What's new

Saudi Arabia to start selling Alcohol

Must admit it feels strange that Arabia will be selling Alcohol openly. It would be as if the Vatican decided opening a legal brothel.

So why stop there? Prostitution is legal in Netherlands forexample.

Then again, its not like alcohol wasnt availible even during the Rashidun times, but i believe it was illegal to sell alcohol to a muslim and muslims were barred from selling alcohol, if i am correct. Jews, Christians and others were allowed freedoms that muslims were denied.

MBS doesn't want the rich to go to UAE or Bahrain to consume alcohol.
Not a bad idea.

Saudi Arabia should go all out and give full freedoms to its people. This is a good step, home of Islam itself is realizing it should adapt to the 21th century.

Perhaps in this way we can also pressurize the mullahs more in our country.
Loosening public morals and accepting vices do not equate to rule by justice and fairness. Saddam's Iraq and Shah's Iran were like that, yet the people were ruled by fear, persecution, torture and murder.

Loosening public morals and accepting vices do not equate to rule by justice and fairness. Saddam's Iraq and Shah's Iran were like that, yet the people were ruled by fear, persecution, torture and murder.
Yes, mullah ruled Iran and Iraq are now such paradises that everyone wants to go there and hold a yearly vacation. How about stop intervening in peoples lives in the name of religion?

Nice examples. Except that this news is specifically about KSA selling alcohol to non-Muslims/tourists (earning money on them poisoning themselves in the process) in airports and possibly luxurious beach and island resorts aimed at non-Muslim tourists/visitors.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Alcohol is sold to non-Muslims in Pakistan legally and there is a large black market for alcohol that Muslims also engage in. I imagine that the situation is even "worse" in Bangladesh with its large Hindu population.

So why should KSA not do the same and earn money like every other country on the planet? As long as Makkah and Madinah are not involved (which they won't be) what is the problem exactly? In any case, this is the decision of KSA, we have no say in what they do.

KSA of old (post-1979 Sahwa era) is long gone. Now hugely sucessful Saudi Arabian musicians (formerly very popular across the entire Arab world, yet could not perform inside KSA) are performing at full houses within KSA.

View attachment 888528

View attachment 888529

View attachment 888534

View attachment 888532

View attachment 888533

Saudi women in both niqab, hijab and without it side by side with nobody bothering them.

KSA is now an international entertainment/sports hub with Formula 1, Dakar Rally, major boxing and football matches, golf tournaments, tennis tournaments, music concerts with international stars from all across the world a commonplace.

MBS means business and has been a great thing for KSA. Transformed the entire country for the better on almost every front. Great ruler.

Ya Allah!

And they go after Hassan Minhaj for talking about far less innocuous things....

Why blame Saudi, we make plenty of good whiskey in Bangladesh (Carew) set up during British times.

Maybe Saudi was far behind the times but they are truly doing some pie-in-the-sky things right now, like that walled city some 200 km long or something....

What about that tower three times the height of the Burj-al-Arab ? I don't thing that will ever get finished....

That or luxurious beach resorts aimed at Western tourists where most likely non-local and non-Muslims staff would be servicing such tourists.

"Club Jed" (as in Jeddah) here we come. I don't see a lot of takers though....

Yes, mullah ruled Iran and Iraq are now such paradises that everyone wants to go there and hold a yearly vacation. How about stop intervening in peoples lives in the name of religion?
brother, is this shah era flag?
He was a bad man, who killed and persecuted people, western simp
I think just wanting true democracy is enough, looking for shah era is just replacing one evil with another

Thanks for the clarification

What about pajeet
indian on dating circles
and patwari?
supporters of man on my PP

I didn't say your Mullahs equate to fairness and justice. I don't follow Mullah or Priest. It is alien to my background.

If drinking, dancing, and semi-nudity equate to justice then criminals like Mexican cartels would be the moral leaders of the world. How about changing your sociocultural values to respect life, dignity, and political freedoms.

You guys worship your rulers and and are ready to kill people or ruin their lives for their sake. Many Asians and Africans share this grotesque trait.

guys, if i understand correctly, many medicines contain alchohal like cough syrup, perfumes and sanitizers contain alcohal...does Islam prohibit and enforce usage of alcholal in those forms as well?

guys, if i understand correctly, many medicines contain alchohal like cough syrup, perfumes and sanitizers contain alcohal...does Islam prohibit and enforce usage of alcholal in those forms as well?
If someone is starving and has no option Islam permits what is normally forbidden (such as eating pork) [Quran verse 5-3]. Same principle for alcohol in medicine, better to avoid, but can be taken if no option. Saving life overrides the prohibition [verse 5-32].

Last edited:
That would be really good step in attracting international tourism and travel.
I almost booked a flight through Saudia first/business the otherbdaybafter missing my. etihad flight since it looked really nice, but then cancelled and booked thru Cathay since they had a no alcohol policy on their planes.

Can't imagine flying without that alcohol and frankly such things scare one off passing thru Saudi.

Will definitely give it another thought if they open up more towards normalcy
Cheers!

Even as a tourist and a non muslim, I would be wary of consuming alcohol in a country where the overwhelming majority does not drink it. Unless I want to stay confined to my hotel room. The feeling that one is offending someone in public transport or at a public place simply by the smell of alcohol on their breath is not great. I would rather stay sober and roam around freely. There are many other places to drink and make merry.

This is the green light for you Pakistanis because you are like sheep followers.

Make a nice city centre with a bar and someone that knows how to make a good whisky sour and I'll be right over :lol:
Yeah about that...
Plenty of places like that...

Alcoholism is a big problem in UK. The problem is just ignored and people who are alcoholics are seen as "can't handle their drink".

TBH it is a global problem, people are medicating themselves with drink and drugs. People are ignoring health warnings and suffering the consequences.

That would be really good step in attracting international tourism and travel.
I almost booked a flight through Saudia first/business the otherbdaybafter missing my. etihad flight since it looked really nice, but then cancelled and booked thru Cathay since they had a no alcohol policy on their planes.

Can't imagine flying without that alcohol and frankly such things scare one off passing thru Saudi.

Will definitely give it another thought if they open up more towards normalcy
Cheers!

You have got a problem. Can't go without for a day, if alcohol is so good why can't you drink and drive. Better yet the pilot and aircraft maintenance guys should be inebriated at work.

You have got a problem. Can't go without for a day, if alcohol is so good why can't you drink and drive. Better yet the pilot and aircraft maintenance guys should be inebriated at work.
Who said I cant ggo without a day? You assumed wrong.

But when I pay for first class I expect service on par with other international providers including other middle eastern arab airlines like etihad and qatar. Its not just about alcohol, its about an image like the other guy said above, you become wary of traveling to such places that are super restricted.
About pilots and driving, I pay them to be sober and chauffeur me safely to where I need to get.
For example Cathay has its own problems having shitty first class and hospital camp like feeling in the HKG airport making travelers got through airport in hospital camps. But they left international travelers alone and I was able to conduct business in their international lounge although stepping out in the city was just too arduous so I did not go out.

Long story short, if you want business they have to be careful of their clientele.

Even as a tourist and a non muslim, I would be wary of consuming alcohol in a country where the overwhelming majority does not drink it. Unless I want to stay confined to my hotel room. The feeling that one is offending someone in public transport or at a public place simply by the smell of alcohol on their breath is not great. I would rather stay sober and roam around freely. There are many other places to drink and make merry.

This exactly, these restrictions make one feel wary and uncomfortable, why would I or anyone want to feel uncomfortable, I'd just skip that country as this time.
I respect their rules and they should respect my choices.

Back
Top Bottom