What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

Care to compare how it is superior to Al-Khalid and to the newer Al-Khalid II (development/testing)?

I don't think any tank could match Leo 2a7s in open field or in urban warfare but Leo 2A7 would nothing more than a sitting duck in Indo-Pak environment.

Thats why Pak went for Al-Khalid and India went for Arjun although from what I hear Arjun wasn't a success story unlike Al-Khalid

@Raptor No Tank in the world can survive an ATGM attack , which happened in Lebanon.

Alkhalid is like a Sohrab Bicycle infront of Leopard. You can buy 3 Ak's in the price of one Leopard.

So, does anybody think a Leopard can survive against 3 Al-Khalids?

Al Khalid is inferior to all western tanks it's good for third world countries sudan, bangladesh, myanmar, the only edge I would give to the Al Khalid is that pakistani tank crews are superior to Arab crews.

It's inferior to all western tanks no wonder it wasn't used, only edge is the pakistani tank crew.

Care to prove those 'facts'?

It is funny watching you lot whine about why "No co-operation" between Pakistan or turkey. Well Al-Tay is heavily derived from the Leopard 2s. We want the Leopards because they have the best tech in the world right now. We are also not signing a single defense deal since 2006 without ToT.

The rule is simple "If we can't make it after buying it we don't want it". From the Typhoon to the leopard we are following this policy. Sure it will be all nice and rosy for Muslim countries to work together and be like a peach however this doesn't work in the real world. The Land Forces strategic command has a certain set of requirements that even the modern M1A2 didn't pass and had to be upgraded to M1A2S standards to hopefully meet some of them.

We need something that works in all of KSA environments from our rigid extremely mountainous regions of the west amd south to our vast burning deserts of east. We need something that will link up to our military satellites. We need something that can stop more than 1200mm AT shells. We need something that puts crew safety to the highest of standards. We need something that is in the class of heavy battle tanks of 55+ tonnage. We need something that is able to cross our big country is short notice. We need something that can go for a long distance without refueling. Even the T-90 was so heavily tested until it's engine broke down. And above all else we need something with ToT and full spare parts production license.

The Leopard 2s fits our requirements like a glove. It has been our choice for some time now that a factory was built on the Leopard2 specifications already. Helping Muslim brothers is so good and all but requirements on the battlefield to ensure a victory over invaders or the likes iand the safety of our soldiers and people is even more important.

When will you follow this rule for Submarines and Frigates and other stuff ?

This is already the situation now for any military acquisition (air, land and now also naval). But before you do everything very well prepared in advance for this new big naval acquisition also heavy with TOT.

Saudi Arabia should also increase its number of soldiers and also improve training because if they don't have well trained soldiers than these tanks will prove worse than toys for Saudi Arabia in any kind of war...

The number of our "troops trained" going to rise gradually from of 250 000 soldiers to 500 000 soldiers strong.

... and they should try to get them with TOT and start producing them in their own country

See link:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...-800-leopard-tanks-germany-3.html#post3066719

This is going to be for the internal war which will happen over the crown.
90% of their population is fat prince and princesses.

After 20 page of reading, my conclusion is I have no ******* clue about military stuff.
@ Pakistani & Turki brothers
I have forwarded your military offers to king Abdullah my self and he told me that he will personally look into them but he can't make any promises! You offers however are appreciated..

After 20 page of reading, my conclusion is I have no ******* clue about military stuff.
@ Pakistani & Turki brothers
I have forwarded your military offers to king Abdullah my self and he told me that he will personally look into them but he can't make any promises! You offers however are appreciated..

What? You personally know the King?

Anyway , the way i look at it is that Al khalid tanks dont meet Saudi reqirements for a heavy MBT and Altay MBT is still a paper tiger , undoubtedly though it fulfills all requirements for Saudi contract but it still has to be prototyped , tested and prove itself in combat to attract customers which will take years.

IMHO Leopards are the best choice at this time.

I don't think any tank could match Leo 2a7s in open field or in urban warfare but Leo 2A7 would nothing more than a sitting duck in Indo-Pak environment.

Thats why Pak went for Al-Khalid and India went for Arjun although from what I hear Arjun
wasn't a success story unlike Al-Khalid

Your assessment is spot on , our terrain is a deathbed for tanks over 60 tonnes , reminds me of the reason why PA refused to buy Abrahams in 80s.

Leopards are world's most advanced breed of tanks and are well suited for Saudi conditions after some modifications .

Trust me Iran is not aggressive, we are very peaceful. If we wanted to be aggressive Saudi wouldn't be around anymore to tell the tale.

Its not being aggressive, its being smart when you think about the U.S. intervening when Iran invades Saudi Arabia. Its about not trying to act like Iraq because there be consequences.

Thats why Pak went for Al-Khalid and India went for Arjun although from what I hear Arjun wasn't a success story unlike Al-Khalid

Deno, I think our Al-Khalids with a pair of Butterflys and perhaps an Aghanim would own your Altay and the Leos ! :D Not to mention its Ulti would make Axe crap his pants or whatever the heck hes wearing ! :woot:

Al-Khalid is a License Production of a Copied Design. It has to be Successful.

While Arjun was the Victim of the Russian Import Lobby in the Army.

KSA made the best choice

at present there is a huge difference b/w AK and LEO 2

al khalid would had been a good choice instead of t90 long back

bt against leo

leo is the ruling choice

...Altay MBT is still a paper tiger...

More again for very long.:azn:

...undoubtedly though it fulfills all requirements for Saudi contract but it still has to be prototyped , tested and prove itself in combat to attract customers which will take years.

Do especially not worry for the glory future of “Altay Tank” when we know who these two very very great brothers. Simultaneously, the Leopard 2 Tank (Germany) and the K-2 Black Panther Tank (South Korea).

The K-2 Black Panther Tank of South Korea - the main model of Altay Tank (South Korea TOT) - has been fully designed and developed under the leadership of Germany by a total transfer of technology (Leopard 2 Tank TOT). So Altay Tank will be their equal fully.

K-2 Black Panther Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ToCVdVpcPg&feature=player_embedded

South Korea Next Generation Tank XK2 - YouTube

With its “protective armor” (AMAP)

Soon in the futur “Altay Tank”...

K-2 Tank APS (Active Protection System)
3D search & track radar / thermal search & track

Russia Metis-M1 interception slowly

APS (Active Protection System) testing against RPG-7 and
Metis-M ATGM (Anti-tank guided missile) or also Kornet ATGM (Anti-tank guided missile)

Explosive projectile interceptor (blast effect)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom