What's new

Saudi Arabia Cuts Ties With Iran

Sounds like the rest of the middle east;

The middle East isn't as different as we all like to make it out to be. During the golden age of Islam, countries meant nothing. Today we fight over our scientists and poets, as each nation claims that the person belonged to their country.

Can I ask you a serious question? Do Egyptians in general consider themselves as Arab?

We consider ourselves as Egyptians and Arabs. Those are two mutually eligable "classifications" and not contradictory.
Our official name is the Arab Republic of Egypt. Some of the leading pan-Arab movements emerged in Egypt. Along with Syria and Iraq etc. Egypt has had an tremendous influence on Arabic culture from literature, music, cinema, cuisine to Islamic movements.

We are also located in the middle of the Arab world. Libya and the Maghreb to the West, Sudan to the South, Levant and Arabia to the East.

Most non-Arabs who embark upon learning Arabic learn Egyptian Arabic. Egypt is considered as the Mother of the Arabs among many Arabs as well. The headquarters of the Arab League is also located in Cairo, Egypt. See post 346 for more detailed information.

It should be clear by now.

In any case we are a diverse country and proud of this. Nor do I frankly care how others view us as long as we know who we are.

Last edited:
We consider ourselves as Egyptians and Arabs. Those are two mutually eligable "classifications" and not contradictory.
Our official name is the Arab Republic of Egypt. Some of the leading pan-Arab movements emerged in Egypt. Along with Syria and Iraq etc. Egypt has had an tremendous influence on Arabic culture from literature, music, cinema, cuisine to Islamic movements.

We are also located in the middle of the Arab world. Libya and the Maghreb to the West, Sudan to the South, Levant and Arabia to the East.

Most non-Arabs who embark upon learning Arabic learn Egyptian Arabic. Egypt is considered as the Mother of the Arabs among many Arabs as well. See post 346 for more detailed information.

In any case we are a diverse country and proud of this.

See
here is the problem as I see it.

Saudi arabia cutting ties with Iran, is a political matter.

Blood lines and genealogy getting discussed in this thread points to the low mental and educational level we have sunk to.

A mullah doesnt represent our nation, mate.
I am not talking about Iran..

Ceyal promoting Iranian culture which sold itself out to the Arabs and took on the Arab culture. :lol:

What do we expect for a 50 cents Moroccan Hebrew....IGNORANCE...Persian culture, science and Art radiated throughout the Muslim dynasties. Educate yourself...Tukhas!
תַחַת

They didnt let, both cultures integrated much of Islamic architecture, culture, 'cuisine', ideas and ect.. originated from Iran.
Google Grenada, the blue mosque of Istanbul, all the ex Muslim Soviet union states, Iraq, Syria and you will see the extent of the Persian contribution.

Kuwait now on board too.

Hopefully when Iran's fanboy Obama leaves office, a republican will take over and bring back sanctions on Iran.
Little you know about republicans...Republicans are all about business and Iran has $ 150 B to be released.

The middle East isn't as different as we all like to make it out to be. During the golden age of Islam, countries meant nothing. Today we fight over our scientists and poets, as each nation claims that the person belonged to their country.
I completely agree, back then no one considered themselves Arabs, Turks, Persians and ect... their identity, nationality, objective, culture and borders were all one.

We are neither Orientals nor Europeans. We aren't "emotional" or "cool". These are btw clichéd categories. We Turks are historically, genetically, culturally and geographically Eurasian. We are part of both continents. I see similarities between Turks on one side and Iranians and Arabs on the other side. But I also see irreconcilable differences.

Turkey is just Turkey. You can not compare us with others. We have our own mix in every field. For us Wahhabis are worthless, useless and dangerous shit. We consider this takfiri sect as an Arabian problem rather than as an Islamic issue. At the same time Turks distance themselves from Shiites.

So we should stay neutral in any conflict in the Middle East - together with Pakistan.

So we should stay neutral in any conflict in the Middle East - together with Pakistan.

Not gonna happen. Maybe for Pakistan, but as for Turkey, Erdogan's uncompromising character will make sure you get in bed with wahabbis which you claim to hate so much. It's already happening.

Not gonna happen. Maybe for Pakistan, but as for Turkey, Erdogan's uncompromising character will make sure you get in bed with wahabbis which you claim to hate so much. It's already happening.
erdogan-ruhani-ile-ilk-kez-bir-araya-geldi_92960_b.jpg

+
291220151743400807272_2.jpg

=
Turkey says ready to help calm Saudi Arabia-Iran tensions - Times of India

How long for ?

Eventually everyone will be sucked in, if this conflict is allowed to continue.
WW2 couldn't sucked us in...this will ?? :)

On topic....too much riff raff over a decapitated mullah. :coffee:

I wouldn't include Turkey nor Iran in that group. Those two countries have decent economy, scientific research, education and so on. Turkey does not rely on natural resources, Iran does, but they have been under sanctions for a very long time, even so you guys managed to continue on your track, which i respect.
Turkish and Iranian leaders are very practical and realist. They are perfectly aware of the zero-sum game that is played in the world, you always act in accordance with first priority being the interest of your nation. The people may not be the brightest, but compared to the Arabian peninsula they are much better in every field.
Seems like you don't know Iran and Iranians much brother....i would advice to stay away from them.

We are people of honor, honest. Iranians doesn't have these concepts. Just stay away from them.

You used to make balanced comments....now, you are doing foreseeing ?

WW2 couldn't sucked us in...this will ?? :)

On topic....too much riff raff over a decapitated mullah. :coffee:

Seems like you don't know Iran and Iranians much brother....i would advice to stay away from them.

We are people of honor, honest. Iranians doesn't have these concepts. Just stay away from them.

You used to make balanced comments....now, you are doing foreseeing ?
I love you too, buddy.

Erdogan is not idiot as many present them here... he will do what is in best interest of Turkey...

unlike Pakistan Turks have stake in middle east hence they have to chose allies and friend in region.. best would be friendship with both Iran and Arabs, but it seems Iranian are not interested in good relation with either... so i think its logical that Turks chose Arabs instead of Iran... but that does not mean that Turkey will get in bed with Wahhabis... Turkey didnt become part of yemen war for saudis ... turkey was hesitant to join 34 countries alliance militarily.. so what led u to belive that erdogan will become part of this shit..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom