What's new

Saudi Arabia Has Started An Arms Race

Will there be direct military confrontation between Iran and KSA in the next 10 years?

• Total voters
Lool
Yes YEMEN desperately needs a THERESA MAY.:chilli:
@waz ,@Blue Marlin .

2560.jpg

What's this about? I'm confused now.:sick:

Ahahahah......:lol:. your spaghetti GOD will finally eradicate hunger on earth(something we humans have miserably failed to achieve for centuries). VIVA THE SPAGHETTI MONSTROUS GOD. :chilli:.
Nice 1:enjoy:.

Lool
Yes YEMEN desperately needs a THERESA MAY.:chilli:
@waz ,@Blue Marlin .
our gates are open for those who seek peace , freedom and spaghetti. No inquisition, massacring, torture, beahding, wars, hatred, anti semitism or apocalypse.

:D

It is for sure that China would not interfere. As long as Iran doesn't attack Qatar, even Turkey would stay neutral.
Iran never starts wars, if we attack any country, it's only because they have attacked us first or have allowed their soil to be used by others to attack Iran. It's only then that countries like Qatar will be attacked, because they already have declared war on us.

I think they jumped the gun.

It was never specifically meant to export to Arab countries, but "oppressed" people. The anti-monarchy rhetoric was because, hello!, the previous regime was a monarchy.

I think if regional countries had extended an olive branch instead of a knife right in the early days, in 1980 or a similar time, I think we would not be in the situation we are in now.

Well, to be honest where else do you think the revolution was meant for next? After the mullahs/Khomeini had achieved his revolution in Iran and made known Iran's desire to export it's version of 'islamic revolution' to the Muslim world,where else do you think they would have started if not with their neighbours or those closer to them?
Obviously the most obvious targets where Arab/Muslim states in the middle East. The Arabs from Egypt to Lebanon, to Iraq to Jordan to Gulf states etc were well aware of this, and toke this threat rather seriously having seen what happened in Iran with the Shah.
1979 was a pivotal year in the Muslim world indeed(one that change the region forever.)
The Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan, Sunni Muslim fundamentalists seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca, and the Ayatollah Khomeini led a Shiite revolution that swept the Shah of Iran from power and put in place one of the modern world's first Islamic republic. All these event helped change the course of the region and made governments in the Arab world from middle East to north Africa to panic.

Moreover, Khomeini was calling on the export of revolution to all countries, for confrontation with the “Great Satan” and the liberation of occupied territories. In order to demonstrate the revolution as an Islamic one rather than an Iranian one, he engaged himself with the Issues close to the hearts and minds of Arabs, namely the question of Palestine and Pan-Islamism to bring them to his side. This all made Arab leaders to be very distrustful of the new regime, it didn't help either that shias in KSA few months after the revolution rose up but that was put down by Saudi forces.

I believe that, although the Iranian revolution did not lead in the establishment of Pax Islamica(as Khomeini wished), it formed a new Islamic paradigm, which is increasingly radicalising dissatisfied Muslim communities who are desperate for change as they were encouraged by the success of the revolution . However, I think this will still have happened even without the revolution, given the extreme level of dissatisfaction, arbitrary governance, widening social divisions, the lack of any political platform for a dialogue between the governors and the governed and the failure of secular discourses in the region. So, it's true the Iranian revolution reinvigorated political Islam, but at the same time i think it created more division among the leaders in the Islamic world, as sunni leaders in the region were already wary of the shia order emerging in Tehran.

Granted that political disagreement was nothing new between Iran and its Arab neighbours. Nonetheless, i still believe after the revolution the political differences were articulated with a religious tone.
I will summarize this feeling with something I red online when king Abdullah of Jordan in an interview with London times said back then after the Iranian revolution : “we are facing the most difficult time that I ever witnessed in this region of the world. The threat of Zionism is not any greater than threat of Shiite fundamentalism”. Just shows they even considered both to be serious threats. :)

Last edited:
our gates are open for those who seek peace , freedom and spaghetti. No inquisition, massacring, torture, beahding, wars, hatred, anti semitism or apocalypse.
:D
Well when your neighbors have aimed their weapons toward you, then you want peace?

Don't be that naive. Even European wanted peace but when WW2 happened they massacred millions of each other. Actually in world no one wants peace. Every hellhole country wants mischief to increase its power. Only fools put their heads in sands and talk about peace...

Will there be direct military confrontation between Iran and KSA in the next 10 years?
Yes, Definitely will be, No doubt about it, It's inevitable. Our relationship with Saudi Arabia went down on a turmoil thanks to this guy .
%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AE-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%85%D8%B1-500x330.jpg

I'm absolutely sure our mullahs will find another mullah in next 10 years.

Yes, Definitely will be, No doubt about it. Our relationship with Saudi Arabia went down on a turmoil thanks to this guy .
%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AE-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%85%D8%B1-500x330.jpg

I'm absolutely sure our mullahs will find another mullah in next 10 years.
I think it went into turmoil the moment they supported Saddam in 1980.

I think it went into turmoil the moment they supported Saddam in 1980.
You probably don't know but before the revelation when Imam Khomeini was on rise to power, he said some quite interesting things about saudi royal family, And thanks to being dictators, they did what every dictator would do, they tried to save their own a*s from possible future threats.
But my point is even in the high of cold war, the U.S and the Soviet Union had their own embassies in each other country, But apparently in our country embassies only exist so when our momen brothers are unhappy with us having relationship with a country, they can set their embassy on fire. And when they get the guys responsible for that, instead of sentencing them to jail so they spend the rest of their lives rotting in prison, they face "Islamic Forgiveness" and end up being free or being the campaign manager of one of our "Principlist" presidential candidates. That's how absurd things are in our country.

Last edited:
This guy is not Russian, There's no way to this. His account was created 12 hours ago, he only has 11 posts, all of them are in this thread trolling us on how we are not Russia's ally, how Yemen is more advanced than us, how we created Taliban.
For you a russian consist only on "**** Arabs" am i right I mentioned on arab world classification why got mad about it and yes I am russian from ukraine and it's just a fact that russia is not an ally of iran but most likely a trade partner and arms exporter

Han yeh bhi hai lol
Bro, purchasing of JF 17 needs confirmation of multiple countries. Moreover we are still under UN sanctions and until the next 3-4 years we are unable to import fighter jets from foreign sources.
If thunder was completely produced in Pakistan, believe me we would replace our exhausted F-4s and F-5s with 150-250 thunders but it is a multi national product just like the F-35 lightning.

We have to develop homemade fighters and then think about importing them. We are working hardly, developing turbofan engines capable of thrust vectoring.

For you a russian consist only on "**** Arabs" am i right
Literally everyone in this forum knows i have nothing against Arabs, afters trolling us on we are the creator of Taliban, now you want to troll me on how racist i am? what's next?
Bro, purchasing of JF 17 needs confirmation of multiple countries. Moreover we are still under UN sanctions and until the next 3-4 years we are unable to import fighter jets from foreign sources.
If thunder was completely produced in Pakistan, believe me we would replace our exhausted F-4s and F-5s with 150-250 thunders but it is a multi national product just like the F-35 lightning.

We have to develop homemade fighters and then think about importing them. We are working hardly, developing turbofan engines capable of thrust vectoring.
Here's two good articles on our options for buying new fighter jets, JF-17 is one of the options too.
http://jangaavaran.ir/گزینه-های-پیشنهادی-جهت-نوسازی-نیروی-هو/
http://jangaavaran.ir/جنگنده-های-قابل-تهیه-در-بازار-جهانی/
This one includes all of military branches.
http://jangaavaran.ir/بودجه-نظامی-پیشنهادی-و-نوسازی-نیروی-ها/
Here's one on developing homemade fighters.
http://jangaavaran.ir/تولید-جنگنده-ملی،-از-افسانه-تا-واقعیت/

Last edited:
Your government is just full of dirt called (Mullahs) they should be executed they are building an all out war against the gulf countries who are protected by the U.S. if iran attacks them they know that means game over and the country will be divided after the war these times are 100× dangerous for iran just chill and don't build stupid threats !!! And after all israel will benefit after it's enemies are wiped of the map the same for syria and iraq if it continues then soon a new jewish state will be established it called "Kurdistan" and that's not the end that is just the beginning Rojava north syria,hewler north iraq, Rojhilatê Iran, Bakurê Turkey Isis is created by israel and by the kurds who have a international sponsorship for isis who are the kurds which they getting armed by germany,US, france and israel by money from the oil that the kurds steal from northern iraq and selling it illegally after that they coming from turkey with Turkish passports because they use this chance to blame turkey for supporting isis to make a mess between turkey and the West to create another civil war in turkey so that the so called brave kurds coming and fight terrorists for their greater "kurdistan" and that's it they giving their order (Green light)to isis to retreat for conquering more territory for their fake state which will serve israels interests in the middle east they want to make an ally for israel that's because israel is surrendered by enemies !!!

Did not read.

Let us get back on topic.

What do reasonable members think Iran has to do to increase the production and advancement rate of it's current promising fields (the first 4 I mentioned in the OP)? Looks to me that the budget has to be expanded in all areas to facilitate faster delivery of all this equipment.

Obviously there has to be something done about the IRIAF, but given the political uncertainties it is difficult to predict.

@Awan68 the JF-17 is a multirole aircraft. Most countries need a high-low mix of capabilities. For Pakistan, the F-16 provides the high capability end, and the JF-17 provides the low end. The F-16 plays the role of Pakistan's air superiority fighter. So by just getting the JF-17, the IRIAF really is incomplete, and has to get the high end of capabilities from somewhere. It is speculated this could be in the form of the Su-30SM. That itself is a highly capable multirole aircraft, which although the twin seat cockpit provides great flexibility, the large radar and high manoeuvrability would mean the Su-30 would be the high capability end of the IRIAF. But I'm not sure really if Iran had the ability to acquire the Su-30SM, it would also go for the JF-17. The Su-30SM could be a sort of stop gap, a short term solution until domestic projects can gain momentum. Thus a large JF-17 purchase on top of the Su-30 may not be attractive if Iran thinks it can make something in the role of the JF-17 by itself.

Back
Top Bottom