What's new

Saudi Arabia's top cleric slams Iran's movie on Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has this to do with anything in this thread let alone KSA or the Grand Mufti? Has the Grand Mufti ever made statements that support killings of innocents? If so you should educate us.

It's would be complex for you to understand. But when your supposed learned and wise scholars spout such hateful comments, then it should not be a surprise that certain percentage of his followers engage in violent acts.

If he claims that Iranians are mocking the Prophet and are making films in act of hostility towards Islam, then it should not be a surprise if tomorrow another bunch of idiots blow themselves up. You think their actions are borne in vacuum? No, they have been raised listening to such crap and not one of you have the ability to look into yourself and wonder what commons thread all the extremists have.

But these require self reflection and that requires brain cells to be engaged, which is hard, just continue with your Big Bad Farsis. It's easier and !more comforting.

It's would be complex for you to understand. But when your supposed learned and wise scholars spout such hateful comments, then it should not be a surprise that certain percentage of his followers engage in violent acts.

If he claims that Iranians are mocking the Prophet and are making films in act of hostility towards Islam, then it should not be a surprise if tomorrow another bunch of idiots blow themselves up. You think their actions are borne in vacuum? No, they have been raised listening to such crap and not one of you have the ability to look into yourself and wonder what commons thread all the extremists have.

But these require self reflection and that requires brain cells to be engaged, which is hard, just continue with your Big Bad Farsis. It's easier and !more comforting.

So condemning a movie that has been criticized widely in the Islamic world, also for its supposed historical inaccuracy, equals terror committed by deranged individuals? Ok, nice logic genius.

You of course omitted all my points and you were also unable to answer my questions for obvious reasons. In short quit writing nonsense everywhere Ahmedinenutjob.

An Arab director (Mustafa Akkad) already made the most famous and watched movie about the life of Prophet Muhammad (saws) to date almost 40 years ago and KSA and Qatar have made the most watched Islamic series (Omar Series) to date a few years ago. You have not invented the wheel.

I already told you that I don't care about this movie and that people can do what the hell they want to. This includes criticism which you farsis somehow have a hard time accepting despite not leading the world on any front.

Last edited:
So condemning a movie that has been criticized widely in the Islamic world, also for its supposed historical inaccuracy, equals terror committed by deranged individuals? Ok, cretin.

You of course omitted all my points and you were also unable to answer my questions for obvious reasons. In short quit writing nonsense everywhere Ahmedinenutjob.

An famous Arab director (Mustafa Akkad) already made the most famous and watched movie about the life of Prophet Muhammad (saws) to date almost 40 years ago and KSA and Qatar have made the most watched Islamic series (Omar Series) to date a few years ago. You have not invented the wheel.

Critisizing a film is different than claiming the makers behind it are mocking the Prophet and are hostile to Islam. Can you tell the difference?

Your comments about the old film and Omar show only proves my point that it is just the usual typical hate that is meant to divide the Muslims. The Iranian director isn't claiming that he is reinventing the wheel nor that all non-iranian films about religion are bad. From day 1, they have hoped that other Muslim countries make more films to teach more about Islam.

Oh great another shia sunni war

Oh great another shia sunni war

Critisizing a film is different than claiming the makers behind it are mocking the Prophet and are hostile to Islam. Can you tell the difference?

Your comments about the old film and Omar show only proves my point that it is just the usual typical hate that is meant to divide the Muslims. The Iranian director isn't claiming that he is reinventing the wheel nor that all non-iranian films about religion are bad. From day 1, they have hoped that other Muslim countries make more films to teach more about Islam.

I don't know on which planet you live on. This movie and SIMILAR ones (made by Arabs 40 years ago and even recent series - Omar Series made by KSA and Qatar) have been criticized by millions of Muslims worldwide. The reason for that is that they are against the portrayal of such historical Islamic figures by mortals in the first place and due to differences in interpretations of historical events.

You see people, clerics etc. have different views about almost everything and as long as they are not calling for violence it should be tolerated.

Does this ring any bells?

Iran attacks BBC for documentary series on life of prophet Muhammad | Media | The Guardian

Also how many times do I need to tell you that I don't care about this movie nor am I against it or for it? People are free to watch it or not.

Nor is the Grand Mufti or the average Ibrahim speaking for anyone but themselves.

using Allahs and Muhammads name while blowing yourself killing innocents even bombing mosques is okay??? but making a movie about Muhammads life to show Islam in a fair light is wrong :pop:

Whom are you talking to? Al-Baghdadi is not in the audience here.

If i side with this film ill be called a kafir(again) and if i side against it ill be called a iran and shia hater so ill remain silent about my opinion

Muhammad was a great man, but a man nonetheless. I agree movies should be made about Muhammad. These are interesting and educational movies.

Last edited:
I don't know on which planet you live on. This movie and SIMILAR ones (made by Arabs 40 years ago and even recent series - Omar Series made by KSA and Qatar) have been criticized by millions of Muslims worldwide. The reason for that is that they are against the portrayal of such historical Islamic figures by mortals in the first place and due to differences in interpretations of historical events.

You see people, clerics etc. have different views about almost everything and as long as they are not calling for violence it should be tolerated.

Iran attacks BBC for documentary series on life of prophet Muhammad | Media | The Guardian

Also how many times do I need to tell you that I don't care about this movie nor am I against it or for it? People are free to watch it or not.

Nor is the Grand Mufti or the average Ibrahim speaking for anyone but themselves.

i do find it kinda ironic they are chanting death to America and curse to jews and then this happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: SQ8

i do find it kinda ironic they are chanting the death to America and curse to jews and then this happens.

This is completely unrelated to the topic at hand buddy. I wish nothing good for the Houthi terrorist cult or AQAP. Both should find some depopulated mountainous area/lowland/desert in Yemen and kill each other off to the last man taking no innocents with them. Targeting civilians deliberately is a crime though regardless of who does it.

Saif, people in position to influence others should be more careful in what they say. If I or you make an hostile comment, its not that important. But if a person in position of influence does the same, it could have a negative effect on their followers which could turn to violence.

The grand mutfi could have easily discouraged his followers from watching the film but refrained from claiming that it is a hostile act against Islam or that it is mocking the Prophet. These are very concerning phrases to use because it makes the filmmakers the enemies of Islam.

This is completely unrelated to the topic at hand buddy. I wish nothing good for the Houthi terrorist cult or AQAP. Both should find some depopulated mountainous area/lowland/desert in Yemen and kill each other off to the last man taking no innocents with them. Targeting civilians deliberately is a crime though regardless of who does it.
2014 Peshawar school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TTP glorified allah and muhammad, and killed innocent children in his name.

:coffee::coffee:

Saif, people in position to influence others should be more careful in what they say. If I or you make an hostile comment, its not that important. But if a person in position of influence does the same, it could have a negative effect on their followers which could turn to violence.

The grand mutfi could have easily discouraged his followers from watching the film but refrained from claiming that it is a hostile act against Islam or that it is mocking the Prophet. These are very concerning phrases to use because it makes the filmmakers the enemies of Islam.

I am against state clergy in the first place. They should but the Muslim world is an example of that not happening. I honestly don't care about them and I have my "own" clerics that I sometimes listen to if necessary.

Secondly you of all people should also know that religion and politics are closely connected in the Muslim world today. This is why some Iranian clerics also criticized the Omar Series that KSA and Qatar created a few years ago. Or other documentaries/movies made about Prophet Muhammad (saws). See the link that I posted.

The reason why I even reacted, you can read in my initial post here.

Lastly I have no problem with people (Muslims and non-Muslims) making movies about Prophet Muhammad (saws) or others as this is not in my hands and if the rules in their countries (or the countries they are filming the movies in) allow it then there is not much more to talk about. Individuals like me and you and watch those movies or not.

Besides in case that you don't know it then the Grand Mufti also criticized the Omar Series and the reason for that is that he believes that those historical Islamic figures should not be portrayed by mortals as they are too great for that and due to differences of historical interpretations.

Why do you think that there have been so few movies about Prophet Muhammad (saws) but also numerous Islamic figures and important events in Islamic history? Because they are very controversial. Personally I find it silly at times but that's just me. Others take it much more seriously and both opinions should be respected as long as nobody is calling for violence.

You comparing criticism of an movie (the criticism is also politically motivated which every fool can spot - just like when Iran criticized the Omar Series + the documentary made by BCC) by an almost 80 year old blind cleric suffering from health issues to degenerated terrorists killing innocents and claiming that he supports those people (without any foundation whatsoever) is beyond foolish. I had to react on that.

2014 Peshawar school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TTP glorified allah and muhammad, and killed innocent children in his name.

:coffee::coffee:

There are deranged people everywhere sadly. Too many in the Muslim world nowadays. Hopefully one day they will die off and their offspring will become wiser. Not my table really. There are 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide. At least 99% of them (if not more) are peaceful or "normal" (whatever that is) people.

The movie has released for a few days and surly the Mufti has not seen the movie yet then how on earth he's condemned it and described it as "mockery of the prophet and a degradation of his status"?
The only problem is this "it is an Iranian movie".

The movie has released for a few days and surly the Mufti has not seen the movie yet then how on earth he's condemned it and described it as "mockery of the prophet and a degradation of his status"?
The only problem is this "it is an Iranian movie".

He can not watch the movie either.

The Saudi grand Mufti is clinically blind and incapable of seeing anything:

215324.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom