What's new

Saudi Arabia Cuts Ties With Iran

He's making fun of your persian pronunciation. You can't pronounce Arabic sounds so might as well quit uttering our holy language, also stop using our holy alphabet.

Thank God that I speak the language of the Qur'an.
holy language is some new concept for me it remind me of some fantasy stories that they speak some strange gibberish and voila the spacetime frame is ripped apart and impossible will become possible.

Breaking: Sudan cuts diplomatic ties with Iran
that's yesterday news not breaking news . by the way I thought Sudan cut its ties with Iran last year , I wonder how they cut their ties against. ?

No offence but nastaliq looks ugly, Avestan and Kufic looks better.
No offence but Nastaliq is known as one of the most beautiful scripts in the world.

1258264998_moradi-rasul-17.jpg

Kufic = Iraqi

Both Arabic and Perso-Arabic have beautiful scripts. Most people can agree with this. Stupid discussion. Next.
Lost and buried beautiful art and poetry of Hijaz in extremism ....Always try to explore the real hijaz in the sand of time. But nowhere to found.

The fact remains the same. Iran's by far biggest trading partner is the UAE. The biggest Iranian diaspora in the region is located in the GCC. The GCC-Iran trade is hugely one-sided and in favor of the GCC. Of course the GCC will also lose as well if all trading ties are stopped but the impact will be nowhere as big as in the case of Iran. This is obvious for everyone.
Don't forget that the economy of the GCC is 4-5 times bigger than that of Iran.

Last time I checked, Oman was part of the GCC so exchanging UAE, Dubai in particular, with Oman won't exactly disprove my points.
In any case you are not really arguing against my main point.

Anyway what will happen with Iranian pilgrims? Will they be banned from performing Hajj and Umrah in KSA? If so how does that correspondent with the fact that Iran claims to be an Islamic country?
Also why does it seem to be a tradition in Iran to burn other countries embassies and consulates time and time again? I don't get it. You can have tensions etc. but you don't burn other peoples embassies down or attack them.
Also what's the problem between KSA and Iran? You never fought against each other directly. Look at Egypt and Israel. Is it not time to move on and grow up? Or just finally attack each other instead of using gullible proxies abroad? I might side with KSA in case of a war with Iran but I don't like how both regimes use proxies in the region. Look how much harm those proxies have done all across the region while KSA and Iran is safe. It's high time for reforms in those two countries. The Muslims and people of the world are tired of your behavior.

1. Regarding trade, How is the trade between iran and gcc one-sided? Can you explain the economic theory behind this?
2. Regarding hajj, i think it depends on the narrative. If ban is for security issues, then it wont affect our religious identity that muchm however banning hajj is difficukt for bith countries. Ksa isnt comfortable in banning iranians from hajj and neither is IRI, even though both countries would love to do it
3. Regarding embassy, mons attack embassies around te world. The difference is a few windows were broken in this incident while in 2003 and 90s, iranian embassies were attacked in a way that many people died.
4. Regarding relationships, its not surprising, its political struggle for regional influence. Ine day it used to be Egypt (under Nasser ) vs Saddat, now its Saudi vs Iran.

1. Regarding trade, How is the trade between iran and gcc one-sided? Can you explain the economic theory behind this?
2. Regarding hajj, i think it depends on the narrative. If ban is for security issues, then it wont affect our religious identity that muchm however banning hajj is difficukt for bith countries. Ksa isnt comfortable in banning iranians from hajj and neither is IRI, even though both countries would love to do it
3. Regarding embassy, mons attack embassies around te world. The difference is a few windows were broken in this incident while in 2003 and 90s, iranian embassies were attacked in a way that many people died.
4. Regarding relationships, its not surprising, its political struggle for regional influence. Ine day it used to be Egypt (under Nasser ) vs Saddat, now its Saudi vs Iran.

1. GCC exports to Iran are much, much higher than Iranian exports to GCC. That's what I meant with one-sided trade. I could post some links that confirm this but I cannot post any links yet it says. To start with you could simply make a search about "UAE-Iran" relations for instance.

2. From what I know KSA has not banned Iranian pilgrims from visiting Makkah and Madinah. I don't know about Iran's current position though. But yes, it is not in the interest of KSA to ban Iranian pilgrims, despite others being able to fill the gap, nor for Iran for religious reasons.

3. But it has happened so many times in Iran and has had disastrous consequences for that country. It's unacceptable that this occurs again and again and it gives a lot of bad publicity. Not wise at all. Your security should control your mobs better the next time.

4. Yes, but you two guys have taken it to the extreme and I can't think of such a destructive "rivalry" in the Middle East in my lifetime. Nor two such damaging influences in the region. It's a shame that both of you try to make excuses and accuse the other party of being worse when you are both guilty. You should stop especially as you are the only two countries who claim to be Islamic but your behavior is so far away from anything Islamic that I can think of. You only use religion as a way of gaining influence and pervert Islam.
To be honest with you, on many fronts both of your regimes are a disgrace. Of course I won't get any praise from any of you by stating this but most Muslims think this today let alone non-Muslims.

Anyway enough of this discussion and enough of stating the obvious.

No offence but nastaliq looks ugly, Avestan and Kufic looks better.
Any person, who is able to read both Nastaleeq and Kufic scripts will testify that Nastaleeq is a very beautiful font.
Not only in Iran, but Nastaleeq is at top in Afghanistan and Pakistan too (although we also have Kufi font, but no one uses it for Urdu or Dari).

Saudi and Iran concerted effort to lifting oil prices......................................

Oil price slump will killing them both

1. GCC exports to Iran are much, much higher than Iranian exports to GCC. That's what I meant with one-sided trade. I could post some links that confirm this but I cannot post any links yet it says. To start with you could simply make a search about "UAE-Iran" relations for instance.

2. From what I know KSA has not banned Iranian pilgrims from visiting Makkah and Madinah. I don't know about Iran's current position though. But yes, it is not in the interest of KSA to ban Iranian pilgrims, despite others being able to fill the gap, nor for Iran for religious reasons.

3. But it has happened so many times in Iran and has had disastrous consequences for that country. It's unacceptable that this occurs again and again and it gives a lot of bad publicity. Not wise at all. Your security should control your mobs better the next time.

4. Yes, but you two guys have taken it to the extreme and I can't think of such a destructive "rivalry" in the Middle East in my lifetime. Nor two such damaging influences in the region. It's a shame that both of you try to make excuses and accuse the other party of being worse when you are both guilty. You should stop especially as you are the only two countries who claim to be Islamic but your behavior is so far away from anything Islamic that I can think of. You only use religion as a way of gaining influence and pervert Islam.
To be honest with you, on many fronts both of your regimes are a disgrace. Of course I won't get any praise from any of you by stating this but most Muslims think this today let alone non-Muslims.

Anyway enough of this discussion and enough of stating the obvious.

1. I think you are simplifying trade. You seem to assume that trade between two countries means whoever is exporting more is the stronger partner, correct?
That's not how it works. The trade between USA & Saudi shows that USA imports more from Saudi than it exports. Does this put USA in a weaker economic position? If trade between the two countries get cancelled, would you say that USA will the one who will lose out?

2. We agree on this part.

3. You say "so many times", but how many is "so many times"? Consider Egypt, your country. In July, 2015, gunmen killed guard at the Niger Embassy. Same month, bomb was blasted at the Italian embassy killing one. In 2012, Egyptians stormed the American embassy. In 2011, Egyptians attacked the Israeli embassy.

That's 4 incidents between 2011 & 2015. Between 2011 & 2015 we had no incident. This was one incident this year 2016, which no one was hurt, and the last incident was in 2011, when again, no one was hurt.

Our own embassies have been attacked in Lebanon, Afghanistan, UK, and Canada.

4. It just seems more extreme to you because it is happening in the present. The conflict between Egypt & Saudi meant both of them got heavily involved in Yemen. Between 100,000 to 200,000 Yemenis died in that conflict, but this was not just a proxy war, because both nations were directly involved. A 1000 Saudi soldiers died, and 26,000 Egyptian soldiers.

Saudi is a real country with a real economy, it can whistand the low oil prices.

Iran on the other hand, is a semi functioning mafia land where the RG owns more than 200 companies that monopolize a wide range of industries. And where the average citizen is taxed to oblivion.

Saudi lowering oil price is like a a sick man who's being treated with chemo to cure his cancer. The cancer here being Iran.

More countries cutting ties with the axis of evil Iran.

Such a shame that the Obama administration saved Iran from collapse. Had he not bailed them out, the regime's end would have surely come sooner or later being financially bankrupt, isolated and sanctioned.

Instead Hussein gave them a cash injection, lifted sanctions and allowed them to continue their hegemony.

Americans have no interest in a collapse of Iran for now..

They need them to show the world how bad Muslims and Jews are just keep the fire from not going off.. Without conflict you cannot shape and milk the region

Kuwait recalls Iran envoy over Saudi embassy attack
a15672c4-02cf-4a44-9414-2066426fc2b8_16x9_788x442.JPG

Flames rise from Saudi Arabia's embassy during a demonstration in Tehran January 2, 2016. (Reuters)

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Kuwait recalled its ambassador to Iran on Tuesday, state news agency KUNA reported, after Gulf Arab allies Saudi Arabia and Bahrain severed relations with Tehran following attacks on Saudi missions by Iranian protesters.

"An official source at the Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry said that the ministry recalled the Ambassador of the State of Kuwait to the Islamic Republic of Iran on Tuesday morning Jan. 5 2016, against the backdrop of the attacks carried out by crowds of demonstrators," the agency reported.

The protests followed Saudi Arabia's execution of Shite preacher Nimr al-Nimr.

Bahrain decided to cut ties with Iran on Monday and gave Iranian envoys 48 hours to leave the kingdom, expressing similar sentiments to that of Saudi Arabia when it accused Tehran of interfering in the affairs of regional countries and giving safe haven to terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda.

Sudan also decided to expel Iran’s ambassador from Khartoum and denounced Iran’s interference in the region.

Meanwhile, the UAE on Monday downgraded Iran’s diplomatic representation and cut the number of envoys allowed on its soil.

The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the Arab League on Sunday expressed support for Saudi Arabia’s ongoing fight against “terrorism.”

The six-member regional bloc’s secretary general Abdullatif al-Zayani said that the GCC, which includes Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi, “stands side by side” with Riyadh, holding Iran as responsible.

His remarks came after Tehran lashed out at Riyadh for the executions of 47 people, include Shiite preacher Nimr.

Early Sunday, Saudi’s embassy in Tehran and its consulate in Mashhad were attacked by Iranian protesters in reaction to Nimr’s death.

The Gulf states have long-accused Tehran of meddling in their affairs.

(With Reuters and AFP)

Last Update: Tuesday, 5 January 2016 KSA 12:25 - GMT 09:25
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...5/Kuwait-recalls-its-ambassador-to-Iran-.html

UNSC condemns attack on Saudi embassy in Iran
142675bf-ec31-454b-95cd-02d2f7f0704d_16x9_788x442.jpg

The United Nations headquarters is lit up in blue to honor the 70th anniversary of the United Nations in New York, October 23, 2015. (Reuters)

AFP, United Nations Tuesday, 5 January 2016

The U.N. Security Council on Monday strongly condemned an attack on the Saudi embassy in Tehran and its consulate in Mashhad by angry protesters.

The statement by the 15-member council made no mention of the execution of Nimr al-Nimr and called on Iran to protect diplomatic personnel and property.

Saudi Arabia cut off diplomatic ties with Iran on Sunday after protesters ransacked and set fire to the Saudi Embassy in Tehran and the consulate in Mashhad.

“The members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest terms the attacks against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s embassy in Tehran, and its Consulate General in Mashhad in the Islamic Republic of Iran, which resulted in intrusions into the diplomatic and consular premises, causing serious damage,” said the council statement.

Expressing “deep concern” over the attacks, the council “called on the Iranian authorities to protect diplomatic and consular property and personnel, and to respect fully their international obligations in this regard.”

Council members urged the sides to “maintain dialogue and take steps to reduce tensions in the region.”

Saudi Ambassador Abdallah al-Mouallimi had earlier urged the council to “take all appropriate measures to ensure the inviolability of diplomatic facilities and the protection of all Saudi diplomats in Iran.”

Riyadh also defended the execution of 47 men including Nimr, saying in a letter to U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon that they were “granted fair and just trials without any consideration to their intellectual, racial or sectarian affiliation.”

International fears were growing that the Saudi-Iranian rift would derail peace efforts in Syria and Yemen and two U.N. envoys were dispatched to Riyadh to keep diplomatic gains afloat.

However, Mouallimi said there was not cause for concern as Saudi Arabia saw no “effect” to the break with Iran on Yemen and Syria.

“From our side, it should have no effect because we will continue to work very hard to support the peace efforts in Syria and Yemen,” Mouallimi told reporters.

Last Update: Tuesday, 5 January 2016 KSA 07:47 - GMT 04:47
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...condemns-attack-on-Saudi-embassy-in-Iran.html

The Real Reason Behind Saudi Arabia's Move Against Iran

Panos Mourdoukoutas

For more than a year, Saudi Arabia has been waging a price war against US frackers—raising rather than cutting its oil production.

The trouble is that this game ended up hurting its own financial coffers more than those of American frackers. Last August, Saudi Arabia issued $5 billion in bonds to cover a big shortfall in its oil revenues.

Now, Saudi Arabia is engaged in another war, in our opinion — trying to keep Iranian oil off the market to push oil prices higher by provoking a Saudi-Iran conflict.

First, Saudi Arabia proceeded with plans to execute a dissident Shiite cleric, Nimr al-Nimr, though it was almost certain that the execution would invoke anti-Saudi protest in Iran.

Second, it quickly cut diplomatic relations with Iran, after such protests took place in Tehran and turned violent.

The logic behind these moves is clear: a Saudi-Iran conflict is like adding fuel to the many fires already burning in the region, raising fears of oil supply disruptions — hence, higher oil prices.

Then there is the potential of oil sanctions against Iran coming back on the table should the Iranian response to Saudi moves get out of control. That would certainly mean higher oil prices.

That sounds like a win-win situation for Saudi Arabia.

Back
Top Bottom