What's new

Saudi Arabia announces 20% defence budget increase

Probably you have no understanding about working of Global positioning systems.That's the reason that you are thinking that there would be a Beidou II/III series like it is for other simple weapon systems.

Global positioning system uses a constellation of satellite , which are essentially Atomic clocks, orbiting around earth.Position of these satellites is known with great accuracy. A ground receiver need at least three ,preferably four, satellites in line of sight t o find it's position. The signal from satellites has an inbuilt error of about 4-70 meters depending on conditions; signals for correcting this error is sent by a ground station based in vicinity of receiver. It need 24 satellites for US's GPS and Russia's Glonass, 30 for Galileo, 35 for Beidou, 10 for IRNSS.

Not only is putting a GPS system difficult but doing it again after putting it up is redundant as increase in number of satellites would not going to improve coverage. One has to just service their satellites regularly. That why there is not going to be a beidou II/III.

That sad country Hindustan is much better than it's pathetic failed state neighbour which can't even manufacture a bike engine.

Have already posted about it in detail in some other Thread, it is not about "working" the understanding in there, point is even if it takes 10 years or more saudis would need alternate or parallel to GPS system or similar systems, they have money they are eager and have will and have invested in satellites they may go for such system in a long run, I am not saying they will do it all by themselves they may ask for help from alternative source that could be China as I do not think russians would be willing certainly not west.

Sadly hindustan gets fooled not all Nations get fooled by paying more than what things cost, saudis are ambitious they have proved it. So I suggest you don't look at saudis as low or unable to achieve as clearly reflected from your post it is hard to start with not impossible you don't worry about their money and manpower in all Areas.

Out of $80 billion, let's take $5 billion on JF-17 or other projects with Pakistan cooperation, can they ?!? :mad:

Why will Saudi waste money on 3rd rate JF-17 to please Pakistanis? Instead they can gift you $1.5 billion in pure cash, win win for both.

....Empty Pockets
Empty-Pockets.jpg

Only Prays......

Jesus....

I made a little math.. we currently spend 2,2% of our GDP. Which is 21 billion dollars. If we spent the 11% of our GDP too, it makes 105,8 billion dollars..Saudi guys, can I borrow your defense minister and king :lol:

No, you can't.

A GPS system takes two dozen satellites and a decade to become operational. Putting it once is difficult enough, no one is going to build a " GPS like " system twice.

A GPS like system is a reference it could be further either be development of Beidou II/III infact already works in progress by China if it can take a decade by all means it should but saudis would need to look for alternate to GPS in a long run if they want powerful regional military. Last 80 billion dollars can buy alot it is sad country like hindustan is ripped off by russians and west.

The Beidou II has already done with the Asia-Pacific coverage, then the global coverage will be the Beidou III.

That was a joke anyways. Why this aggressive mood :lol..

Money can get weapons to defend your nation but it can't resolve the ignorance of a nation dear.

I am pretty sure he was joking too, however it appears that you are not so light hearted in your own post here.

That was a joke anyways. Why this aggressive mood :lol..

Money can get weapons to defend your nation but it can't resolve the ignorance of a nation dear.
You aksed us a question, we gave you the answer.
Thanks for coming, keep in touch.

My apologies.. But I think that he exactly meant what he said..sorry I couldn't hold myself.

@Mosamania @Yzd Khalifa

Hope its better now, fixed.

That you can't have our defence minister and/or king? This has joke written all over it. And thank you for fixing it, no need for us to get entangled over a misunderstanding.

KSA is is going through a transition stage. I hope this amount of cash is used for building a befitting military industrial complex.

Are they even trying or are they still buying stuff off the shelf from other countries just so other countries don't sell to Iran?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom