What's new

Saudi Arabia announces formation of Islamic military coalition of 34 States.

All these countries, well except for Turkey and Pakistan, are not capable of being self sufficient. They can't produce fighter jets, tanks, bombs, guns, or as a mater of fact, can't even train their armies.

Last edited:
Stop giving credit to Iran my friend, trust me I know my people very well. This is not a fear of Iran. They can deal with Iran if they have political willingness to do so. Iran has no popular support in the region, only Shia's support it. We don't like Iran and see as sectarian country which has committed grave misdoings against the Sunni people. Iran wouldn't have gotten to where it was today had US not paved the way for it.
The credit goes to USA and Russia, some to Europe, Sunni and Shiite sectarianism is entering berserker mode.

Announcing the creation of a 'military coalition' alone is not much more than good PR for the Saudis.

What really needs to be looked at are the details - how the 'coalition' defines 'terrorism' and 'fighting terrorism', what the process of ' determining that the definition of terrorism is being met' is, how the coalition determines that there is 'justification for military action by the coalition' and whether participation in any military effort (once the coalition has agreed that there is justification for military action under its rules) is 'binding' upon member States.

Even if the internal mechanisms of the 'coalition' become clear, how does the coalition ensure that military action by the coalition against another State is in accordance with the requirements of the UN Charter? Depending upon the substance of this 'coalition', NATO might offer lessons on structure, but I highly doubt this 'coalition' is going to be even remotely close to NATO in terms of the requirements placed upon member States.

I don't see it coming anytime soon, its just a stunt. 34 countries and who will invest ? Probably 2,3 or 4 ? Till when??

Or maybe to counter the argument that terrorism is islamic.
The GCC States need to stop funding and supporting (directly or indirectly) Daesh, Al Nusra and end funding for extremist scholars, madrassas and mosques and support an end to Blasphemy laws and anti-Ahmadi laws to counter the argument you refer to.

As long as we justify prejudice, discrimination and the killing of innocents on the pretext of 'blasphemy' or because they believe in a faith that we don't support, the Islam that the world sees (because it is the Islam that Muslims support and practice) will always be synonymous with terrorism.

I don't see it coming anytime soon, its just a stunt. 34 countries and who will invest ? Probably 2,3 or 4 ? Till when??
I agree, it's a PR gimmick. Have the Saudis and GCC ended funding for Daesh or Al Nusra or thousands of extremist scholars, mosques and madrassas around the world?

If the GCC can't even do that much (which is in their control) what's the point of this 'Islamic Military Coalition'?

Great news, Jerusalem here we come :lol:

Sure does look great on paper though. Anyways, size doesn't mean anything anymore in modern warfare.

All these countries, well except for Turkey and Pakistan, are not capable of being self sufficient. They can't produce fighter jets, tanks, bombs, guns, or as a mater of fact, can't even train their armies.

The good thing is that we can cooperate -- Arab money our expertise and industrial base... Anything is possible..

I'm all for an Islamic military block !

It's sad that Iran isn't a part of it..

Islamic Coalition my butt, I explained what it is about in the other main thread. If the governments of UAE and Egypt are taking part in it then it voids the Islamicness of it completely.

Pakestan and Turkey are building their own plans...hh.
Turkey supports terrorism in Egypt ,Syria and Iraq.
Pakestan ....are the drones attacks by US that violate your land still going on or not.....so don't be so showy..

All militant organisations will keep coming if you don't resolve issue of Palestine.​
How is the cold blooded massacring of innocent Shia, Yazidi and Sunnis by groups like Daesh, TTP, Lashkar-E-Jhangvi, Jundullah etc part of the process of 'resolving Palestine'?

Palestine has nothing to do with the majority of the fires of hatred and intolerance burning in the Muslim world - it is the ideology of hatred and intolerance that justifies prejudice against, and the murder of, (whether by the State or non-State actors) innocents on the pretext of blasphemy or being Ahmadi, Shia, Barelvi or Yazidi.

The ideology of hatred and intolerance we have been teaching our children, and are still teaching our children, is the root cause here, not Palestine.

Pakestan and Turkey are building their own plans...hh.
Turkey supports terrorism in Egypt ,Syria and Iraq.
Pakestan ....are the drones attacks by US that violate your land still going on or not.....so don't be so showy..

Those drone attacks by U.S were due to our permission.

They have stopped since then as we made some of these babies of our own

Buraq.jpg

Buraq-640x480.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

No one in their right mind will follow House of Saud to the battleground.

Why? So Iran can backstab Pakistan again like when they handed over Pakistani centrifuge designs to the US which resulted in Pakistani Atomic scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan taking the fall for the military.
AQ Khan had also provided bomb and centrifuge designs to the Libyans and centrifuge designs to the NoKo's - Iran wasn't the only source of information against him and because of the Libyan and NoKo discoveries Pakistan was in fact cooperating with the IAEA about AQ Khan's other activities.

Did the Iranians disclose AQ Khan's centrifuge sale to the IAEA first or had Pakistan already flagged AQ Khan's nuclear cooperation with Iran as part of its efforts to come clean about the AQ Khan network? The Iranians may not have had a choice because the IAEA already knew most of the details.

What are goals and scope of this coalition? Or it's like OIC to arrange tea parties and issue statements?
My thoughts exactly.

Saudis are gone bezerk !! Pakistan must not join. We may consider if Iran is also part of it.
I doubt think Iran will complain too much. Still, Pakistan needs to be careful, Iran is an immediate neighbor, KSA is a far off entity.

As for the Saudis going berzerk? Not really, they're doing this to expand their influence, and as we know, the quickest way to expand one's influence is conflict and military.

Anyway, I have serious doubts about this "coalition". Unless they can prove that they're serious, and effective, I consider it as being nothing more than symbolic gesture.

Back
Top Bottom