What's new

Saudi Arabia F-15 Silent Eagle and F-35 JSF

Okay sure. :tup: Lets discuss about the recent Saudi military performance.

How about against Houthi rebels? Last time i heard their performance was dismal

BBC News - Saudi troops 'captured' by Houthi rebels in Yemen

BBC News - Yemen Houthi rebels in the north 'release 178 captives'

I don't think the Saudis were ready for an insurgent battle basically $40 billion with alot of advanced tech but need more training, efficiency, coordination and intelligence. They had to use Airpower due to that but the Houthis could help SA become an efficient fighting force.

I don't think the Saudis were ready for an insurgent battle basically $40 billion with alot of advanced tech but need more training, efficiency, coordination and intelligence. They had to use Airpower due to that but the Houthis could help SA become an efficient fighting force.

Its not that they just suddenly surged their defence budget to 40 bn. They've been spending similar sums since quite a while. As you said they need more training and efficiency to become an effective fighting force. But the problem as I see is that they are not ready to accept their shortcomings. I think you can see quite a lot of examples here itself.

Its not that they just suddenly surged their defence budget to 40 bn. They've been spending similar sums since quite a while. As you said they need more training and efficiency to become an effective fighting force. But the problem as I see is that they are not ready to accept their shortcomings. I think you can see quite a lot of examples here itself.

I am tired of saying the same things again and again. Go check these two threads:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...i-air-force-now-future-complete-analysis.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...124699-royal-saudi-land-forces-equipment.html

VERY GOOD VERYY HAPPY TO SEE SAUDI ARABIA DEVELOPING , IM VERY HAPPY AS I DNT SEE AS KSA A THREAT TO TURKEY BUT BECOMING A GOOD FRIEND , ALSO IAM IN IMPROVING RELATIONS WITH ARAB COUNTRIES I THINK PAST WITH OTTOMAN TIMES HAVE PAST , YOU THINK KSA AND TURKEY CAN BE VERY CLOSE ALLIES IN NEXT 10 YEARS?

VERY GOOD VERYY HAPPY TO SEE SAUDI ARABIA DEVELOPING , IM VERY HAPPY AS I DNT SEE AS KSA A THREAT TO TURKEY BUT BECOMING A GOOD FRIEND , ALSO IAM IN IMPROVING RELATIONS WITH ARAB COUNTRIES I THINK PAST WITH OTTOMAN TIMES HAVE PAST , YOU THINK KSA AND TURKEY CAN BE VERY CLOSE ALLIES IN NEXT 10 YEARS?
Are you sure you improve your relationship with Arab states.

I think Turks would have a natural resentment against any alliance with Arabs in the Arabian peninsula. Because they have a history of betraying Turkey (Ottoman) at its crucial time.

:no:

Saudi Arabia vows to invest $400 bln in Turkey in 4 years

English.news.cn 2010-04-01 20:15:04

ANKARA, April 1 (Xinhua) -- Saudi Finance Minister Ibrahim Abdul Aziz al-Assaf said Thursday Saudi Arabia would invest a total of 400 billion U.S. dollars in Turkey in four years, the semi-official Anatolia news agency reported.

Al-Assaf made the remarks at a joint press conference with Turkish Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek in the Turkish capital of Ankara, noted that the two countries planned to organize a forum for joint investments.

He said the two countries had great potential in the areas of economy and commerce, adding the governments of two countries should provide opportunities for the private sector.

According to Al-Assaf, Turkey and Saudi Arabia were determined to boost their bilateral trade volume up to 10 billion dollars.

Al-Assaf invited Turkish businessmen to make investments in Saudi Arabia, vowing to solve the problems faced by businessmen in investments.

For his part, Simsek said Turkey wants to draw funds from the Gulf countries to finance its current account deficit.

"The Gulf is a region which has current account surplus. Turkey on the other hand is a dynamic fast growing country which relatively has a savings gap. Turkey and the Gulf region can complement each other," said Simsek.

He also said the financial crisis increased the importance of regional cooperation.

Turkey to Revive Hijaz Rail Line

12 August 2011

The Turkish Government has started work on a plan to revive the Hijaz railway line linking Istanbul in Turkey to Mecca in Saudi Arabia, which was originally built during the Ottoman era in the 20th century.

The plan includes restoration of a 2,200km railway line passing through Turkey, Syria and Jordan to link Istanbul and Mecca, reducing the distance between the two cities to 24 hours.

The train will provide service from Istanbul and run via the Turkish cities of Adana and Othmaneya, before passing through Jordan with Medina as the train's final destination, according to middleeastmonitor.

The high-speed rail is expected to carry more than two million passengers every year to the holy places of Hajj and Umrah, enhancing trade between the countries in the region.

railway-technology.com

Link Wikipedia “Hejaz Railway”:

Hejaz Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is only the beginning. ^ ^

yes im sure improving with countries like KSA , QATAR , ETC , also i also had a bit of anger towards arabs but i see its changing now and arabs see some of those backstabbers so i would like good relationship also very good realtions with indonesia , malaysia etc i remember when ottomans helped indonesia alot against dutch

yes im sure improving with countries like KSA , QATAR , ETC , also i also had a bit of anger towards arabs but i see its changing now and arabs see some of those backstabbers so i would like good relationship also very good realtions with indonesia , malaysia etc i remember when ottomans helped indonesia alot against dutch
Good luck then, but the truth is Turkey after the big fail to be European turn back to the Arab to gain some leverage and market but the bad truth is those Arab that Turkey want to be ally with are almost have one direction they always aligned with and that direction tune them to how far they can go with Turkey!!! so Turkey again chose the wrong one while Turkey did nothing with those Arabs who has some independent more than intervene with there affairs.

Mosa, don't wast your time.
القافلة تسير والكلاب تنبح

Back
Top Bottom