Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

839624-Untitled-1424152028-540-640x480.jpg

If a plane stops still in the air, China would be coming towards Earth, says cleric . PHOTO: ALARABIYA NEWS​

A Saudi cleric in a recent video rejected the theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun and claimed that the opposite is true, Al Arabia News reported.

His statements sparked a wave of social media remarks across the globe.

When a student questioned him about whether the Earth was stationary or moving, Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari responded with “stationary and does not move.”

To support his theory, Khaibari quoted some clerics and chose to present some religious statements. He then used some visuals to further strengthen his argument.

Holding up a sealed water cup, he questioned “First of all, where are we now? We go to Sharjah airport to travel to China by plane, clear? Focus with me, this is Earth,” he said pointing at the sealed cup.

He then argued that if a plane stops still in the air, “China would be coming towards it in case the Earth rotates in one direction. If the Earth rotates in the opposite direction, the plane would never reach China, because China is also rotating,” he explained.

A wave of controversial remarks flooded social media, following the clerics video, so much so that a new hashtag began trending on Twitter: #cleric_rejects_rotation_of_Earth

Several Twitter users ridiculed the cleric for this notion.

Capture.PNG

In an interesting remark, one user tweeted: “What a coincidence that this would occur on Galileo’s birthday!”

Galileo was accused by the church for many of his beliefs including his support for the Copernican theory that the Earth and other planets revolved around the sun.

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun – The Express Tribune

So what? There are many people who believe in many things and not in many others. Is his belief going to change anything for anybody? Is this going to change fundamentals of Islam?

Even my father, a highly educated person, did not believe smoking was bad for his health until he was diagnosed with COPD, despite the fact I kept him telling all along the way. Yes, it would be an issue if he was a medical doctor and still did not believe in harmfulness of smoking.

Last edited:
Holding up a sealed water cup, he questioned “First of all, where are we now? We go to Sharjah airport to travel to China by plane, clear? Focus with me, this is Earth,” he said pointing at the sealed cup.

He then argued that if a plane stops still in the air, “China would be coming towards it in case the Earth rotates in one direction. If the Earth rotates in the opposite direction, the plane would never reach China, because China is also rotating,” he explained.
Revolutionary logic, Sir.
@others you all laugh now but y'all will be proven wrong just like Copernicus proved everyone wrong about..................yeah never mind.

Well all are theories, nothing is proved yet, some are acceptable some are not, just like Darwin theory some believe it and some are against it, cleric should give more evidence to support his theory but ridiculing it is not right at all

Sarcasm; Derailing of thread; There is NO mention of Jews nowhere in the opening message. Reported!
Calm down bro :) you like saudis , i don't . everyone is entitled to their opinion .

now your accusations one by one :

1-Sarcasm is not against forum rules last time i checked .

2- my post is on topic : i am mocking the fanatical clerics :)

3- And about jews , i was simply pointing out to the fact that saudi members call iranians "jews" . @Rakan.SA has on numerous occasions called me a jew :)

Please report all my posts . i really don't care dear bro

:) the Holy Book says otherwise. Period.

Fatwa factories are boring.

Calm down bro :) you like saudis , i don't . everyone is entitled to their opinion .

now your accusations one by one :

1-Sarcasm is not against forum rules last time i checked .

2- my post is on topic : i am mocking the fanatical clerics :)

3- And about jews , i was simply pointing out to the fact that saudi members call iranians "jews" . @Rakan.SA has on numerous occasions called me a jew :)

Please report all my posts . i really don't care dear bro

lolzz the problem with few Iranians like you is that you blame your farts on wahabis as well.

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

839624-Untitled-1424152028-540-640x480.jpg

If a plane stops still in the air, China would be coming towards Earth, says cleric . PHOTO: ALARABIYA NEWS​

A Saudi cleric in a recent video rejected the theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun and claimed that the opposite is true, Al Arabia News reported.

His statements sparked a wave of social media remarks across the globe.

When a student questioned him about whether the Earth was stationary or moving, Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari responded with “stationary and does not move.”

To support his theory, Khaibari quoted some clerics and chose to present some religious statements. He then used some visuals to further strengthen his argument.

A wave of controversial remarks flooded social media, following the clerics video, so much so that a new hashtag began trending on Twitter: #cleric_rejects_rotation_of_Earth

Several Twitter users ridiculed the cleric for this notion.

In an interesting remark, one user tweeted: “What a coincidence that this would occur on Galileo’s birthday!”

Galileo was accused by the church for many of his beliefs including his support for the Copernican theory that the Earth and other planets revolved around the sun.

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun – The Express Tribune

Look at the face of this Moron. he doesn't look like a normal human being. There is no harm in whatever he says about the earth but If he issues Fatwa to kill some one, it will definately very dangerous.

The big bang theory has been an accepted theory for hundred of years. There are now people out to disprove it. Ridiculing people who come up with alternative theories makes us no better than the people during the time of the Inquisitions etc. His theory may not make sense, may sound plain stupid to some but may be proven to be true in due course

lolzz the problem with few Iranians like you is that you blame your farts on wahabis as well.
no sister jan ! we blame all the terrorism in the region on all the fanatical jihadi version of islam . now we name it "wahhabism" you can name it anything you want .

The big bang theory has been an accepted theory for hundred of years. There are now people out to disprove it. Ridiculing people who come up with alternative theories makes us no better than the people during the time of the Inquisitions etc. His theory may not make sense, may sound plain stupid to some but may be proven to be true in due course
love your signature bro ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom