What's new

Saudi Arabia to invest $100 billion in India

MoUs are a joke.

But Saudis even didn't signed a single MOU for so called 100 billion figure. For now they have showed their interest and thats all.

No. It's good figure but relative to India's population it is just okay. Given India's size, booming economy I would have expected something like $200 billion.

No, they have showed an intent. No agreement signed not even an MOU.

Are you implying that 100 billion is a small amount?
That’s worth half of the Pakistani economy and nearly twice the level of investment of the much vaunted “game changing” CPEC.
And in return we didn’t have to let some low level Saudi royalty hunt our prized animals on extinction watch or open up Madrasas to spread Wahhabism.
I think we will take this deal. Pakistanis like to give a lot back in return, we don’t.

CPEC is 62 Billion dollar son, so get your facts right before you come here.

Also dont forget

India 1.3 Billion vs Pakistan 0.2 Billion. Massive difference in size. If you wana feel good compare yourself with Nepal.

Are you implying that 100 billion is a small amount?
That’s worth half of the Pakistani economy and nearly twice the level of investment of the much vaunted “game changing” CPEC.
And in return we didn’t have to let some low level Saudi royalty hunt our prized animals on extinction watch or open up Madrasas to spread Wahhabism.
I think we will take this deal. Pakistanis like to give a lot back in return, we don’t.

ANI is fucking kidding ..

Ask what constitutes 100 billion ? how did they get to that figure, who announced it from Saudi side ?

CPEC is 62 Billion dollar son, so get your facts right before you come here.

Also dont forget

India 1.3 Billion vs Pakistan 0.2 Billion. Massive difference in size. If you wana feel good compare yourself with Nepal.

Read before you write. I said “nearly” twice the amount of CPEC.

And by your standards of comparison, shouldn’t you be comparing yourself to other countries with 0.2 Billion people or less?
Where does your economy stand or has stood to say tiny Malaysia? They beat you by a huge margin.

Feel good about yourself now?

ANI is fucking kidding ..

Ask what constitutes 100 billion ? how did they get to that figure, who announced it from Saudi side ?

I don’t think I’ve commented on the validity of the news itself. Only on the amount being invested, if true.
No need to shoot from the hip and go into tangential discussions.

MoU are useless document without much value on ground...The MoU are signed to create a positive environment of visiting delegation..

After PM Modi meeting, Saudi Crown Prince talks about $100 bn investment opportunity in India

Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has said that his country sees an opportunity to invest as much as $100 billion in various sectors in India in the coming few years. (Live updates)

Addressing a joint press conference with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the crown prince said his country had invested $44 billion since 2016 in India, when PM Modi had visited the country, and had benefitted from it.

Also read: PM Modi-Saudi Prince Salman’s joint statement says need to fight terror in all forms

“We believe that the (investment) opportunities in India are worth more than $100 billion. Together we want to make these investments beneficial for both India and Saudi Arabia,” he said.

“We want to diversify in other areas such as petrochemicals and storage,” he said.

“We want to make the relations between India and Saudi Arabia beneficial for both countries,” he said.

“These investments will help benefit the Indians in Saudi Arabia and the Saudi people who are working in India,” he said.

He said that Saudi Arabia had taken a leaf out of India’s book and had invested in the IT sector after PM Modi’s 2016 visit.

“We know India is strong in the IT sector and we have invested a lot in Saudi Arabia in the IT sector and have benefitted from it,” he said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/after-pm-modi-meeting-saudi-sees-100-bn-investment-opportunity-in-india/story-q3AaTgAolaZe3KQxYYQXdM.html

Last edited by a moderator:
$100 billion is a lot of money, until you find out that America and China regularly gets more than twice that amount in a year... o_O

India should have asked for more.

$100 billion and not a single project is mentioned. Indians happy with $100B lollipop, if they think rationally which, they cant MBS was actually using them to portray himself as a world leader, visiting India is his geopolitical need, not a business trip.

Read before you write. I said “nearly” twice the amount of CPEC.

And by your standards of comparison, shouldn’t you be comparing yourself to other countries with 0.2 Billion people or less?
Where does your economy stand or has stood to say tiny Malaysia? They beat you by a huge margin.

Feel good about yourself now?

We do compare ourself with other countries with same population and realize that we have long way to catch up with them. We never come here and claim that we are super power. Our country is the in the right direction. We can compare compare our-self with India as I said 1.3 Billion with .2 billion. Even if we are close thats a a massive achievement.

India signed around $500b deals on Modi' s first visit to US, Modi also signed arround $100b deals on Chinese President's along with PLA's visit as well. If we add up all the deals with different countries than it's close to trillion dollar investment in 5 years of Modi ji which is excellent work and for this only he deserves another term.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom