What's new

Saudi Arabia announces formation of Islamic military coalition of 34 States.

A little too late don't you think? Russia, France, Britain, Germany, et al. are in Syria already.

I hope that the below countries stay out of this middle-east mess and for the betterment of South, Central and East Asia

the Islamic Republic of Pakistan ,
People's Republic of Bangladesh ,
Republic of Maldives ,
the Kingdom of the Federation of Malaysia

Your whole narrative on the regional crisis is Iranian. And you being born Shia are in Iranian camp. You sound like Iranian FM. Anyway you can keep pushing falsehood but like others you won't succeed. Only the good and honest will prevail while you guys drunk on power will collapse.
you are not even Muslim, wtf are you doing in this thread.

Sectarian issues are seperate they would be dealt separately
They are the main issue in almost every Muslim country facing terrorism today - Daesh, TTP, LeJ, Boko Haram, Al Shabab ... none of these groups are fighting for Palestine - they are all based on extremist Sunni ideology and trying to impose a perverted from of Islam that has its roots in the intolerance and prejudice many Islamic scholars have been promoting for so long.

Your whole narrative on the regional crisis is Iranian. And you being born Shia are in Iranian camp. You sound like Iranian FM. Anyway you can keep pushing falsehood but like others you won't succeed. Only the good and honest will prevail while you guys drunk on power will collapse.
When did I say I was 'born Shia' or that 'I am Shia', and even if I was, it has no bearing on the arguments I made. Are you denying Saudi/GCC support for 'Islamist terrorists' in Syria and Iraq? Are you denying Saudi funding for extremist mosques, madrasas and Islamic scholars around the world that spread intolerance and hatred?

Groups like Daesh and LeJ and TTP have no interest in Palestine - they are concerned with massacring their fellow Shia Muslims more than anything else. Its the reality of the threat that faces the Islamic world today.

What the ....? So bunch of Muslim countries in coalition inevitably mean its Islamic? And what is this? Medieval era? Islamic crusade? And who'll be the terrorists? Iran? Pfffttt using religion at its finest. And a military coalition led by who? A country getting their royal asses whipped by bunch of houthis :angry:

Are you denying Saudi/GCC support for 'Islamist terrorists' in Syria and Iraq?

What 'terrorists'? Saudi Arabia has no involvement in Iraq. Iran funds militias in Iraq. You are clearly pushing Iranian narrative based off falsehoods which you know is rejected here. You can demonize KSA as much as you wish. But when you start pushing your Iranian agenda and make up outright lies then you are going to run into trouble. Your beloved Iran is a sectarian nation committing aggression/ethnic cleansing against Sunni Arabs. And the US is warming up to Iran. I also reject your narrative about Syria. You are intentionally misrepresenting the conflict in order to advance Iranian agenda. I don't share a Saudi agenda, I speak the literal truth about the conflict in the region and the aims of all camps. And I believe the Sunni islamist camp is the only one with good aims.

Groups like Daesh and LeJ and TTP have no interest in Palestine - they are concerned with massacring their fellow Shia Muslims more than anything else. Its the reality of the threat that faces the Islamic world today

I don't even know what LeJ or TTP are, if it's something about Asia keep it to yourself.

Pakistanis are mostly Sunni Hanafi and we have Persian influence. We consider ourselves Muslims not Sunni or Shia. This campaign to overthrow Assad has been turned into a Sunni-Shia conflict. That is why Pakistan will remain neutral.

Saudis are so adorable really. There were no such news in any media outlet that such a coalition was in the making and here we see a list of 34 confirmed alliance partners. Just like the coalition that attacked Yemen had Pakistan in it, well at least our flag was there during the early press briefings.

Do they know what is the meaning of an alliance is? If that is how much the Saudi Arabia thinks its influence is over these Muslim countries, and if this statement was actually made by a Saudi official then they are in for a big surprise.

And if we do join this alliance of mighty Muslim countries, how many of them are going to send their contingents to help us complete our operations in tribal areas. Or is it just that 33 countries will be joining this alliance to protect the one and only KSA.

Pakistanis are mostly Sunni Hanafi and we have Persian influence. We consider ourselves Muslims not Sunni or Shia. This campaign to overthrow Assad has been turned into a Sunni-Shia conflict. That is why Pakistan will remain neutral.

I never considered Pakistan to be part of conflict in first place. It is Levantine-Arabian peninsula conflict which pertains to that region. But if Pakistan is ever asked to partake in conflict, I support it's position to be neutral. My problem isn't with Pakistan, my problem with the user who keeps shoving the same old 'US/Sunni's want to topple Assad and Iran is resistance against US/Israel' bs down our throats.

What 'terrorists'? Saudi Arabia has no involvement in Iraq. Iran funds militias in Iraq.
Iran funds militia's in Iraq that are assisting the incumbent Iraqi government in fighting off the terrorist group called Daesh, unlike the Saudis/GCC which are directly and indirectly funding extremist terrorist groups like Al Nusra and Daesh in their irrational hatred of Assad over his Iran ties. I would think you would support Iran's militias in Iraq and Syria that are fighting off Daesh and Al Nusra advances.
You are clearly pushing Iranian narrative based off falsehoods which you know is rejected here. You can demonize KSA as much as you wish.
KSA is demonizing itself by using extremist Sunni terrorist groups and funding extremist religious ideology across the globe.

And I believe the Sunni islamist camp is the only one with good aims.
What exactly constitutes the 'Sunni Islamist camp'?
I don't even know what LeJ or TTP are, if it's something about Asia keep it to yourself.
They are the Asian version of Daesh, and they are Sunni terrorist groups massacring Shia in Pakistan and pose the greatest threat to Pakistan currently - why shouldn't they be brought into the discussion? Are sectarian Sunni terrorist groups who massacre innocent Shia out of the scope of this 'Islamic Military coalition'?

US supplied Marshall aid to Europe especially Germany to rebuild. But the Saudis have funded the wars and conflicts in the Middle East. They bankrolled Iraq for 10 year war against Iran, then bankrolled the US for invasion of Iraq and now are supporting ISIS. They have been also funding the anti-Shia terrorists attacks around the world. Saudis instead of create peace and prosperity have created wars due to their extreme Wahhabi ideology.
I agree with most of what you said, except for the ideology (and the US invasion, but that's a different story). The Saudis are doing it out of geopolitics, not out of ideological drive. They want to dominate the region, and Iran is their main opponent, Iran just happens to be Shia majority, so a sectarian angle appears out of this.

I've said it before, blaming wahhabism doesn't solve anything. If Wahhabism didn't exist, KSA would STILL engage in such acts. They want to become the center of power in the middle east, and they'll do whatever they have to, in order to get it.

All I know is that Pakistan should stay out of KSA's and Iran's bickering. Pakistan is a place where Sunni and Shia are suppose to live in harmony, and staying away from their constant arguing will help in that regard.

They are the Asian version of Daesh, and they are Sunni terrorist groups massacring Shia in Pakistan and pose the greatest threat to Pakistan currently - why shouldn't they be brought into the discussion? Are sectarian Sunni terrorist groups who massacre innocent Shia out of the scope of this 'Islamic Military coalition'?

Wait, so you are advocating for Saudi, Iranian, and Bangladeshi forces on Pakistani soil?

Have you had your coffee yet?

Wait, so you are advocating for Saudi, Iranian, and Bangladeshi forces on Pakistani soil?

Have you had your coffee yet?
Did I say I wanted foreign forces on Pakistani soil? An end to funding (government and private) for these groups and other extremist religious institutions from the GCC would be a huge achievement.

Let me tell what it is exactly. This is nothing more than conjoining of previous sentiments expressed by Muslim nations. Before this coalition, there were smaller alliances that included intelligence sharing, funding, etc....It however didn't intimidate anybody. Sunni Islamists are growing their spine. The recent statements by the Nusra Front leader who rejected attendance of Riyadh conference went along something like this:

"We don't need the foreign world or local regimes to dictate our peoples future for us. We demand an Islamic state, overthrow of Assad regime and the people demand this political alternative."

This frightened the Muslim regimes/local regimes. So they seek to also grow their spine and announce larger coalition which will include intelligence sharing, sharing advise of how to deal with popular support for Islam, how to gain support of populations, develop at least military or political strategy of how to deal with Sunni Islamist in future if they continue gaining prominence. It helps them feel safe and lets people know they are working. There will be no major military operations, there will be slow war of attrition and mostly intelligence gathering/crackdown on local Islamists.

The guy 'Agnostic Muslim' has it totally wrong. He is pushing Iranian narrative and trying to victimize Iran and sectarian Shia militias. This isn't even directed at Iran.
Regardless of the narrative, I have my doubts that this will be anything more than a symbolic force, meant as nothing more than to reassure the people of the region of unity between Muslim nations, against ISIS.

My thoughts exactly.

I doubt think Iran will complain too much. Still, Pakistan needs to be careful, Iran is an immediate neighbor, KSA is a far off entity.

As for the Saudis going berzerk? Not really, they're doing this to expand their influence, and as we know, the quickest way to expand one's influence is conflict and military.

Anyway, I have serious doubts about this "coalition". Unless they can prove that they're serious, and effective, I consider it as being nothing more than symbolic gesture.
We are afraid of Iran too? On second thoughts we should be not so much to sacrifice Pakistan's interests.

Back
Top Bottom