What's new

Saudi Arabia announces 20% defence budget increase

India has no interest in trolling saudia, seeing how it has some 200m muslims and many muslims in high posts.

Well, I don't think you have ANY grasp of India's global strategy. If you don't specialize in something, you don't have to address the topic like an expert. That's ok. Indian Navy is looking at the Globe....the Blue Water status. I, you, the world and your neighbor's dog knows it. This has nothing to do with Pakistan or anything. These are their global ambitions. Anti-Islam has become huge in the Indian military and it comes out everywhere. So can't blame for Saudia to be careful and to be able to protect her interest..

The increase is because of the Navy's deal(s). The Navy if reports I heard were true is going to become the forward facing force of KSA in the future in stead of the Air Force. KSA wants to absorb the US's role in the region. And that is a large undertaking.

I agree. Plus I think the US and Saudi have completely given up on Egypt being the strong force in the middle east that deters any other country from doing something stupid. If used to be if things hit the fan you could count on Egypt to be there next to you as backup. Not anymore.

Saudi will be the new Egypt in terms of being the regional force to be reckoned with. So naturally they will want a navy to go with it. As for some kind of buildup to offset India's navy...I don't think they perceive India as an immediate military threat. However they may feel uncomfortable being a bit weak with only a few frigates so if there was some kind of naval issue (like pirates or an oil blockade) they would be at a disadvantage in not being able to do much. Right now they know the US can crush any naval issue easily but if the US fleet moves that will leave a huge security gap.

Saudis modernization has nothing to do with India. It has everything to do with having a complete upper hand over Iran. Saudis can give too fucks when India tests an ICBM, SLBM, or launches an SSBN. They dont care, just like countries all over IO, Persian sea, and SE Asia dont care.

80.8 billion dollars will make Saudi the 3rd largest military spender in the world, overtake Russia's position

Giri Rajendran: 2013’s top defence-spenders | IISS

MB2014-Top-15-Defence-budgets-NEW.gif
Real China and Russia spends are much higher. So Saudis will remain 4th.

Well, I don't think you have ANY grasp of India's global strategy. If you don't specialize in something, you don't have to address the topic like an expert. That's ok. Indian Navy is looking at the Globe....the Blue Water status. I, you, the world and your neighbor's dog knows it. This has nothing to do with Pakistan or anything. These are their global ambitions. Anti-Islam has become huge in the Indian military and it comes out everywhere. So can't blame for Saudia to be careful and to be able to protect her interest..

I bet Indian military whispered that in your ears . Plus look who is talking about "expert" .hah .

Because India is a stooge of Israel.

Yeah everybody is stooge of Israel . What an intelligent analysis . I recommend you for think Tank .

$80 billion is an extraordinarily large sum. Puts KSA behind only the US and China in terms of spending.

I wonder how long it'll take to manifest in confirmed procurements and noticeable R&D developments. More importantly, how long until this level of spending begins to match the kingdom's strategic weight in the region?

I know it can already be considered a middle-power, but with this kind of spending and resource allocation, it should be in the 'great power' discussion alongside traditional European powers (UK, France, Germany) and the clear Middle Eastern power within a generation.

We'll see.

I bet Indian military whispered that in your ears . Plus look who is talking about "expert" .hah .

I think so. I bet you, the SAME Indian army told you to deny it but openly bit*ch about Saudi's religion and make them feel like you are already their enemy. You want to ignore the reality, its your call. If you dig up threads on this very forum, you'll see some hateful disturbing language by Indian members (coming from Shiv Sena, RSS, BJP backgrounds) that openly and verbally abuse that religion. Actually, I haven't see Americans or Israelis go to even HALF that extent and get personal with Islam. And you wonder why Saudi's are looking ahead and saying "hell no" in dealing with the Indian Navy in their backyard? Saudis are about to buy-build two aircraft carriers too.

I think so. I bet you, the SAME Indian army told you to deny it but openly bit*ch about Saudi's religion and make them feel like you are already their enemy. You want to ignore the reality, its your call. If you dig up threads on this very forum, you'll see some hateful disturbing language by Indian members (coming from Shiv Sena, RSS, BJP backgrounds) that openly and verbally abuse that religion. Actually, I haven't see Americans or Israelis go to even HALF that extent and get personal with Islam. And you wonder why Saudi's are looking ahead and saying "hell no" in dealing with the Indian Navy in their backyard? Saudis are about to buy-build two aircraft carriers too.

what a load of codswallop . we are not Pakistan that army will interfere in civilian affairs . Now keep on weeping , nothing will change .

$80 billion is an extraordinarily large sum. Puts KSA behind only the US and China in terms of spending.

I wonder how long it'll take to manifest in confirmed procurements and noticeable R&D developments
I know it can already be considered a middle-power.

80 B is a lot of money. There are two aircraft carriers in the pipes that the Saudis want to buy/internally build (buy one and try to build the second one as a JV?, time will tell). Plus, they are about to buy about 100 jets for Naval role (potentially the F/A 18's or potentially try to jet into JSF?). So yea huge changes coming. Outside of the American and the Jewish influence, the Saudis want to be the regional power in the Arab world and don't want anyone else like the Indians and the Chinese, etc. This would actually help the remainder of the world as it'll make sure that Arabs solve their issues through their own while US can stay involved from a strategic standpoint and to protect her interests.

what a load of codswallop . we are not Pakistan that army will interfere in civilian affairs . Now keep on weeping , nothing will change .

You didn't answer ANY of what I was referring to. However, your rear got burnt when I mentioned reality. Next time, if you have nothing to say as it goes against your religious and other interest, don't waste Oxygen and Disk space on here. Just don't respond. Your post above is as worthless as a blank paper. Come back with counter arguments so people can see your point of view. What I wrote is the reality and it is PRESENT on this very forum on multiple threads in thousands of anti-Islam and hatred filled posts

You didn't answer ANY of what I was referring to. However, your rear got burnt when I mentioned reality. Next time, if you have nothing to say as it goes against your religious and other interest, don't waste Oxygen and Disk space on here. Just don't respond. Your post above is as worthless as a blank paper. Come back with counter arguments so people can see your point of view. What I wrote is the reality and it is PRESENT on this very forum on multiple threads in thousands of anti-Islam and hatred filled posts

because i dont respond to BS . Like i said continue your weeping and writing long stories from your rear .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom