What's new

Saudi Arabia wanted to buy Pakistani submarines

How could we have sold these submarines to Saudi Arabia when it took us so long to make one for ourselves?

And why would the Saudis be interested in these Subs?

Can't they get more advanced subs from Europe and USA?
Yes was not making sense, why do SA has to buy French subs from Pakistan?

Does Pakistan cannot afford it and selling to get some money or French does not want to sell it to SA.

Yes was not making sense, why do SA has to buy French subs from Pakistan?

Does Pakistan cannot afford it and selling to get some money or French does not want to sell it to SA.

lolz at afford .forget agusta-70s ? we have to update our fleet that time and we are doing it even now .

The lie of may, Saudis by Submarines from Pakistan??? Saudi main and only source of weapon is the West any other source has to be approved by the west.

was that in Jeddah ?:smitten: leave that submarine over there brother. :D

You can keep the sub with the crew, wet lease basis, how is that for a deal

When Emirates Airline started they started with planes on wet lease basis from PIA and see where is emirates now, you can do the same with the sub and repeat history :D

Read posting #1, this news was published on 18th November 2000, 11 and half years ago. I don't know about Saudi 11 years ago but Malaysia had bought a second hand Agosta from France for training purpose, and this submarine is has been retired from service and now is a navy museum.

Saudi Arabia never ever fought against the ottomans in WW1. This is a fact that I have proven here time and time again. Shreef Hussien was the one resposible of that who he himself was an enemy of Saudi Arabia and got British support but was ultimately defeated by Saudi Arabia and him along with his britsh Hellers kicked out. I have proven this fact in this forum time and time again with evidence and without any doubt.

Mosa plz! Read ME history from 1890-1920 then talk like that. This is just unacceptable to distort the image of a great man out of ignorance in history. Of course, unless you read Turk or Iran version of history. Mosa, you are just talking like typical Iranians here.
907186.gif

الشريف الØ*سين بن علي • منتديات أنا الأردن

while you kids making bla bla here i was enjoying AGUSTA-90B submarine .:rofl:

problem?:partay:

395289_233438360078125_497084869_n.jpg

Imran Bhai, now I doubt that you're even 27 ! :woot: Bhai itna jawaaan kaise lagtei ho aaap ! Mein 22 pe aaap se barha lagta huun ! :P

Achaaa khair forget about that tell me did you guys get to see the inside of the subs ? Did you meet the crew ?

Imran Bhai, now I doubt that you're even 27 ! :woot: Bhai itna jawaaan kaise lagtei ho aaap ! Mein 22 pe aaap se barha lagta huun ! :P

Achaaa khair forget about that tell me did you guys get to see the inside of the subs ? Did you meet the crew ?

yes dear we visit every thing on F-22P PNS ZULFIQAAR - PNS bhir paima and PNS m-hamza agusta-90b i have thread on it yaar you may missed it . abut young i make exercise daily yaar .

look here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...force-reckon-board-their-ships-submarine.html

A question : Was it just me or did the original link didn't mention any of the things the OP did ?

Saudi Arabia and Malaysia expressed interest in Pakistani-built French Agosta 90-B submarines

Saudi Arabia on other hand has almost finalized the deal . The main problem with the issue is that French and Pakistani engineers have changed Agosta into a platform that can launch nuclear strikes. This irked American Defense Department which was quick to use its ties with Pakistan on this issue. However Pakistan has assured United States that it will sell perfectly safe submarines to Saudi Arabia

DAWN WIRE SERVICE : 18 November 2000 Issue : 06/44

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently we wanted to buy Pakistani submarines but Pakistan refused to sell due to American pressure :( really sad read for me.
When the hell this happened and is it still on the charts and Pakistan needs to get more submarines it self .

How could we have sold these submarines to Saudi Arabia when it took us so long to make one for ourselves?

And why would the Saudis be interested in these Subs? Can't they get more advanced subs from Europe and USA?

It was Pakistan's first attempt to develop-manufacture incorporate highly technological submarines, It does take time. Those are submarines not paper boats!

Europe-US would sell it but at a huge cost not capable enough. Second Strike must not become an option for saudi Navy.

saudi navy might buy submarines in the future possibly british or french with capabilities that cloudbe restricted in nature that won't harm israel even though israel-saudi have excellent backdoor relations.

Pardon me but the opening post is not consistent with the article quoted.

The article basically says the Saudis showed interest in the Agosta class submarines. That is a polite way of saying thanks but no thanks to the Pakistanis who have been trying hard since the 70s to become a major military product exporting country latching on to the "Muslim market".

The Saudis have decades old relationship with France. Their intelligence agencies have closely collaborated in the Safari group in containing communist and leftist movements in Africa and the Frence were the only outside country that was invited to provide inputs on the 1979 Mecca seige crisis. As recently as 2006, they brought 60+ choppers including their naval variants from France.

If they need french designed subs, they will certainly get it from the source and would'nt care what price they have to pay for it as long as they got the best.

The ONLY documented sale between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia since 1950-2011 as per SIPRI is the sale of 20 Super Mushshak trainers which is basically a variant of the Saab MFI-17 Supporter. The deal was around $3.4 million back in 2005 if I remember correctly

saudi navy might buy submarines in the future possibly british or french with capabilities that cloudbe restricted in nature that won't harm israel even though israel-saudi have excellent backdoor relations.

No really ?

This is totally false.:no:
Examples among many others.

MBDA Meteor

Type: Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile

Warhead : High Explosive Blast-Fragmentation

Detonation mechanism: Proximity/Impact

Engine: Throttleable ducted rocket

Operational range: 100+ km (60+ mi)

Speed: over Mach 4

Guidance system: Inertial Mid-course with Datalinked Updates, Active Radar

Storm Shadow / SCALP EG (comparable to the TAURUS KEPD 350) and
Paveway IV precision guided weapons

In February 2008, the Committee Chairmen and Ranking Members sought a “specific assurance that the Executive branch will consult with our Committees before any approval of a request to sell Saudi Arabia such sensitive weapon systems as Storm Shadow cruise missiles …”

February 14, 2008

The Honorable Condoleezza Rice

Secretary of State

U.S. Department of State

2201 C Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20520

Dear Madam Secretary:

Your Department has informed our Committees of its intent, pursuant to section 3(d) of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2753(d)), to approve the retransfer of controlled U.S.-origin defense articles from the United Kingdom (UK) to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in connection with the UK’s sale of 72 Typhoon fighter aircraft to Saudi Arabia. We believe that this retransfer proposal raises some of the same issues that the direct sale of advanced aircraft to Saudi Arabia would raise. In particular, we would not want the UK aircraft sale to jeopardize Israel’s qualitative military edge (QME), any more than we would permit a U.S. sale to pose such a threat to our closest ally in the region.

We understand that the UK Government has received helpful assurances from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We understand also that the retransfers in question relate only to the Typhoon aircraft, and not to the weapon systems that may later be sold for use with the aircraft. And we realize that many weapon systems that might be used with the Typhoon would be of U.S. origin or have U.S. content, and would therefore be subject to the need for U.S. Government approval, although not always for prior notice to our Committees.

We would appreciate receiving assurance from the Administration that the United States will not approve the export or retransfer to Saudi Arabia for use with the Typhoon aircraft of any U.S. weapon system or incorporated defense article that would threaten Israel’s QME. We would also appreciate specific assurance that the Executive branch will consult with our Committees before any approval of a request to sell Saudi Arabia such sensitive weapon systems as Storm Shadow cruise missiles or Paveway IV precision guided weapons. And we would appreciate assurance that our Committees will be informed promptly if you should learn that the assurances provided by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Kingdom are no longer being observed.

If these assurances are provided, we will have no objection to receiving formal notification of the proposed retransfer approval. We are confident that any other concerns will be settled before the expiration of the 30-day waiting period mandated by section 3(d) of the Arms Export Control Act.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
Ranking Minority Member
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations

Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
Chairman
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
Ranking Minority Member
House Committee on Foreign Affairs

Howard L. Berman
Acting Chairman