi's and Pakistan makes money out of it, but will upset the Iranians, the Syrian regime, the Iraqis and the Russians - it will also upset the Americans and the Israelis.

Couldn't care less.

Pakistan is the one that's lost 40K people, second to Syria itself, to wahabi terrorism. The more they support wahabis, the more they will die. Of course, the leaders of Pakistan are doing this for financial reasons, not ideological reasons. The life of an average pakistani isn't worth much to the eyes of its leaders.

In terms of what it'll get them on the ground, basically nothing. It will prolong the war, which is what we want.

Syrian Army is run by Alawites.

There may be few Junior officers who joined for Economic reasons , many of whom have defected after they saw the true face of Murderous Thug named Assad, who is worst than his Father.

Syrian lion is a lying $OB.

You want to know the true picture watch the International Press which is a unbiased third Party.

Pakistan should support the 85% of Syrian people who are at the receiving end of atrocities committed by this Butcher of Middle East named BASHAR UL ASSAD.

85 % ?!

I just don't get why Rebels don't let a free election happen in Syria . If 85 % of people support the revolution why do rebels worry about Assad taking part in election . Why haven't they accepted to let Syrians choose their future ? ... oh wait , Stone age doesn't have free election and democracy , it only knows the tongue of sword , blood and Jihad .

Stop lying dear friend , Most of the Syrians who still have sanity know that Assad is an angel in comparison with those terrorists who only know how to behead .

I don't see why Indian members should be concerned about it? - the way I see it is.

if Pakistani anti tank and anti aircraft weapons does make it into the hands of the Syrian rebels/Al Nusra/ISIS/Al Qaeda, it will please the Saudi's and Pakistan makes money out of it, but will upset the Iranians, the Syrian regime, the Iraqis and the Russians - it will also upset the Americans and the Israelis.
I'm not concerned as an Indian. It doesn't matter one way or the other to us. I was speaking neutrally.

Why would it upset Americans, who are very much supporting the rebels? And why would it upset Israelis, to whom Assad is no friend either?

I see how arming the rebels has worked so far after 3 years, how this so called 'moral' support of Syrians is ending up killing them.

If you want to arm rebels, do it, but no disrespect dear, all these statements about supporting 'Syrians' morally and all these tirades about caring for Syrians are becoming ridiculous. For God's sake your own country is still suffering from all these random militias on your soil and Pakistani government is still considering negotiating with them, the very same who butcher innocent Pakistanis and now exporting this failed experience to another country is laughable. If Pakistan wants to help Syrians, it should mediate between all sides to stop fighting, because whatever this fighting has brought, it has not helped common Syrians even a little bit and arming rebels will only destroy Syrians more and more.

Assad is not even gone yet and rebels have already killed thousands of each other and still doing it on a daily basis, I can't imagine what all these foreigners will do for power to get a piece of Syrian pie. And btw, FSA is barely existent anymore, it has been swallowed by much more extremist factions by now.

Calm Down

This is just one source reporting this, there is no proof that Pakistan is going to be selling weapons to KSA for the purpose of forwarding it to FSA. We Pakistanis are fighting for our lives here, the last thing we want is to get in involved in another conflict. If you look at Pakistan's posture, it has largely kept itself out of the Syrian conflict and has maintained a neutral stance.

Here is the truth the same people who are saying this is just business are also saying Assad is a butcher :blah: now whether this is true or not is not the point, the point is these people have already chosen a side on this conflict so claiming to want to sell these weapons "just for business" is a fake excuse to try and deflect having to admit what side you are on.

Sell JF17 to the AQ rebels, and manpads to the Syrian government . :rofl::rofl:

No gotta cover your tracks, jf17 to ksa who sends it to aq lol and then manpads to maliki in Baghdad which he will give to Damascus. :lol:

I'm not concerned as an Indian. It doesn't matter one way or the other to us. I was speaking neutrally.

Why would it upset Americans, who are very much supporting the rebels? And why would it upset Israelis, to whom Assad is no friend either?

I too wasn't exclusively pointing you out - it was a general post.

Americans and Israeli's do not want anti aircraft guns and manpads to fall into the hands of the rebels (ISIS, Nusra, FSA..etc etc), these (and most) weapons have a habit of making its way into other troubled areas and into the hands of other extremist groups.

Stay neutral is what we should do

I can't stand Asad or his regime.As for the rebels and "FSA", at this point the crazed Takfiris are calling more of the shots. Could you imagine weapons getting into the hands of people ideologically identical to the TTP.

You don't say......

540_293_resize_20130301_c190ad0f9cee527efbcd54222fbd33a9_jpg.jpg

No gotta cover your tracks, jf17 to ksa who sends it to aq lol and then manpads to maliki in Baghdad which he will give to Damascus. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom