What's new

Saudi Arabia to start selling Alcohol

Alcohol is an Arabic word and the earliest recorded evidence of alcoholic beverages originated in the Arab world. In pre-Islamic times Arabs were famed for their wine production.

In all seriousness, this is probably a good business opportunity and would exclusively cater to non-Muslim tourists or non-Muslim passengers using KSA as a transit hence the potential alcohol sales at selected airports.

That or luxurious beach resorts aimed at Western tourists where most likely non-local and non-Muslims staff would be servicing such tourists.

Dying? There is no evidence of that. On the other hand there is ample evidence of almost every religion that is not Islam dying in the sense that its followers are hardly following their religions.

Also such laws are very much similar to the already existing laws in other GCC countries and are all aimed at non-Muslim tourists. Not locals. Besides if anyone wants to drink alcohol in any Muslim country (even Afghanistan) alcohol can be bought on the "black market" and even made on your own.

Millions of drugs addicts in Afghanistan for instance under the watch of the Taliban (heroin mainly but not only) so alcohol being made privately or smuggled into the country is almost a given. Already the case in Pakistan next door.

I say go for it, earn money on non-Muslims intoxicating themselves and harming their own bodies with alcohol.
Saudi Arabia should go all out and give full freedoms to its people. This is a good step, home of Islam itself is realizing it should adapt to the 21th century.

Perhaps in this way we can also pressurize the mullahs more in our country.

This is hilarious wonder what

Sorry what's a salajeet?

It’s the black gold of Northern Pakistan with many health benefits... hard to get the real stuff unless you’re in Pakistan but I brought some with me last time I went.

I been drinking for the past 3 years, twice or three times a week and I’m strong as an ox, plus my skin looks younger and fresh.

Last edited:
this news is specifically about KSA selling alcohol to non-Muslims/tourists (earning money on them poisoning themselves in the process) in airports and possibly luxurious beach and island resorts aimed at non-Muslim tourists/visitors.
I wonder why the quran doesn't mention this brilliant idea and just plainly forbids anything to do with the alcohol business. whether it's growing the grains, transporting, brewing, serving it, and not just the consumption.

Really brilliant strategy, though. Lure the unbelievers with beaches, resorts and alcohol, possibly offer up your exotic women, (like UAE to the zionists), and kill them with the poison that is alcohol, all the while making money off of it and preparing for the final battle. Now why didn't anyone think of that?

Last edited:
I wonder why the quran doesn't mention this brilliant idea and just plainly forbids anything to do with the alcohol business. whether it's growing the grains, transporting, brewing, serving it, and not just the consumption.

It seems that the Pakistani state and people forgot that part of the sermon.

Anyway please call me when this news becomes official. So far it is just a rumour and as I already wrote solely aimed at non-Muslims and non-locals (tourists and people transiting KSA) and in such a case I cannot see a problem if those selling the alcohol are non-Muslim expats, say Filipinos or Indian Hindus.

Besides you lot are anti-KSA anyways and blame them for all your ills, so why judge KSA differently than every other Muslim country on the planet which are all worse by large in this regard and most other?

Even the ultra-Islamic Afghanistan next door ruled by the Taliban are a narcotics capital and heroin capital with millions of Afghans high on heroin (drug addicts) and what not. Huge problem in Pakistan too BTW.

Saudi Arabians are innocent lambs in comparison. I know, because I know both KSA and Pakistan , while you have probably never set your feet in KSA but yet talk about things that you don't understand.

Really brilliant strategy, though. Lure the unbelievers with beaches, resorts and alcohol, possibly offer up your exotic women, (like UAE to the zionists), and kill them with the poison that is alcohol, all the while making money off of it and preparing for the final battle. Now why didn't anyone think of that?

The ultimate example of ignorance is you comparing a gigantic ountry like KSA with huge regional differences, a varied regional culture and practices, sects, totally different geographies etc. with freaking UAE where locals make up 12% of the population and the majority of the population is concentrated in 2-3 cities across a largely small geography. Well done.

And good luck trying to date Saudi Arabian women as a non-Muslim Westerner. You are completely ignorant so better not comment if you don't want to embarrass yourself. Goes for all the other ones commenting in this thread (trolling) too.

Last edited:
Alcohol is poison.

Gulfies like banging tik tok models and should instead drink salajeet.

I drink salajeet before working out, it’s great.

I don't disagree that alcohol is poison nor do I support alcohol consumption for Muslims or any person for that matter. However this news (which is a rumour) is about non-Muslims being allowed to buy alcohol in select few airports (transit travels) and alcohol being served for non-Muslims in specific beach resorts and island resorts aimed at rich non-Muslim tourists whether Westerners or rich Chinese, Japanese, South Koreans etc. (East Asians like their alcohol too). Much in the same way it is done in some GCC states and many (most) Muslim states.

So this is not about alcohol suddenly becoming widespread in KSA and locals suddenly becoming alcoholics.

Alcohol might be an Arabic word and pre-Islamic Arabs might have loved their wine etc. but nowadays alcohol is a huge taboo within KSA not much different from never eating pig. I have met a few Arab, Pakistani, Turkish , Bengali and Iranian former Muslims and while no longer practising Muslims, none of them ever ate pig.

Similarly for some strange reasons, it is more acceptable for most Muslims to consume some type of intoxicants (drugs), than drinking alcohol. Many Yemenis for instances are high on khat (although it is a largely harmless plant) and it is legally sold. Opium and other drugs have been a huge thing historically in much of Afghanistan, Iran etc. and parts of Pakistan too.

Turks drink raki/beer as well (quite common) while some Shami Arabs drink arak too (not only Arab Christians but Muslim too).

It is what it is.

I would not make a big deal out of this rumour. For instance I don't ever think that alcohol consumption will become widespread in KSA regardless of how liberal the society gets. Similarly with pig consumption. I mean, even most non-practising Hindus, don't eat beef or much meat to begin with. Some beliefs are ingrained in you even after you leave a certain religion.

It is not the government's responsibility to get you to heaven,

It is your own personal responsibility, and if you are incapable of that,
you will consume alcohol one way or another,
those that don't , don't.

That said, if this news is true, although the source is not mentioned.
Then this will be allowed only in NEOM and maybe the eastern province.

Well said, the problem here though is, that KSA is a prisoner of its history (Islamic history) and the fact that it contains Makkah and Madinah. It will always be looked at and judged differently by the Muslim world and double standards will always exist which is why you have people from nations with 100 times worse vices, pointing fingers at KSA. So they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Either they are too conservative or too liberal nowadays.
:lol:

However MbS seems like a very pragmatic guy that is hell-bent on changing KSA and already under him there have been greater changes in the society than the previous 40 years combined. And most amazingly, he seems to have found a balance between Islam, conservatism, modernism and progress which is something that I can only admire. It would never have worked in Pakistan for instance within such a short time span without unrest.

Last edited:
Did you even read the thread/news or are you as usual obsessed about KSA/Arabs? Alcohol consumption is far higher in Pakistan than in KSA and alcohol is legally sold in Pakistan for non-Muslims. There are huge black markets in Pakistan where alcohol is sold and consumed by Pakistani Muslims.

In KSA there is a total ban on alcohol and it is almost impossible to get unless you are living in a Western-dominated compound or you travel to neighbouring countries and smuggle it in afterwards.

To make it short, so also you will understand it, this is about sales of alcohol to non-Muslims in airports or possibly luxurious beach and island resorts. Also it is a rumour so far. Nothing official. Are you still with me or is it all too hard to understand?
yes i did

So a country awash with oil revenue, and billions propping up the US financial structure needs to sell alcohol?

I guess hard times.

This is the green light for you Pakistanis because you are like sheep followers.

Make a nice city centre with a bar and someone that knows how to make a good whisky sour and I'll be right over :lol:

tomrow eat wild pigs on sticks roasted fresh at airports. saudis must be very low on oil revenue to sell alcohol to foreigners.

Not surprising, one just has to go with the times. When you are constructing a trillions of dollars worth of new city in the desert and hoping millions of foreigners will live or invest there(many of whom drink alcohol) then you have no choice but to make it a conducive environment for them.

@Khan2727 ,

Strange how you are throwing your religion under the bus, trying to justify the unjustifiable, twisting islamic beliefs, just to side the Saudi regime.... Shame on you منافق

@Khan2727 ,

Strange how you are throwing your religion under the bus, trying to justify the unjustifiable, twisting islamic beliefs, just to side the Saudi regime.... Shame on you منافق

Don't be a hypocrite yourself. You are a blind follower (or I have yet to see you criticize them) of the Iranian Mullah regime that is 100 times more anti-Islamic than KSA.

Where in Islam is it forbidden for non-Muslims to sell alcohol to non-Muslims? Besides this is just a rumour.

I have no problem with a Muslim nation potentially (this is just a rumour nothing is confirmed) earning money by employing non-Muslims to sell alcohol to non-Muslims in a few restricted places.

Just like I have no problem with Pakistan allowing its non-Muslim population (Christians and Hindus) to buy and consume alcohol.

The most important thing, Saudi Arabians are not drinking/consuming alcohol anywhere close to what many/most other Muslims do regardless of what their governments do so I see no reason to criticize the people.

Also try to look inwards for once.

It is legal in Tunisia to buy and consume alcohol.

Business » Business Pagenews

According to World Health Organization​

Tunisia ranks first in alcohol consumption in the Arab World​

GMT 14:54 2017 Sunday ,09 April

WHO: Tunisians, Heaviest Alcohol Drinkers in the Region​

And once again, for the billionth time, this is just a rumour.

And here is an article about alcohol consumption in Iran which is a FAR bigger problem than in KSA.

Alcohol Consumption in Iran: A More Common Occurrence the State-Run Media Claims​

September 25, 2021

https://iranopendata.org/en/pages/alcohol-consumption-in-iran-a-more-common-occurrence-the-state-run-media-claims

And lastly, I will have no problem criticizing KSA government policies if they suddenly allow alcohol consumption in the country for Muslims but I don't think that this will happen. You are free to tag me if this ever happens and I will be the first one to condemn such policies.

Don't be a hypocrite yourself. You are a blind follower (or I have yet to see you criticize them) of the Iranian Mullah regime that is 100 times more anti-Islamic than KSA.

Where in Islam is it forbidden for non-Muslims to sell alcohol to non-Muslims? Besides this is just a rumour.

I have no problem with a Muslim nation potentially (this is just a rumour nothing is confirmed) earning money by employing non-Muslims to sell alcohol to non-Muslims in a few restricted places.

Just like I have no problem with Pakistan allowing its non-Muslim population (Christians and Hindus) to buy and consume alcohol.

The most important thing, Saudi Arabians are not drinking/consuming alcohol anywhere close to what many/most other Muslims do regardless of what their governments do so I see no reason to criticize the people.

Also try to look inwards for once.

It is legal in Tunisia to buy and consume alcohol.

Business » Business Pagenews

According to World Health Organization​

Tunisia ranks first in alcohol consumption in the Arab World​

GMT 14:54 2017 Sunday ,09 April

WHO: Tunisians, Heaviest Alcohol Drinkers in the Region​

And once again, for the billionth time, this is just a rumour.
So just because in my country, selling and drinking alcohol is legal, I have to agree???

Once again you showed your Hypocrisy ......

Back
Top Bottom