What's new

Saudi Arabia Plans to Acquire Nuclear Weapons

So, anyone takes bet if UN sanctions Saudis? :azn: My bet is they wont (at least not like Iran), because some countries can have all nuclear weapons they want (as long as they serve West interests), while others will be attacked just on a fake pretense of WMD.

yeah and the saudis actually think the persian don't have nukes already.

The article title is misleading, the Saudis are planning to establish Nuclear power plants,not weapons. And this has been on the table for the past 5 years.

To get these, they will go via IAEA route and get the latest tech from US, France and other countries. By 2030, they plan to produce 80% of the domestic electrical consumption by nuclear energy so that they can sell the oil instead of burning it.

Saudi Arabia plans to build 16 nuclear reactors by 2030

The article title is misleading, the Saudis are planning to establish Nuclear power plants,not weapons. And this has been on the table for the past 5 years.

To get these, they will go via IAEA route and get the latest tech from US, France and other countries. By 2030, they plan to produce 80% of the domestic electrical consumption by nuclear energy so that they can sell the oil instead of burning it.

Saudi Arabia plans to build 16 nuclear reactors by 2030

everyone know they want nukes, why do you think they funded pakistans nuclear program? one because they were backing pakistan against India another reason is that they would get nukes off Pakistan when they need it.

everyone know they want nukes, why do you think they funded pakistans nuclear program? one because they were backing pakistan against India another reason is that they would get nukes off Pakistan when they need it.

Saudi support for the Pakistani nuclear program was Iran specific..... not India. Just like they financially supported the Iraqi regime and the nuclear program in the 80s to support Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war. Infact, Saudis provided $28 billion in the 80s far far more to Iraq than Pakistan for this purpose.

Saudis don't have any problems with India and as long as the US nuclear umbrella is guaranteed, they won't go for nuclear weapons. The only case they would want nukes if Iran goes nuclear. But then would Pakistan provide Saudis nuke or lob nuclear missiles at Iran to please the Saudis? I doubt it very much.

It would be the end of Pakistani nukes if they do that.

NO !

That means they have already done and over with it.

long long time ago.

GCC countries normally do things and then announce they want to do this or they have done this, unlike our leaders who for decades say we will do this, we will do that, we will do this, we will do that......

Saudi Arabia should go for Nuclear Weapons other wise they can meat the fate of Iraq and Libya and to make a stand against Israel it should go for the weapons

Saudi support for the Pakistani nuclear program was Iran specific..... not India. Just like they financially supported the Iraqi regime and the nuclear program in the 80s to support Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war. Infact, Saudis provided $28 billion in the 80s far far more to Iraq than Pakistan for this purpose.

Saudis don't have any problems with India and as long as the US nuclear umbrella is guaranteed, they won't go for nuclear weapons. The only case they would want nukes if Iran goes nuclear. But then would Pakistan provide Saudis nuke or lob nuclear missiles at Iran to please the Saudis? I doubt it very much.

It would be the end of Pakistani nukes if they do that.

Hindu-stani wants to comment about Muslims countries !

don't talk about things you are not aware of, or incapable of understanding.

Why should there be a war between arabs and iranians. We must do everything in our power to stop muslims killing muslims at the behest of zionist ameicans and israelies

i look in my post i don't see any word that say " war " .

when i say not to be neutral i mean we should not let them have any war. we need to work hard to stop any kind of war between them.

and if u need my understanding there can't be any direct war between iran and saudia coz they don't share borders for iran it is very cheap and easy to create problems indirectly thru hothies in yemen , shia in saudia and bahraini shias .

Persians r samart they got fools, arab will fight each other without a single persian dieing. a better scenario instead of risking sunni world to be against iran or dragged into a long war like iran - iraq

and i m not against iran having nuclear bomb and same for saudia

TARIQ

Because of Israel and Iran

Because of Iran and its pursuit of nuclear weapons. Remember Israel had nuclear weapons for decades and yet Saudi Arabia didn't do anything in response. But now Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons Saudi Arabia is finally responding.

Unless Saudi Arabia buys nukes, its not going to make them.

How many Saudis understand nuclear physics and radiation hydrodynamics? I'm guessing the answer is "close to zero".

There could be a day in future when all countries in the world would end up having Nuclear weapons ... not that i support this but it may be a reality some day ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom